Mustang market

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Hey guys first time on this forum. I don’t know if this is the place for the topic but I’m in the market for a mustang gt. I originally wanted a 16-17 but the prices right now are pretty bad. For around 3k more I can get a brand new 2021 gt. Do you think the prices will come back to normal? Or should I just get a brand new one.
Sponsored

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Hey guys first time on this forum. I don’t know if this is the place for the topic but I’m in the market for a mustang gt. I originally wanted a 16-17 but the prices right now are pretty bad. For around 3k more I can get a brand new 2021 gt. Do you think the prices will come back to normal? Or should I just get a brand new one.
Hi Xx, in my recent 1st hand experience looking at cars since end of Feb 21, things look to have leveled off a little but are still not good. That being said, a lot of banks are not willing to loan out the inflated price tags for the older cars as they know the cars are over inflated and do not want to lose out on loans when the cars are not worth it in the end. Thanks Banks know.
That all said, I lucked out with a brandy new one on the showroom floor locally for the same price I was gunna lay out for the overly inflated 15. With warranty and piece of mine no one beat the hell out of it before me :)

Good luck on your search!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
most of us are in your boat, so we ordered a new one. There are two dealers here that apparently can t be beat BUT you will have to order and wait.
Used Mustangs WAY WAY over priced, don t do it!
I ordered from Chapman , Pa.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Yeah I’ll probably buy new unless something happens to the used market. But that dealer is a little over 5 hours from me I’m near Virginia Beach.

Sponsored

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I'd get a new one with the way the market is. and probably will be for a while if you can afford it. Life's to short to wait on things that may take years to sort themselves out.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it's working out for you, don't get it ?

wanted a 16-17 ??
*** 3k more I can get a brand new 2021 gt
4 years newer, new car, warranty.............. ??

scratch head ?

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Yeah I’ll probably buy new unless something happens to the used market. But that dealer is a little over 5 hours from me I’m near Virginia Beach.

so what, I m 5 1/2 hours north. You can order car by phone or e mail, super easy.

OP
OP
XakwardX

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
I originally wanted a 16 or 17 until I saw the
market and that’s to far for me to
Drive to pick up a car.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I originally wanted a 16 or 17 until I saw the
market and that’s to far for me to
Drive to pick up a car.
Sometimes you can find good deals on this forum. Just gotta keep looking. But 16's and 17's are too much right now between 32-42k. Maryland has good deals too, you should search online.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I would never buy a used car in today’s market. The new car at list price is the much more attractive option.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
I chose to order a new one after trying to find a 2018-2020 with the options I wanted. The few that were close to what I wanted, like you said were going for new car prices with 20-40k miles. With x plan through work, literally cheaper to buy new by a few thousand and it has the options I want.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Truly unusual times. In Minnesota, there is not much to choose from on new car dealer or used car dealer lots. it is just not Mustangs that are short in supply. I just wonder what has happened to the cars people were driving. Did they end up in the junkyard and now people are buying whatever they can find. Apparently there is more demand than supply. Has the chip shortage really caused such a shortage of cars and pickups or are there more buyers than inventory out there ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If it's an integral part, and it is............ then it's a yes

"Has the chip shortage really caused such a shortage of cars and pickups or are there more buyers than inventory out there ?

On hand washes the other don't you think ?

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum!
Just wanted to share my recent car buying experience. I bought a Mustang Shelby GT350 in May. The dealership was in Texas, and I am in Idaho. We did the deal largely via email/text and a couple of phone calls. Had the car shipped (in an enclosed transport) 1600 miles to my house. It look a little longer than buying from a local dealership, but it wasn't a terrible experience in my book. I'd probably consider buying out of state again if I found a car I really wanted.

Good luck in your search! :like:
Sponsored