cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
According to @amk91 (post below):

That's very much S650 to a degree. Wasn't expecting this to be shown, let alone in 2020. Should be seeing mules testing soon (behind schedule), followed by what is called Verification Prototype 1.

This is the ‘Progressive Energy In Strength’ Sculpture currently on display at the 2020 Beijing Auto Show's Ford booth.

Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation...jpg
Ford-Progressive-Energy-In-Strength-design-installation-previews-the-design-of-next-generation...jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
cmxPPL219

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That's very much S650 to a degree. Wasn't expecting this to be shown, let alone in 2020. Should be seeing mules testing soon (behind schedule), followed by what is called Verification Prototype 1.
Thanks for the insight :thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That front end is also very similar to one of the renderings that was released as part of the Mach E launch. I always thought it odd that they showed this one, as it's clearly a coupe and not an SUV!

I prefer the shape of the lights on the sculpture though.

S650 7.jpg

S650 A.jpg

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The title somehow sounds a bit like an announcement for electrification? If you consider electrification something progressive that is of course.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Awesome find. I really like what they did here. Has a lot of Mach-E elements, but it's still looking like an evolution of Gen 6. Reminds me of the PB18 e-tron concept form Audi

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhh great, Mustang is about to join the “obnoxiously oversized grille” club... :eyeroll:

Edit: strange that Admin edited out my “thanks China” remark... it’s pretty common knowledge that ridiculous oversized grilles are the direct result of a growing market in China and their love of these black holes in the front of the car

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If it is going to look anything like that sculpture I'm already a fan. The grille design looks like it could be done both in an open ICE as well as a closed electro variant without changing the base design of the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.