Sponsored

Mustang Steering Wheel Controls and CarPlay?

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any music radio app on CarPlay that lets you skip around preset stations like you do on FM Radio or SiriusXM (i.e. from channel 2 to channel 9 for example)

The reason I ask is that I downloaded the SiriusXM app but in order to switch stations you have to touch the screen. The steering wheel controls just go to the next track on that specific station. The same goes for TuneIn Radio and other music apps I've seen. It's why I only use CarPlay sparingly after installing it in my 2016 Mustang. It's nice but IMHO you lose a lot of good features in the Sync Navigation Radio in our Mustangs.
Sponsored

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any music radio app on CarPlay that lets you skip around preset stations like you do on FM Radio or SiriusXM (i.e. from channel 2 to channel 9 for example)

The reason I ask is that I downloaded the SiriusXM app but in order to switch stations you have to touch the screen. The steering wheel controls just go to the next track on that specific station. The same goes for TuneIn Radio and other music apps I've seen. It's why I only use CarPlay sparingly after installing it in my 2016 Mustang. It's nice but IMHO you lose a lot of good features in the Sync Navigation Radio in our Mustangs.
I’m not sure if this is too simple but I tested it. You can have CarPlay on the display while the audio is set to the vehicle’s Sirius source. Steering wheel preset stations skip for me.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
I’m not sure if this is too simple but I tested it. You can have CarPlay on the display while the audio is set to the vehicle’s Sirius source. Steering wheel preset stations skip for me.
OP is asking about controlling the SiriusXM app, not the built in sat tuner in the car.

AFAIK that's not possible over CarPlay, as you noticed you just have basic track controls.

OP
OP

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
Anyone had any experiences with this?

Looking to upgrade my Mustang’s stereo in the next year or so and am hoping for full steering wheel control functionality vs basic track controls.
Sponsored