Mustang rear ended

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost premium PP
I was currently rear ended on the highway the other day in stand still traffic, the truck had a deer guard and it did some pretty extensive damage and he was only going around 10-15 mph. Can anyone tell me what I should suspect with this damage? Frame damage? Cost?

43C5526E-8BA2-4676-9D7B-E69EB7C2BE74.jpeg
Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Sorry to hear about the accident. Are you settling this outside of insurance? Because if you're making a claim, then let the adjuster & shop do the appraisal for the estimated cost & repair.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Are the 1/4's buckled?
Looks like a tail panel, bumper, bumper cover, trunk lid or fix dents, and a few other odds and ends. what the trunk floor look like?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Drive it to body shop of choice and have them to an work up.
parts, labor(shop rate) paint time, body time, and materials.
A good body shop will have a licensed appraiser on staff.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
Are the 1/4's buckled?
Looks like a tail panel, bumper, bumper cover, trunk lid or fix dents, and a few other odds and ends. what the trunk floor look like?
Besides a small dent on the 1/4 where the trunk lid got pushed up, no damage on them. The trunk floor look to have no damage either.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Besides a small dent on the 1/4 where the trunk lid got pushed up, no damage on them. The trunk floor look to have no damage either.
lite hit, most likely no frame damage, but I'm here, the car isn't. have an licensed appraiser look at it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I was recently rear ended as well. About half the damage you have. Basically I need a bumpers cover, passenger tail light and black trim panel. Current estimate is $2900.00 but the trunk doesn't latch right so they're expecting hidden damage. Plus the convertible top "feels" like it is harder to latch than before though it's not leaking. I expect that my final number is going to be around $5k.
I'd expect yours to be more like $10-12k. Strictly a guess though...

Also, depending on your location, you may want to look into filling a claim for diminished value.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
I was recently rear ended as well. About half the damage you have. Basically I need a bumpers cover, passenger tail light and black trim panel. Current estimate is $2900.00 but the trunk doesn't latch right so they're expecting hidden damage. Plus the convertible top "feels" like it is harder to latch than before though it's not leaking. I expect that my final number is going to be around $5k.
I'd expect yours to be more like $10-12k. Strictly a guess though...

Also, depending on your location, you may want to look into filling a claim for diminished value.
My trunk won't open and there's some pretty big dents, main thing is that if the car gets totaled out insurance will give so little money, not even enough to replace the car.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
My trunk won't open and there's some pretty big dents, main thing is that if the car gets totaled out insurance will give so little money, not even enough to replace the car.
damn, this is my worst nightmare. i see so many assholes texting and just doing stupid shit while driving, so simple to just pay attention and avoid this. sorry it happened to you. good luck with it.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
damn, this is my worst nightmare. i see so many assholes texting and just doing stupid shit while driving, so simple to just pay attention and avoid this. sorry it happened to you. good luck with it.
The guy that hit me was an illegal and no license or anything, at least the company he worked for had insurance on the truck.

Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
The guy that hit me was an illegal and no license or anything, at least the company he worked for had insurance on the truck.
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. Let the insurance companies battle it out and fingers crossed they make you whole at the end of this mess.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to get that 4th brake light mod that turns the back up light into a 4th brake light, I just wish it had an option of a few flashes before going solid red.
A bunch of high end cars are starting to do that with brake lights, flash fast a few times then solid red.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
main thing is that if the car gets totaled out insurance will give so little money, not even enough to replace the car.
I'm sorry but bullsh*t! Only if you let them get away with it.
Lawyer up if you have to. You did nothing wrong and deserve to be made whole.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I'm sorry but bullsh*t! Only if you let them get away with it.
Lawyer up if you have to. You did nothing wrong and deserve to be made whole.
Yep ^^^^

Chhris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang
I want to get that 4th brake light mod that turns the back up light into a 4th brake light, I just wish it had an option of a few flashes before going solid red.
A bunch of high end cars are starting to do that with brake lights, flash fast a few times then solid red.
I did the 4th brake light mod and i got a flash module from amazon, hook it up and it flashes quick 3 times then goes solid red, besides the dashcam is the best safety mod you can do.
Sponsored