Mustang S550! Is it a pony car or a sports car

Matthewneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1
It's a pony car, however if you hit the old internet and YouTube lots of stories as to the history of this car and why, how it became Pony car. You might like.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Did y’all resolve anything yet?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I think some of these points depend on what you do for a living.

If you are a traveling salesman or have to meet clients a lot or have a company car, you will probably be driving around in a new or newer car. Even the base models these days have all that safety and security crap on them. I'd rather a computer not try to steer me back in my lane.

If you are in the Information Technology sector, you will either have a company phone or be dependent on your phone to take calls and research things or maybe even provide a mobile hotspot. In this case, you probably have a new or newer smartphone.

In some ways technology is a step forward. In other ways technology is a step back. The invention of Google Maps is a life saver for most. On the other hand it isn't a coincidence you get ads on websites in which you have virtually or verbally talked about. I could be talking to someone outside about how comfortable my Levi's (Jeans) are and next thing you know both of us get ads for Levi jeans on websites you visit. You are tracked everywhere you go. This isn't something you can escape from.

Norm, I gather you are an older gentleman. I bet you didn't grow up with all this technology. In that case, I feel like it's easier to turn your back on technology or "unplug" from it. I'm in my 30s now and watched technology advance as I grew older. I have a job in the IT sector now. For a person like me, there is no way to "unplug" or get off the grid. I'm researching on my laptop or phone. Heck, maybe even on-call. It's mentally tiring...

I'm also IT, and say you''re wrong regarding not being able to unplug.

8 -5, I play the game 5pm I cannot be reached. Problem with the young bucks is they have been convinced that their time is not theirs.. These companies make a big deal about family first. Then turn around and expect you to answer a ringing phone, acknowledge, IMs every instant .

Have also accepted being a slave as a norm, lacking the ability to make a decision on their own.

Everything thing takes 50 emails of stupid questions, zoom meetings or Teams to figure out what comes next.

The buzz word and the biggest joke on the sheep. It's a culture, oh yeah it is a CULT -ure all right.

Big tech is the new Church of Scientology. Stand back without the glare of the cell phone screen. See what you're embracing as new and improved.

I can not avoid the useless smart shit, but I also do not have to us it. I refused to buy a new car a short while back. Was not going to put my John Hancock on paper.
Salesman asked why, cause he bent over backwards to get my $$$.
I told him that I could not own a car that the motor shuts down at every stop.

OF COURSE I got the "Well every car has that or will" Said that's fine and I don't have to own one, walked. Got me a Mustang...

Being an individual, self reliance, common sense are all good things.

To bad these qualities are bening lost, and has really sped up, as the brain washing continues .

Better get smarter than the gadgets controlling you right now.

Good luck

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

8 -5, I play the game 5pm I cannot be reached. Problem with the young bucks is they have been convinced that their time is not theirs.. These companies make a big deal about family first. Then turn around and expect you to answer a ringing phone, acknowledge, IMs every instant .
Excellent!

Off the clock should really mean all the way off the clock.

I'm retired now, but back when I was working (engineering) I'd get in my car to go home, and by the time I got there I'd almost always forgotten about anything that happened at work.

Norm

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Problem with the young bucks is they have been convinced that their time is not theirs.. These companies make a big deal about family first. Then turn around and expect you to answer a ringing phone, acknowledge, IMs every instant .
You know it's screwed when people talk about working 80 hours a week and having little to no sleep as if it were a badge of honor. It's honestly disgusting. I think it's important for people to remember that employment is just a contractual agreement to work the agreed upon hours for the agreed upon pay. Things can and will be dynamic but the difference between employment and slavery is one's choice and ability to value their own time. Sure, someone may be reprimanded by their employer but, from what I've witnessed, unless the individual sucks at their job/habitually calls in, things won't escalate beyond a verbal scolding.

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Have also accepted being a slave as a norm, lacking the ability to make a decision on their own.

Everything thing takes 50 emails of stupid questions, zoom meetings or Teams to figure out what comes next.

The buzz word and the biggest joke on the sheep. It's a culture, oh yeah it is a CULT -ure all right.

Big tech is the new Church of Scientology. Stand back without the glare of the cell phone screen. See what you're embracing as new and improved.

I can not avoid the useless smart shit, but I also do not have to us it. I refused to buy a new car a short while back. Was not going to put my John Hancock on paper.
Salesman asked why, cause he bent over backwards to get my $$$.
I told him that I could not own a car that the motor shuts down at every stop.

OF COURSE I got the "Well every car has that or will" Said that's fine and I don't have to own one, walked. Got me a Mustang...

Being an individual, self reliance, common sense are all good things.

To bad these qualities are bening lost, and has really sped up, as the brain washing continues .

Better get smarter than the gadgets controlling you right now.

Good luck
I'm guessing we are at different ends of the IT sector... Everything you said isn't as easy as how you said it. Try wearing different hats at an SMB (small to medium business). The IT team at most of these businesses is understaffed and overworked.

Norm, It's easy for someone else to tell you what they do to unplug, but that's an outside perspective. You can't compare working in Engineering to a Network Admin, Sys Admin, or Developer. That's apples to oranges.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Just my 2 cents, but isn't the Mustang the original definition of the pony car, hence the name "Mustang".
It's bigger than a roadster, but smaller than a muscle car, like a roadrunner, GTO, or Chevelle.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing we are at different ends of the IT sector... Everything you said isn't as easy as how you said it. Try wearing different hats at an SMB (small to medium business). The IT team at most of these businesses is understaffed and overworked.

Norm, It's easy for someone else to tell you what they do to unplug, but that's an outside perspective. You can't compare working in Engineering to a Network Admin, Sys Admin, or Developer. That's apples to oranges.
In the middle, 2 out of 4 mentioned, Network Admin, Sys Admin. Other hats, remotely repair & rebuild meta devices, after your someone R&R the drive.

Don't do firmware, load OS, platforms serviced HP, Dell, Orical, SuperMicro

I could go on just letting you know. The snarky comment was noticed and not unexpected.

Your business needs internet service built for the bandwidth demands of next-generation applications and data. Whether you need to support video, CRM, large file sharing or other data-intensive applications, Lumen® Fiber+ Internet delivers the performance, equipment and network availability to help move your business forward at speeds 10x faster than average US internet. 1

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
In the middle, 2 out of 4 mentioned, Network Admin, Sys Admin. Other hats, remotely repair & rebuild meta devices, after your someone R&R the drive.

Don't do firmware, load OS, platforms serviced HP, Dell, Orical, SuperMicro

I could go on just letting you know. The snarky comment was noticed and not unexpected.

Your business needs internet service built for the bandwidth demands of next-generation applications and data. Whether you need to support video, CRM, large file sharing or other data-intensive applications, Lumen® Fiber+ Internet delivers the performance, equipment and network availability to help move your business forward at speeds 10x faster than average US internet. 1
My first sentence wasn't meant to be mean. I didn't think you worked Helpdesk or anything. But IT encompasses many of hundreds of jobs. Some are bound to have better work life balance than others. And the lucky people that get to pick their own hours as long as their work is done. Work from home sounds nice. I wear many hats as well including the two you listed. It seems like we might do similar work, but just for a different industry. I'm in Healthcare IT. As you can imagine, I've worked the same through the start of this pandemic until now just the same as before the pandemic. Healthcare doesn't take a break, it's a 24/7 365 kind of business. Now everybody take your damn vaccine so we can get past this crap...

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
Pony car ... smaller sized, two door sorts coup or convertible. Typically four seats. Long hood, short deck (trunk for nowadays terms), rear wheel drive. Engine size doesn't matter.....original mustangs and camaros had a couple six cylinders. Ford had a 260/289 then 302 small blocks. Then added 351c/390/427 8 and 9. Chevy had 302/327/350/396 (from day 1) different power levels.
All were pony cars, regardless of which engine or package....gt/boss/shelby/mach1...or rs/ss/z/28/or even yenkos and danas

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't missed your point, rather I'm just making my own.

Mustangs aren't fast cars anymore. There's too many really fast cars now. Model S Plaid additions are sub 2 second 0-60....that is fast.
No....that is quick. Acceleration
Fast is continued speed or also top speed
Sponsored