Sponsored

Mustang Paris Motor Show Debut

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I assume the taillights increase intensity when you brake.....I'd like to see how it works. :confused:
well
it will look the same way we are used to for decades with car having the 12volt 21/5watt lightbulbs installed (5 watt, as Long as the lights are switched on, 21 watt as soon as you hit the Brakes (take a look at the fiat 500)

what is much more interesting:
how have they (:ford:) solved the amber blinking Thing using a red tri bar config in clear lenses now? i assume the outer of the 3 bars will stop glowing in red and blink in yellow/amber, as soon as you use your blinkers

cannot wait to see pfcz's vid next week
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd hope we do get the tri-bar LED gill DRLs. We'll need some form of DRL and these are built in.

BTW, someone mentioned the requirement for self-leveling headlamps and headlamp washers. I'm lead to believe that these are only required in the EU for HID headlamps that are over a certain level of brightness (lumens). Obviously I have no idea how bright the Mustangs lamps are, but it might be why we've not seen evidence of any washers to date :)

BTW, I have just contacted Ford UK's Facebook page and asked why are we getting the clear tails. Is it legislation forcing it? As I suspected, they haven't got a clue. But at least I got a reply to my message.
our brand new 2014 Ford ranger limited (the european model) came with Standard headlights (no HID Option) and has a Manual leveling device (Switch on the Dashboard; the Driver has to adjust the Level according to loading Levels)
and the ranger does not have any head light washing device

the only positive Thing about this config: if such a Standard bulb dies, it is cheap to replace, whereas HID replacement is pretty expensive

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
in this vid you can clearly see the front parking-light/blinker config of the euro spec car
a small inneer sqare for the parking light and a huge outer field for the blinker
take a look at the vid at 1.11 and 1.43

even on the opening pic of the vid (before you start the vid) you can clearly see the difference in comparison to the us spec car

so i suppose
what we see in the vid is the car with parking lights on (i.e. the Little square in the front and those rear lights) (manually switched on)
if you would Switch it of and then start the engine and release the Hand brake / parking brake, those drl (front tri bars on each side of the shark nose and rear red tri bars in those clear lenses) would come on

[ame]

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
another Topic
if this is the final euro spec car
no Spoiler on the rear?

Sponsored

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
so i suppose
what we see in the vid is the car with parking lights on (i.e. the Little square in the front and those rear lights) (manually switched on)
if you would Switch it of and then start the engine and release the Hand brake / parking brake, those drl (front tri bars on each side of the shark nose and rear red tri bars in those clear lenses) would come on

I've never heard of this before, on my Audi the drl lights come on with the ignition. Don't even need the engine on.

If you are right that would be really annoying imo as no other cars u have seen do this

But you know ford logic.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
please accept my apologies for my poor english
please give me a 2nd try

1: what we see in the vid of the paris Motor Show is probably cars with the parking lights on (Little White square in the front and red tri bars in clear lenses in the rear)

2: in real life the following might happen
as you Switch on the ignition or start the engine the drl will come on (Little tri bars next to the shark nose in the front and those red tri bars in clear lenses in the rear), but this could depend on the appliance of the parking brake (this is, what my chrysler 300 does; even the slightest appliance (as soon as the parking brake applied warning light in the dash board Comes on, the drl is off). only idea to explain this: daytime RUNNING lights, not DParkingL...

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
we don't get the spoiler because of the Performance Package for Euro spec.
interesting
i thought those Spoilers where there for aerodynamic reasons (more downforce at high Speeds (i mean North of 125mph), so you really would Need them on german autobahns...

if you are right, this item would be "more Show than Go"

OHV_44

!5 = 44
Threads
Reaction score
so you really would Need them on german autobahns...
:thumbsup:

It will certainly not identical packages and equipment come to Europe.
And maybe the spoiler in the PP (for EU) is retained!?

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I didn't know that. To me, it actually makes perfect sense. Here in the UK, far too many people rely purely on their front DRLs and never seem to turn their lights on. I can only think they assume their rear lights come on with the DRLs on the front. It's scary how many cars I see at dusk or dawn with only front DRLs :(

I hope they make rear DRLs mandatory here too (Volvo had it right all those years ago)
I love the rear DRL (called the rear fog light here in the States) on my V50. With it I can: 1) warn people behind me of a cop ahead, 2) reduce the possibility of not being seen in inclement weather, and 3) taunt the motherfuckers I just beat in a VOLVO.

Interestingly enough, all three of my vehicles have a light separate from the normal rear lights I can turn on by command. The Volvo has a rear fog light in the LH tail light, and the trucks both have rear cargo lights.

Sponsored

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
I love the rear DRL (called the rear fog light here in the States) on my V50. With it I can: 1) warn people behind me of a cop ahead, 2) reduce the possibility of not being seen in inclement weather, and 3) taunt the motherfuckers I just beat in a VOLVO.

Interestingly enough, all three of my vehicles have a light separate from the normal rear lights I can turn on by command. The Volvo has a rear fog light in the LH tail light, and the trucks both have rear cargo lights.

This is a similar story in UK ( not sure about Europe) but every car by law has to have a rear fog light, I think at is why the eurostang has the lower fog light in the reversing light.

These are normally a lot brighter than just the 'side lights' and even brighter than the rear brake lights

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
This is a similar story in UK ( not sure about Europe) but every car by law has to have a rear fog light, I think at is why the eurostang has the lower fog light in the reversing light.

These are normally a lot brighter than just the 'side lights' and even brighter than the rear brake lights

It is by no means the law here. U.S. law is still trying to catch up to 90's technology in my eyes.

I think Volvo was just too lazy to take it out for our market. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, ya?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Back from Paris with some info and updates!

How Paris welcomes the Mustang !
shop1.jpg
welcome.jpg
Sponsored