Status
Not open for further replies.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thing is, every new generation of Mustang is met with a certain level of hate. That may be a strong word, but new looks always stir up emotions. And, often as not, the vast majority of "haters" come around to liking the new design after several month. Not everyone, of course, but I'd bet its the majority that eventually change their minds.

By giving us a glimpse now, perhaps Ford is preparing us for the change and there will be more acceptance of it from the first full reveal.
I don't like the look but new ideals have to start somewhere. The first look we get is never the end product but something of this concept may find its way into the production car. Bring on more concepts I'm eager to see them.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Like it or not, we need this open thinking to take the “new” Mustang to the next level. As with the C8, some love it, some don’t but everyone is talking about it. That’s what we need for the Mustang. The S550 was a good start. Time to aim for the fences.
agreed that newness is needed. but not any newness. The right kind of newness.
yet that’s exactly the issue. There is nothing open or next level about this. It looks just like a Less sleek s550. What would really take the car to the next level is reinventing what a 2020s sports car can be. Sleeker, faster, better.

the C8 was an effort to maximize the Vette. I’d say. They’ve done it.
waiting to see that level of risk taken on the mustang.

not talking about making a politically correct car either. Talking a hot looking, insanely fast, top handling source. Of pride and joy.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes and they all copied my dick :facepalm:

That's right, my medical condition was the inspiration for all modern car designs.
Except the Mini, right?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
All I know is if the S650's front end/grille looks like that (or the Mach E), I won't have any reason to part with my S550.....

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
Well, this old rendering makes plenty of sense now. It's derived from informed knowledge for sure, as it didn't come out of thin air from the little I know.

Bear in mind this sculpture isn't fully representative of the vehicle in question. You simply don't give away all the details at once.

2023-ford-mustang-s650-concept.jpg
Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation...jpg

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
In fact, back in August 2011, Ford showed the Evos, which had been designed to tease the CD391 (Fusion & Mondeo) due in fall of 2012.

However, looks like the Evos also teased the S550 design process. Ford settled on a final S550 design in January 2012 and cleaned that up by summer 2012, fully wrapping by December 1, 2012 with locking it all in for September 2014 intro.

This sculpture does that, albeit in a more advanced degree supposedly than the Evos, since things are farther along for S650 now than S550 in 2011.
ford-evos-concept-1.jpg
20201008_201240.jpg

Even Mercedes teased their S-Class flagship sedan in a random 2-door 125th anniversary concept in 2011 and no one was the wiser until it debuted in 2013. You gotta look out for any hints, as it won't be blatant.

maxresdefault (5).jpg
14-s550-1.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

That's right, my medical condition was the inspiration for all modern car designs.
well, that explains the droopy front end for sure!!

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

..an Isetta is the inspiration for all modern car designs????????
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.