Mustang production paused again

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
That's a bummer, man! Sorry to hear that.
No worries, I don't mean to seem like a negative Nancy, just eager to get back on the road! :)

I got the email pushing it back to week of the 23rd last night, very unfortunate but at this point all I can do is stop checking it so often since it won't make it get here quicker.

Nice to see you have an '01 btw, I've had two 99-04 GTs (and a '98 V6 as well which was my first ever car). They are my favorite looking/sounding Mustangs.
Sponsored

turbosc297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Ordered on 2/10/22, got a build date for may 6th. Window sticker published 4/28. Fingers crossed it wont be delayed. So weird how random this all seems.
Car is a base 301a, 10r80, 3.55, rapid red/ceramic from Granger Ford.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Car sales will be slowing rapidly especially on higher end cars regardless and people are and will be backing out of orders, interest rates gas other expenses and investment portfolio shrinkage and uncertainty, Looks ok cars.com mach 1 raptors trx cars incoming unsold or on the ground. Lots of dealers out there with 2021 Mach ones Who tried to hit a home run and sell the car over retail still trying to sell it for retail and Iā€™m going to end up eventually selling it at a loss because they canā€™t come to the realization that things are gonna change very quickly. Handling package mach 1 not so much. Dealer near me has 4 raptors incoming unsold trying to sell for stupid money No action on the cars. If you wanna get a guy with money from California Miami or New York to to buy a raptor that you have in inventory in Wisconsin you canā€™t sell it to him for over sticker if thatā€™s the case heā€™ll just buy one locally you have to steal that sale from that region by selling him the car at sticker.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Ordered on 2/10/22, got a build date for may 6th. Window sticker published 4/28. Fingers crossed it wont be delayed. So weird how random this all seems.
Car is a base 301a, 10r80, 3.55, rapid red/ceramic from Granger Ford.
We ordered same day. I got a build date of May 2nd with a WS published April 26th. As the plant is idle all this coming week we will get pushed back, but how far is the question. I will check with Granger Monday and see what the status shows on their end.

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can we instead put a pause on putting chips in stupid shit like dishwashers and laundry machines so we can have our cars?
Except it was the auto industry that TOLD chip companies that they didnt need the chips when Covid hit. Automakers were nervous that they would be stuck with milkions of $ in inventory when people were out of work. They didnt factor in the fact that the government was gonna hand out wads of cash. Those chip makers had to find other avenues for the chips. The automakers are more to blame than anyone else.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Are other industries suffering the same shortages? If not, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if these shortages end when EV production ramps up, well, I'll eat my tin foil hat.

sirernestshackleton

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Focust ST
Are other industries suffering the same shortages? If not, and I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if these shortages end when EV production ramps up, well, I'll eat my tin foil hat.
Yes. The supply chain disruptions are hitting everything, and the semi conductor shortages are impacting everything that uses them.

Appliances, consumer electronics, other types of vehicles, aircraft, etc. For example, it is earnings season and CEOs are reporting profits in the first quarter of 2022. You can search for whatever company and see what they have to say.

Here's Ford's:

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2022/04/27/ford-f-q1-2022-earnings-call-transcript/

He pretty clearly lays out the supply impacts with a giant production backlog. With the shortages they are prioritizing EVs. The ongoing lockdowns in China are having a big impact.

But it's clear EVs are the future and becoming more of a priority than niche ICE sports cars.

Last edited:

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
I got an email from there Ford mothership tonight informing me that my car has been pushed out another week. It has gone from 2-May to 9-May to 16ā€“May to where we are at now of 23-May.
Not hopeful theyā€™ll make that date. Iā€™m beginning to worry a little bit that Ford will start canceling orders. I do have a ViN, so Iā€™m a little bit hopeful.
I am in exact same boat. Same build dates and curious if they will start cancelling orders. Won't be able to find one in my spec on any lot I bet LOL

thedervidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2001 GT (totaled 5/4/22), 22 GT
If it came down to it, I could see them cancelling orders that do not have a VIN yet.

If you have a VIN, I think the car will be built. I have no data to back that up, other than heresay I've read from others experiences with Ford orders.

Sponsored

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I ordered 5/5/21.
Had a latest build date of 4/28/22ā€¦..
So the wait continues I guess. Seems weā€™re crossing that 1 year mark after all šŸ˜”

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
We ordered same day. I got a build date of May 2nd with a WS published April 26th. As the plant is idle all this coming week we will get pushed back, but how far is the question. I will check with Granger Monday and see what the status shows on their end.
Handling package cars built last some later handling package car orders might get canceled

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Handling package cars built last some later handling package car orders might get canceled
Neither one of us has a Mach 1 or GT500
Sponsored