Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Take the Fox Mustangs, they did not look like any previous Mustang and sold very well. However, the Fox Mustangs were closer to the size of the original notch back Mustangs and were sporty with the ability to hold four people. I bought two Fox Mustangs over the years and still like them because they were still pony cars with V8 engines.
Sponsored

Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm assuming this render is from the same Ace from this forum? I like it, even though this take looks more like an evolution than a whole new take on the Mustang. That said, I wouldn't mind if the S650 looked like this, even if it doesn't look like it takes any cues from the sculpture previewed in Hong Kong (perhaps this was made before that sculpture was made public?).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This was posted on a UK Mustang Facebook page last night. Unfortunately, no details to support it yet, but I assume this is just a design student's study and likely not anything officially from Ford.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I do see elements of the sculpture Ford previewed in China.

S650 Concept.jpg
S650 C.jpg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
What are the pipes for on the sides ? Venting for the batteries ... ? :cwl:

I actually like it :like:

WD :like:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Haha.......or perhaps that's where you plug it in :p

Actually, those side pipes are a sure sign this isn't an official Ford proposal as I suspect the chances of those reaching production are zero (although the '12/'13 Boss 302 did have side pipes.....although they were not visible unless you were on your knees!).

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'm assuming this render is from the same Ace from this forum? I like it, even though this take looks more like an evolution than a whole new take on the Mustang. That said, I wouldn't mind if the S650 looked like this, even if it doesn't look like it takes any cues from the sculpture previewed in Hong Kong (perhaps this was made before that sculpture was made public?).
Yes, this rendering is from me. I made it just before the sculpture was revealed, so it's just a wild guess based on how en evolutional design might look like imho.

I already started working making the sculpture into a rendering of the final car, but still have to work on it.

This was posted on a UK Mustang Facebook page last night. Unfortunately, no details to support it yet, but I assume this is just a design student's study and likely not anything officially from Ford.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I do see elements of the sculpture Ford previewed in China.

S650 Concept.jpg
S650 C.jpg
Yeah, the hallway and room in the background pretty much looks like college and not like a workplace of Fords designers. I really like the sidelines, the high beltline is kind of Camaro-ish, but the rear looks too blocky to me to fit the rest of the car.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Haha.......or perhaps that's where you plug it in :p

Actually, those side pipes are a sure sign this isn't an official Ford proposal as I suspect the chances of those reaching production are zero (although the '12/'13 Boss 302 did have side pipes.....although they were not visible unless you were on your knees!).
But you heard them... one of the best sounding exhaust on a car ever!

That’s an interesting hood height and rear deck lid. The hood will definitely need a bulge for the coyote or the 6.8 :lipssealed: . That deck lid would never make production but is an interesting exercise.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I dunno, the similarities to the S550 are so great that you'd have to wonder who at Ford would say "You know, I think the evolutionary approach has paid off for Camaro, we ought to follow their lead..."

OTOH, stuff like the rear treatment and side pipes are trivial at this stage in the process - the '15 had three pretty different possible treatments of these details right up to nearly the end. But putting a big round medallion on the decklid strikes me as fannish thinking (not that I don't like it).
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.