Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost premium PP
I want to get that 4th brake light mod that turns the back up light into a 4th brake light, I just wish it had an option of a few flashes before going solid red.
A bunch of high end cars are starting to do that with brake lights, flash fast a few times then solid red.
Its not a bad idea, but in the end that wouldn't of saved me, he was following me for a while but just decided not to stop this time.
Sponsored

Marco_C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marco
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Frame MIGHT of been pushed in slightly, the rear body panel (which holds the reinforcement bar) was pushed in and the frame is behind that. (Basing this off of other cars that I have seen in a body shop). Where the spare tire sits might also be pushed in, hard to tell. Based on the damage they might repair it or replace it. When they replace these pieces there will need to be a lot of R&I of the trunk components and maybe welding. I am assuming its a V6, if so the car value will be lower than per say a V8, hence the threshold of the vehicle might be lower and might be deemed a total loss. This is all speculation from my end because I don't know the miles on your car or any previous collisions that would affect the vehicle threshold. All of this is based on my experience with estimating cars in body shops in my prior years and working with insurance companies. It all depends on the insurance and if they decide to repair it and take the risk or deem it a total loss. This looks like a 10k - 15k job in my eyes. Best bet is to have an insurance estimate it, body shops can give you estimates, but at the end of the day whatever the insurance says goes. Good luck and hope it gets fixed, which I think it might.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I did the 4th brake light mod and i got a flash module from amazon, hook it up and it flashes quick 3 times then goes solid red, besides the dashcam is the best safety mod you can do.
Do you happen to know the brand and/or part number for that

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
So this guy had no license? And some company hired him and put him behind the wheel of a company vehicle? On public streets? If that’s true, whatever the insurance doesn’t do to make you whole, I’d go after the company. Lawyer up.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So this guy had no license? And some company hired him and put him behind the wheel of a company vehicle? On public streets? If that’s true, whatever the insurance doesn’t do to make you whole, I’d go after the company. Lawyer up.
Yea, I was wondering the same thing…. How could a Company allow an undocumented person to drive their vehicles?

Aside from that aspect of the post, by the looks of the pic posted, I’d be willing to bet the trunk pan/floor is crushed from the impact, especially seeing that the underlying crash bar to the bumper cover is shaped almost into a “V”.

The driver side 1/4 panel looks to be creased directly above the top LEFT corner of the trunk opening which would be the lower end of the C-pillar.

A total loss won’t occur unless the damages exceed 72-75% of ACV.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Meh, He could have had a valid D/L at time of hiring.
I don't think jobs that you are not required to have a cdl or special class D/L the rmv is sending anything to the employer.
A guy in a work truck that needs a job, most likely isn't going to tell the employer he can't drive anymore.
He should but we know, most times that isn't going to happen.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
My trunk won't open and there's some pretty big dents, main thing is that if the car gets totaled out insurance will give so little money, not even enough to replace the car.
Here they pay retail (ACV) plus tax, which historically has been pretty good, better than selling your car. In this market, it depends how your state allows them to compute the ACV.

As for repairs, a direct repair shop (what we called them) for the insurance company that is paying the damage is a good option. They have standards that the ins company requires them to meet. The company typically guarantees the shop's work and will step in if there is a problem with repairs.
While you are entitled to choose any shop you want, if you do and there is a problem with the work, you are on your own. When I worked in claims, the people who chose the direct repair option were the most satisfied.
OTOH, if you choose a quality shot, that should not be an issue.

srqwebguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Eco-Boost Convertible
I was rear-ended in May. Low-speed impact at an intersection. (Had owned the car for 3 weeks to the day.) It is a convertible, so less rigid than the coupe. Rails needed straightening. The shocking total was $12,112.80.

IMG_5709.jpg

188900282_10226653948360064_5181466986449688245_n.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderxkx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mine was half the damage yours sustained.
When the insurance gave me an estimate, it was around $2,900.
After 12 weeks at the shop, the total came out to be close to 10k.

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Looks about like mine did. $14k .....and lots of waiting on backorder parts

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I want to get that 4th brake light mod that turns the back up light into a 4th brake light, I just wish it had an option of a few flashes before going solid red.
A bunch of high end cars are starting to do that with brake lights, flash fast a few times then solid red.
Better to have a hand slap the phone from the idiots hands behind you when you apply brakes. Then apply brakes a second time to slap their face. Like 85% of people in cars are on a device of some sort and 0% are that important they need to be on that crap while behind the wheel.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I did the 4th brake light mod and i got a flash module from amazon, hook it up and it flashes quick 3 times then goes solid red, besides the dashcam is the best safety mod you can do.
a link would be nice how bout it?

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
Do you happen to know the brand and/or part number for that
a link would be nice how bout it?
This is the module https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M33BRAX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_D1ANEXX2W4CE3XKFQVWJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this is the 4th brake light kit
https://www.cjponyparts.com/diode-dynamics-fourth-brake-light-module-kit-2015-2021/p/HW3533/

There are some videos on how to install the brake light, that i can look for if someone needs it.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT