Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
An EV faster than a Jaguar I Pace and hopefully cheaper is in the spirit of the original Mustang. A people's car.
"A people's car"? I think you have the Mustang confused with something else.

g%2Fdynamic%2F78%2F590x%2Fsecondary%2FThe-book-reveals-a-coldness-in-Porsche-s-character-1101043.jpg

The Mustang is a pony car. A pony car is not "a people's car" And it's certainly not an SUV.
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I just posted on Mustang Owners Museum and California Special Worldwide Mustang Club. Figured it couldn’t hurt.

296 signatures as of 10:09 PM EST.
I posted on the MCA forum. I haven't seen anything official from them but I imagine they're reeling from it. Ford really strung them along on the Mach1/Mach E debacle.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
what I'm more interested is will this SUV be able to tow a mustang on a ramp as this will be great service car if it can. I can drive with this to the track on only electric power and then enjoy my V8 :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think it looks good, especially the front lighting.

Although the event was a bit cheesy but I guess that's the American way!

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Is it me or am I the only one that came to a realization that this IS the new mustang. V8 muscle car/pony car is done?
No, pretty obvious once they stole the name. Ford wants out of cars so bad, they had to go 170% to
kill their last one. The only way to fully do it was piss off the diehards, hoping the real stang won't sell anymore.
Then Ford can say see, we can't keep a car that isn't selling.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I just want to rip that stupid iPad out of the car and beat the designer with it. Tacky...soooo tacky. This is like a super hot GF you left to deploy and while you were taking care of business, she gained 300lbs. Things change, sometimes it sucks. Glad I got my 19 before she got all fat and gross.

And because internet, feel free to swap fat with skinny if big girls are your thing or any genders be them actual or made up for attention. Basically something is liked and then not liked due to nothing you've done. It sucks.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Probably gonna talk about that at the LA Show which officially starts tomorrow.
Press days are 18th - 21st Nov
Public days are 22nd Nov - 1st Dec

https://laautoshow.com/

So, I'm really hoping we get some Mach 1 news on the 18th (this Friday). That gives Mach E a working week in the spotlight and gives Mustang enthusiasts (like me) time to get their blood pressure down lol.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Considering probably 9 out of 10 mustang mustang owners are not a fan and probably 6 out of 10 mustang owners actually despise it, I’d say it’s destined to fail. Which dear god I hope it does
But the Mach E isn't aimed at the hard core Mustang enthusiast it's aimed at those people who want a sporty electric suv/cuv. Tesla's styling is kind of bland I think the Mach E is a good looking ev suv/cuv.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think this is a sad day for Ford and Mustang.
The executives and marketing department involved in this should be fired.
To mess with the Heritage and the legacy of the Mustang is disgraceful.

Every car person new what a Mustang was, even people who were a fan
of a different model, understood its place in history.

Now its just part of the ford line up, SUV, mustang 4 doors
trucks, etc. It was a road that should have never been gone down.

Shameful of them to stand up and call this a mustang.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Probably gonna talk about that at the LA Show which officially starts tomorrow.
Actually it officially starts on Thursday or Friday. Got my dates mixed up. I haven’t seen the press conference schedule yet, but if Ford has a press conference scheduled, I’d expect it to be “the vehicle that I shall not name before embargo lifts”.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
The Mach E looks nothing like a Mustang. It shouldn't have been called a Mustang. It wasn't the lack of imagination of Ford's Execs to come up with a new name, it was actually a marketing strategy to draw more attention to the vehicle.
There are a lot of Co's coming out with electric vehicles and none of them have come out with a same named model that looks nothing like the original.
Ford can and will do whatever they want, but it is kind of a slap in the face to Mustang fans. I'm not a mustang fanatic. I just came over from the Corvette side, but this just seems wrong. You think we'll ever see a Corvette SUV? They could've made an electric Mustang, but left it a Mustang.
Just my opinion.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Actually it officially starts on Thursday or Friday. Got my dates mixed up. I haven’t seen the press conference schedule yet, but if Ford has a press conference scheduled, I’d expect it to be “the vehicle that I shall not name before embargo lifts”.
Haha....thanks Jim. I'm keeping 'em crossed that I/we get to hear some positive news! :)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Press days are 18th - 21st Nov
Public days are 22nd Nov - 1st Dec

https://laautoshow.com/

So, I'm really hoping we get some Mach 1 news on the 18th (this Friday). That gives Mach E a working week in the spotlight and gives Mustang enthusiasts (like me) time to get their blood pressure down lol.
OK, finally saw the press conference schedule and the only thing FoMoCo has scheduled is a Lincoln press conference, so the thing that I “saw” will not be discussed at LA. Bummer. I’ll have to ask my source if I can say anything about it (and how much) now that Mach E has been revealed. Even though it is a different vehicle than Mach E, the information on it came out during a Mach E press preview.