Sponsored

Mustang takes 2018 sales crown over Challenger and Camaro

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The Challenger is big and comfy and it has big engines available. I bet if Ford came out with a 7 liter Mustang GT, Mustang sales would skyrocket. It might help if they made the seats a little wider as well.
I've seriously thought about a Charger for a daily.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
330548.png

Looks to me like Challenger has been getting camaro sales

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
This disastrous facelift sure won't help the Camaro's numbers next year. They'll be fleeing in droves to the Ford dealerships.
Camaro.jpg
It looks a lot better then the 2019 one.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe so but GM is looking for high volume and big bucks 50k sales ain't going to get it.
Is you ignant? The Camaro forums say GM wants the lowest possible volume with massive profits for each. :wink:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It looks a lot better then the 2019 one.
Big deal. I challenge you to come up with any change that would NOT be a lot better.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Big deal. I challenge you to come up with any change that would NOT be a lot better.
Haha, very true.

However I do like the look of the ZL1 1LE

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
some of you hit on the point ..America is so fat and lazy these days even bending down to get in a car is too much effort..and I believe that's at least half the reason the country craves suvs….. Make a mustang you can get in without actually bending your fatass into and it will sell bigly

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I've seriously thought about a Charger for a daily.
As did I... dyed in the wool Mopar guy, but the Challenger is just fat, and if I'm going to have a fat car it might as well have 4 doors and not pretend to be something it's not. The Scat Pack Charger I was looking at was the same money as my EBPP and was equipped about the same, but a foot shorter overall, a foot shorter wheelbase, over 700 lb lighter made the decision easy. The boys don't both have to fit in the back these days, either.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Hats off to MOPAR for advertising their car and making that ageing platform perform. Chevy has to be shaking their heads at getting their kiester hauled by that platform.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
T think FA is doing a really nice job of refining the looks of the Challenger and offering really nice performance packages. Their increase in sales are well deserved. Just by looking at the Challenger, you do not realize it is a heavy car . So weight may not be a concern to most who buy the Challenger.

JaxChris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Why make the Challenger lighter when you can give it 700-800hp to compensate and market it as the "most powerful" or "fastest 1/4 mile" production car under 200k? There are a lot of people with more money than sense and to them simple marketing works.

I have the Camaro SS in the house, I'm here to do things to the Mrs EB Premium. GM doesn't market the Camaro, the 2019 refresh is an automotive abortion only Michael Jackson could love (looks like the nose fell off), and the head of the Camaro team just took over the new GM EV platform development. His replacement is doing double duty as head of accessories and head of Camaro. When you don't leave your prior job title, that means you're only there temporarily, and in GM speak that means babysit the closure of this business unit for us and go back to your real job. Once the extra 14,000 layoffs are handed out and finalized this year, we'll see enough evidence that 7th gen Camaro development was halted and GM will let the existing platform riding out a couple extra years until the next retooling of existing factories takes place. The only difference you'll see in the 2020-2022 model years is that the front bumper will the the 2018 SEMA version instead as low cost lipstick on a big. The bumpers that were already made with holes in them were sent to Russia for their weird ass 2.0T Camaro with SS front bumper.

Congrats to the Mustang family on continuing to cement their return to dominance with the S550. And you guys thought the sky was falling with your 2018 facelift... haha.