Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Yeah, can we just go back to discussing fishycars? :giggle:

Sorry Paul, it’s early and I’m on my first cup of coffee.
Ok, on topic then. I think it's a sculpture that will only have a vague resemblance to the actual car. It's worse even than a "concept car" in its abstraction from an actual production vehicle.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Like it or not, we need this open thinking to take the “new” Mustang to the next level. As with the C8, some love it, some don’t but everyone is talking about it. That’s what we need for the Mustang. The S550 was a good start. Time to aim for the fences.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thing is, every new generation of Mustang is met with a certain level of hate. That may be a strong word, but new looks always stir up emotions. And, often as not, the vast majority of "haters" come around to liking the new design after several month. Not everyone, of course, but I'd bet its the majority that eventually change their minds.

By giving us a glimpse now, perhaps Ford is preparing us for the change and there will be more acceptance of it from the first full reveal.

Sponsored

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Thing is, every new generation of Mustang is met with a certain level of hate. That may be a strong word, but new looks always stir up emotions. And, often as not, the vast majority of "haters" come around to liking the new design after several month. Not everyone, of course, but I'd bet its the majority that eventually change their minds.

By giving us a glimpse now, perhaps Ford is preparing us for the change and there will be more acceptance of it from the first full reveal.
I loved the S197 from the get-go. I still hate the SN95/New Edge.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

This is often true. I didn't like the 18 refresh when I first saw it and now own a 19 and like the refresh plenty. It took me a while to come around but I did and I'm sure that happens to alot folks whenever change is involved.

For this sculpture I doubt its what the actual car will look like especially the back but who knows.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
There is a lot I like about the sculpture. Will the new Mustang be a flat back ? The front fenders indicate that some wide tires could surely be put on the new Mustang.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The only thing I really don't like on this concept is the single grille. I think the design would look much more Mustang if they would split up the grille horizontally. It looks much more of an evolution of the Mach-E design, than a successor of the imho better looking Mach 1 frontend.

Back then we also had the Ford Evos concept, which pretty much showed us how the 15 Mustang will look like with only the rearend being really different. I absolutely agree with you, giving some design hints as early as possible will reduce the time that people will hate on a new design and people can already get used to the look. Ford showed the Mach-E frontend too in this spot with Bryan Cranston.

That's why I think the extreme padding in the last years on spotted prototypes is a really bad move. Give people hints what to expect, let the fans do all the renderings and magazines do big articles how your car will look like. The front and rear bumper of the C8 Corvette was leaked in 2017, the renderings (chazcron doing his magic again) were absoluetly spot on - So people already got a glimpse, talked about the car and when it was revealed the high quality pictures and videos let people love it instantly.

Maybe they took a lesson from the negative feedback on 18 refresh reveal, even though most people liked it after a while when people were able to see it live. I still think the 18 refresh is just not as photogenic as the 15, even though it looks more aggressive in real life.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe they took a lesson from the negative feedback on 18 refresh reveal, even though most people liked it after a while when people were able to see it live. I still think the 18 refresh is just not as photogenic as the 15, even though it looks more aggressive in real life.
This is so true ... :like:

WD :like:

Reactions: Ace

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I loved the S197 from the get-go. I still hate the SN95/New Edge.
Yes!! I loved the S197 from day 1 as well, but also love the S550 (2015) which is why it was ordered so early, perfect evolution of muscle and style in my opinion. If the S197 had the IRS and interior of the '15 then I may have ended up with an end of production one of those instead. Not a big fan of this one so far, the grill is way too large in my opinion, as many have stated. But that being said, Ford needs to continue to push the envelope to stand out from the crowd.

Threads
Reaction score
If this is the direction they are going it’s going to be the biggest disappointment of late 2022. It cheapens everything. Hate it already

Status
Not open for further replies.