Mustang Shelby GT500 will produce 760 horsepower and 625 lb-ft of torque

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Isnt the Red Eye more powerful? I'd like to see the two face head to head, unless Ford specifically means around a track and not a straight line.
Power (HP), I would say Red Eye...but, fastest is time. I'm sure all the testing will back up what Ford is putting down. I hear on Challenger Talk how slow the Hellcats "feel". due to weight.
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Power (HP), I would say Red Eye...but, fastest is time. I'm sure all the testing will back up what Ford is putting down. I hear on Challenger Talk how slow the Hellcats "feel". due to weight.
Probably just like a space ship. You can't feel the speed because it is HUGE.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
760 hp is so much power. Glad that's where it ended up. A little disappointed in the torque output, but I'll live.

And Ford claimed this is the most densely powered supercharged V8 in production. I believe all those listed above are twin turbo-charged.
Correct. The most power dense v8 with specific method of forced induction: supercharged.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Right. Ford has already stated sub 11 second 1/4 mile times and mid 3 second 0-60...which is precisely where the Red Eye falls. The Red Eye might have the HP advantage, but the GT500 will have a significant weight advantage.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This. The red eye may have a bit more power, but the 500 isn’t just built for power. It’s built for speed and speed management. It will whoop the red eye.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Im still surprised the 6th gen hasnt got a Z28 yet..........

Won't be one camaro is dead GM is just waiting for the end of the three year refresh cycle before the say anything plus they have way to many zl1s left

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
<dreaming....>
2008 GT500KR had 40hp over the regular GT500....
maybe....just maybe....future? GT500KR...760+40=800hp....coincidence???
<dreaming over....>

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It’s pretty well known the next z28 is FI.
Yeah, at the power levels needed to compete in this market segment, we won’t see anymore NA motors - I think the GT350 is the last great NA domestic engine.

When the Z06 went FI, I think that was the roadmap for the super high performance domestics.

Sponsored

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
It is a good solid effort. Should out run the Camaro with the horsepower advantage and keep up with the Hellcat Redeye on the strip. Just seems this car should have been out a couple years ago.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Won't be one camaro is dead GM is just waiting for the end of the three year refresh cycle before the say anything plus they have way to many zl1s left
Wellllllll considering recent news so will the Silverado LOL!! Silverado sales are terrible right now and Ill just go out on a limb and say its for the same reason as the Camaro....... Its god awful ugly!!!

Haha!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Same song and dance GM used for dismal camaro sales this is from GM authority

Chevrolet said its share of the light-duty retail market rose 5.4 percent between January and May of this year. That still lags behind Ram, but the Bowtie brand underscored the next-generation pickups are more about profit, and not share of the market.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06...e-but-expects-positive-outcome/#ixzz5rEdER5ye
Wellllllll considering recent news so will the Silverado LOL!! Silverado sales are terrible right now and Ill just go out on a limb and say its for the same reason as the Camaro....... Its god awful ugly!!!

Haha!

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Right. Ford has already stated sub 11 second 1/4 mile times and mid 3 second 0-60...which is precisely where the Red Eye falls. The Red Eye might have the HP advantage, but the GT500 will have a significant weight advantage.
A stock 15+ GT PP is generally quicker around a circuit track than a Hellcat...unless the track is really open with larger sweeping corners and longer straights...the more technical the more a mustang has an advantage over it. Also Chargers/Challengers/Hellcat/Redeye #1 track problem is brakes, when i track my father-in-laws Hellcat at T-Hill, 3 laps in and I start loosing brakes bad.
Sponsored

Last edited: