Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Now I've been as critical of Musk as anyone but today he showed Ford how pathetic their "me too" dog of a pony show was with his Tesla Truck unveiling. Did he roll out something that looks like an electric F150 and call it a "Model E150" or something to trade off his passenger car success? No. It looks like something from outerspace and he calls it a Cybertruck. And then he shows it dragging around Ford's leader in towing capacity like a truculent toddler that doesn't want to leave the toy aisle. And, oh by the way, it's fastest model is faster than new so-called "Mustang Mach E GT".
That tug of war video was gold.
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Not 100% sure if someone mentioned but Jim Farley is behind the name of why it’s called a Mustang Mach E.

I've been reading up on social media posts today and the amount of people refusing to accept the Mach 1 as a Mustang is seriously high. Over 95% I would estimate. Also it looks like Ford Marketing is trying to do damage control today with a series of new people stepping forward and posting in favor, like the MCA president and even Vaugh Gittin Jr. They all get burned to the ground immediately though. It is becoming painfully clear that Ford has shot in its own foot.
Those individuals and more are paid directly or indirectly by Ford. Can’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of surprised that over 30% of mustang owners are this turned off. That’s a pretty large loss of your base of customers for Ford. My only issue is that a iconic American brand is being made in Mexico. Other than that I’m indifferent.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So get the f@#$ over it! Lamborghini has an SUV. Is it any less Lamborghini? Bentley has an SUV is it any less a Bentley? Maserati has an SUV. Is it any less a Maserati? Aston Martin has an SUV. Is it any less an Aston Martin? Jaguar has 3 SUV’s.
Obviously you're not recognizing the difference. Did Lamborghini raid the Countach name? Maserati the Quattroporte? See where this is going?

It has sports cars and a new line of SUV’s. Change your perspective. Look at it differently and maybe you will see that this is a good thing. I’m excited I can have my Gt Convert and an SUV version for my family ride. Sit back, have a cocktail, relax and maybe you’ll see that this is a good thing. Another choice for you without leaving the family. We all love our Mustangs. Just keep an open mind and give it some time.
If an electric SUV is what you want, fine. I'm good with that. But would you refuse to buy it or buy a competitor's vehicle out of spite if the plans for this one didn't include the Mustang name?

I will give Mr. Farley this . . . he did stir up a batch of kool-aid. For those shortsighted enough to drink it.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I posted a similar message over on the Mach-e forum.

There have been a few new vids released discussing the development of this vehicle.

I think some people are giving this vehicle too much credit in terms of it’s purpose. And in some cases the logic is being reversed.

Ford stated this started as a compliance vehicle. A CUV with the intent to increase electric sales. But the new CEO saw it and knew it would fail. (And it probably would have after seeing the initial design.)

so they were told to scrap it and give it mustang-inspired styling.

then they said to themselves, why not give it the mustang name?

this wasn’t built from the get-go to expand the mustang brand. Nor was the intent to replace the coupe. It was a project on the verge of failure and needed the help of the mustang name to give it a shot to succeed.

this vehicle isn’t going to help the mustang. The mustang is helping this vehicle.

So while there are people who are drinking the cool aid and telling mustang fans to “get over it because this is the future of mustang”, I think they don’t realize that the Mach-e is almost entirely banking on the mustang name to succeed and most of this talk about “mustang brand” is corporate-spin that was an after thought.

ford needs this to succeed for the future of ford - not the future of mustang. They are banking on the mustang name which we all helped to support and give it the weight that it currently holds.

ps I like it for what it is - a stylish electric cuv. I think ford would’ve been fine without using the mustang name, tho
Thank you for this insightful post. If it’s OK with you I’m going continue to believe that the life of our Mustang is tied to the Mach-E. It makes me feel better :frown:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's actually a very short sighted attempt to make a splash in a segment that their CEO has become obsessed with. The "Mustang" has never been a car for everyone and thinking that you're going to turn it into an entire line of vehicles serving a broad market is basically saying that the brand is meaningless.
Your right. It was just my coping mechanism kicking in. Guess I’m just more pissed than I thought.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Also, to expand for everyone. Who has not been in the fabrication and manufacturing world of technology and software. This vehicle is a developing project. It's a bounce off to see if they can handle the capacity to retool and reintroduce the new technology and resources that will need to be supplied. If this can logistically succeed. We can see this full developed into the next generation of the Coupe hatchback.
Technology and software won't ever be able to make the Mach E platform at 5000+ lbs on its 117" wheelbase work very well at 3700 lbs on 107". Something would have to give.

Norm

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
yikes that truck is downright ghastly.
> DUE TODAY $100
I guess the truck announcement isn't a desperate bid to raise capital. That's a first.
You do realize that order reservations used to cost $2500 right? That was a bid to raise capital... $100 is nothing.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t do the FB crap - is there any way someone post the feedback that is being posted on the Ford stream regarding the ME?

Sponsored

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I don’t do the FB crap - is there any way someone post the feedback that is being posted on the Ford stream regarding the ME?
I don't know, but it is brutal. I honestly think it's going "better" for Ford in this thread than on FB. LOL.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
After 88 pages, for me it just boils down to the name. Just don't call it a Mustang. Would I buy one? Not likely. While most of my Mustang driving is weekend cruises, I have taken a few major road trips. 3700 miles in 6 days would be unpleasant in any electric car. Next spring, I hope to cruise the Florida coasts and visit the Keys. That's 1200 miles one way from Lafayette. My daily is a company provided F150 that I occasionally tow a hydraulic drop down trailer with. Would an electric car fit someone else's life style? Probably. Just don't call it a Mustang.

8c5a54a4646c9f82c4b0798109cae13b--mustang-quotes-mustang-humor.jpg

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
oh my , just watched a video where ford takes the sound of a 330 hp car and record it and they pump the sound through the Mach-E sound system so you think you are driving a regular car. IM really trying to find something good to like about this car but now I found out they are gonna pump fake engine noise to the inside... sighhhhh. so i guess instead of everyone buying and modding exhausts now at shows everyone will be "oh do you have that new steeda exhaust mp3?" mod sites for performance will be exhaust mp3s and electric motors and "performance" batteries.... im just so sad. The youtube and american muscle tutorial videos will be how to install the new borla mp3 file...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
:sun:

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
oh my , just watched a video where ford takes the sound of a 330 hp car and record it and they pump the sound through the Mach-E sound system so you think you are driving a regular car. IM really trying to find something good to like about this car but now I found out they are gonna pump fake engine noise to the inside... sighhhhh. so i guess instead of everyone buying and modding exhausts now at shows everyone will be "oh do you have that new steeda exhaust mp3?" mod sites for performance will be exhaust mp3s and electric motors and "performance" batteries.... im just so sad. The youtube and american muscle tutorial videos will be how to install the new borla mp3 file...
Imagine the shelby model sounding like a gt350R
Sponsored