Mustang still sits very high after being on lift 3 days ago

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I put my Stang on jack stands on all 4 points to have my brakes painted and my wheels changed. I didn’t have much time to get this done so the car was sitting like this for about a week. Once I got the wheels on and the car lowered, it is sitting very high, probably at oem ride height but I have Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs. My initial thought was that the springs needed time to fully compress but after 3 days and about 15 minutes of driving I haven’t noticed the car settling down much. My second thought is that I could need an alignment from the wheel positioning possibly messing with the ride height? I went from a 19x9.5/19x8.5 wheel setup to a 20x10.5 +30 setup all around.

Here is what the car should look like vs what it currently does
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Looks the same. The car being up on jacks didn't do anything.

Relax, stop obsessing and drive your car.

OP
OP
bruhh

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Sorry but there is no way that is the same... I have way more poke and fender gap than the picture above. I talked to the guy with that setup and he has the same lowering springs and wheels that I do.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Sorry but there is no way that is the same... I have way more poke and fender gap than the picture above. I talked to the guy with that setup and he has the same lowering springs and wheels that I do.
Unless you used a micrometer before and after the car sat on jacks for a week, I'd say it's your imagination. Unless what you're trying to convey, and aren't making clear, is that those two pictures are of different cars. In which case there's nothing more to be said....they're different cars.

If both of those pictures are of your car, having the car on stands won't change anything. The suspension will settle rather quickly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bruhh

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Unless you used a micrometer before and after the car sat on jacks for a week, I'd say it's your imagination. Unless what you're trying to convey, and aren't making clear, is that those two pictures are of different cars. In which case there's nothing more to be said....they're different cars.

If both of those pictures are of your car, having the car on stands won't change anything. The suspension will settle rather quickly.
The car in the picture has the exact same suspension modifications and the exact same wheel set up as I do, why would there be any difference?

Any time you touch something that affects ride height, this needs to be done:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hose-bushings-after-lowering-your-s550.44129/
That looks like it's for people who have lowered their car. My car was lowered 2 years ago and sat fine until I jacked it up. I only changed the wheels and painted the brakes, that shouldn't affect the ride height, right?

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The car in the picture has the exact same suspension modifications and the exact same wheel set up as I do, why would there be any difference?

That looks like it's for people who have lowered their car. My car was lowered 2 years ago and sat fine until I jacked it up. I only changed the wheels and painted the brakes, that shouldn't affect the ride height, right?
What tires sizes did you go to and from? Tire diameter of course changes ride height...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

You changed the wheels and tires. Are they're a different size from what was on the car before?

OP
OP
bruhh

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
You changed the wheels and tires. Are they're a different size from what was on the car before?
Yes they are. I just find it odd that the car sits so differently especially when the other guy had no problems changing his wheels. Could an alignment or retorquing of the suspension as mentioned before help?

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes they are. I just find it odd that the car sits so differently especially when the other guy had no problems changing his wheels. Could an alignment or retorquing of the suspension as mentioned before help?
Bruhh........

Dunno, I'd start another thread in (or have this one moved to) the suspension forum. There you will get more knowledgeable replies.

You keep mentioning the "other guy". I'd not worry about that other guy, unless you know 100% for certain he hasn't done other mods you don't know about.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Personally I think you suspension is fine and right back to where it was before. The difference in tire sidewall height is your problem. Even the wheel size isn't making up for it.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
In addition to the difference in sidewall height, the springs take some time to settle and the camber on the other car is way more aggressive.

OP
OP
bruhh

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Bruhh........

Dunno, I'd start another thread in (or have this one moved to) the suspension forum. There you will get more knowledgeable replies.

You keep mentioning the "other guy". I'd not worry about that other guy, unless you know 100% for certain he hasn't done other mods you don't know about.
Not sure how to move this post into that forum. But yeah I talked to him and he has the same mods as I do.

OP
OP
bruhh

bruhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Personally I think you suspension is fine and right back to where it was before. The difference in tire sidewall height is your problem. Even the wheel size isn't making up for it.
I've got Eibach Pro-Kits, if you see pictures of people running those springs then they look lower than what is shown on the picture. 20x10.5 et30 wheel setups are nothing new on the 6th gen and I've always seen very good fitment from doing it. I don't know what's going on but I really hope it sets in more otherwise I'm gonna have to retorque and sell the wheels if that doesn't work out.

In addition to the difference in sidewall height, the springs take some time to settle and the camber on the other car is way more aggressive.
Yeah I'm hoping it's cause the springs need more time to settle. I talked to the other owner I mentioned and he said his camber dialed in naturally, no camber plates or alignment needed.
Sponsored