Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
IT’S OFFICIAL: MUSTANG MACH-E IS THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE MUSTANG FAMILY; RESERVE ONLINE STARTING SUNDAY, NOV. 17

1573729589956.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 14, 2019 – Ford’s all-new, all-electric SUV will don the iconic pony badge and the name Mustang Mach-E when reservations for the vehicle open after it is revealed this Sunday.

Read the press release and join the discussions at our Ford Mach E Forum.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
See announcement @ https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-17-limited-first-edition-to-be-announced.43/

Sigh, I know the world needs to progress and that as we age the younger generations want to move forward. I just read a new article that said the new Mach-E was definitely gonna be a Mustang and was gonna have the pony on front. :(. Yeah progress but boo signaling the end of what I know as mustangs and muscle cars. I know cars will progress and I know technology will ultimately win out, but, damn it's sad to see the things you love start to slowly fade. I know we still have years to go but ultimately this Mach-E is where cars are going. Won't be that long, until cars are automated and simply there as a tool for travel and no longer a thing that get modded and made for HP. The cars will be connected to devices with live net connections. they will be totally controlled by traffic systems. Will be like in the movie Minority Report and we will also be like the Other movie demolition man were they find the old gas muscle car and go "remember these"
In America anyway , manual sales are less than 3 percent of all car sales. If that is not sad enough anywhere I go I am usually in a sea of suvs. Cars in general are going away. Then electric cars (not hybrids) are coming on and they don't even have transmissions. no manuals , no cars, no transmissions... I just feel the New Mach-E is a signal of the end. Maybe not right now but the Cars we love, the Mustang we love, as we know it, is going to start to fade. As my grandfather would say."I remember when..."

As for electric cars, and the push for them. I don't get it. They may be "better for the environment" as far as exhaust emissions but that is about it. The average electric car buyer is clueless to how that car get there or the environmental rape of the land that happens to get those battery elements. Battery production is a ugly process with many many many toxic chemical wastes produced and where do they think that electricity comes from to charge the car? It comes from increased power plant production that guess what... makes more Co2 than the gas car exhaust. They drill for oil a hole in the ground about 1 foot across. the mines for the elements for batteries rape hundreds of miles of land per mine. plus the hundreds of diesel trucks and loaders required for that mine that are not required for oil. I mean I could go on.

Electric is fine but stop fooling yourself that it is better for the environment. if anything it is way worse. The younger generation wants to tell us we are out of touch. But, you wait I wish I could be around when this generation gets older and then their kids are rude to them because they poisoned the planet with batteries.

Anyway sorry grandfather moment LOL But yeah Not really excited about the new Mach -E and IM really not excited they re gonna pony it and call it a Mustang. But guess we wont know for sure till sunday at the official unveiling.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have no problem with the Mach-E and its styling.

But the horse and the name should NOT have been a part of it.

Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
The issue is the current generation of sports cars across the board of manufacturers have gotten so expensive due to many factors that’s its priced out the younger generation. That as well as modding isn’t cheap either. This didn’t just occurred but was slowly building towards it. I agree technology has progressed and will continue to do so to make driving effortless. But i don’t think sports cars nor muscle cars going away at least in our generation.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have less interest in this than I do an 80's non-turbo 2.3.

I'm MASSIVELY more interested in the Lithium demo. Honestly the Lithium is the first electric cars that has appealed to me.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I logged in from my phone just to get a spot up top to say how disgusting this is.

I can't believe they did it.
Wasn't it enough to copy all the mustang features? Was it not enough to use the Mach name? The outrage over just that should have been a clue.

Total BS.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nameplate / Brand dilution at its finest. Well done furniture salesman guy!

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I puked when I read this. Do we all realize our cars and it’s heritage DIED today ? This is unbelievable how a company can just one day up and make a decision like this and think it’s perfectly fine. I will NEVER own a new mustang or Ford in my lifetime again. And I’ve bought more than a few. It’s been a few hours and I still can’t fathom that they are going through with this.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have less interest in this than I do an 80's non-turbo 2.3.

I'm MASSIVELY more interested in the Lithium demo. Honestly the Lithium is the first electric cars that has appealed to me.
At least that '80s non-turbo 2.3 car isn't a poser and can be swapped/made into something pretty cool....

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The issue is the current generation of sports cars across the board of manufacturers have gotten so expensive due to many factors that’s its priced out the younger generation. That as well as modding isn’t cheap either. This didn’t just occurred but was slowly building towards it. I agree technology has progressed and will continue to do so to make driving effortless. But i don’t think sports cars nor muscle cars going away at least in our generation.
No I don't think they are gonna go away either totally at least not yet. But what will happen is only super rich will be able to afford them. Sports cars will become a 1% car. I mean I bought a 98 cobra new for 26k Now a top tier Mustang is gonna be almost 100k . That out of the wheel house for a good 80% of america and most likely a monthly payment struggling purchase for the rest unless you make 300k a year. Won't be long until the rest of us poor slobs can only drive electric civics that cost 40k. Cars are simply way too expensive.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I think ill just hold out for the Mustang E150 Raptor FX4....

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Sigh, I know the world needs to progress and that as we age the younger generations want to move forward. I just read a new article that said the new Mach-E was definitely gonna be a Mustang and was gonna have the pony on front. :(. Yeah progress but boo signaling the end of what I know as mustangs and muscle cars. I know cars will progress and I know technology will ultimately win out, but, damn it's sad to see the things you love start to slowly fade. I know we still have years to go but ultimately this Mach-E is where cars are going. Won't be that long, until cars are automated and simply there as a tool for travel and no longer a thing that get modded and made for HP. The cars will be connected to devices with live net connections. they will be totally controlled by traffic systems. Will be like in the movie Minority Report and we will also be like the Other movie demolition man were they find the old gas muscle car and go "remember these"
In America anyway , manual sales are less than 3 percent of all car sales. If that is not sad enough anywhere I go I am usually in a sea of suvs. Cars in general are going away. Then electric cars (not hybrids) are coming on and they don't even have transmissions. no manuals , no cars, no transmissions... I just feel the New Mach-E is a signal of the end. Maybe not right now but the Cars we love, the Mustang we love, as we know it, is going to start to fade. As my grandfather would say."I remember when..."

As for electric cars, and the push for them. I don't get it. They may be "better for the environment" as far as exhaust emissions but that is about it. The average electric car buyer is clueless to how that car get there or the environmental rape of the land that happens to get those battery elements. Battery production is a ugly process with many many many toxic chemical wastes produced and where do they think that electricity comes from to charge the car? It comes from increased power plant production that guess what... makes more Co2 than the gas car exhaust. They drill for oil a hole in the ground about 1 foot across. the mines for the elements for batteries rape hundreds of miles of land per mine. plus the hundreds of diesel trucks and loaders required for that mine that are not required for oil. I mean I could go on.

Electric is fine but stop fooling yourself that it is better for the environment. if anything it is way worse. The younger generation wants to tell us we are out of touch. But, you wait I wish I could be around when this generation gets older and then their kids are rude to them because they poisoned the planet with batteries.

Anyway sorry grandfather moment LOL But yeah Not really excited about the new Mach -E and IM really not excited they re gonna pony it and call it a Mustang. But guess we wont know for sure till sunday at the official unveiling.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying about being better for the environment but that position is not so relevant anymore. Most data will tell you that ICE and Electric are comparable right now, but as investments in battery recycling and manufacturing techniques improve Electric will produce less of an environmental impact. There are way to many factors about it. Where items are made, what their process is, is the electricity for manufacturing being used on a coal powered grid. Either way, I think it is hard to argue that Electric will always be better in the long run. That's just how manufacturing works. Look at ICE cars from the 50's vs now.

Either way, not excited that the Mach-E has a Mustang badge but I also can't blame Ford. They have a recognizable name in the Mustang brand. Nobody would turn a head if it was called the Mach Fusion or some garbage like that. At the end of the day it's all a marketing game, and the Mustang gets more attention than anything else. Sad for us, but from a guy in an office making millions makes total sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: