Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
it's probably copyrighted. You can record it off your local broadcast and nobody will care. If Ford distributed an unsanctioned and unlicensed sound file, lawyers will show up.
Uh....
Sponsored

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the premise was it's bullet proof (body) and shatter proof (glass). If it was supposed to be a "just kidding!" they sure didn't sell it very well.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am fickle with regard to Brands. Best product within my chosen parameters gets my support. I don't care much about differences between corporations, and even less about differences between model designations within the corps.

Looking at the number of pages in this thread, and the intensity of the few posts I've read, I'm in awe of whatever force it is that was unleashed through introduction by some feckless committee of a somewhat sacrilegious trial balloon. I'll bet a similar conflict between In-N-Musk and Ford-In-the-Box devotees wouldn't be nearly as consumptive of poise and bandwidth.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I am fickle with regard to Brands. Best product within my chosen parameters gets my support. I don't care much about differences between corporations, and even less about differences between model designations within the corps.
What are your chosen parameters that would cause you to select a Mach E over the Tesla Model Y? Longer to me like the Y Performance has better performance and a longer range for less money.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
on the bright side at least we got the Mach-E poor tesla people now have the cybertruck... as much as I am not a fan of the Mach-E I thank god its not a cybertruck lol

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If it would have just been named the "Mach E" it could have made a great advertising campaign: "Ford Innovation ... From the Model T to the Mach E".

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
If it would have just been named the "Mach E" it could have made a great advertising campaign ... "Ford Invitation ... From the Model T to the Mach E".
Right on.
But Ford had to have a big FAIL!
I was hoping for the Mach E to be a hit.......until they called a Mustang.

FORD HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE??????
At least they don’t throw objects at the windows haha

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Which explains this:
de735af90f6ccd82e335e93391093349.gif

Physician, heal thyself.
I’m sure they practiced that 100 times (sarcasm) before the actual event and it didn’t fail. If it was a major selling point of the vehicle and they were charging extra for it then I would say that didn’t go well... They are not charging more for it though... And did you see the size of that ball bearing? It would have gone straight through a normal glass window... But yes it shattered which I don’t think it was supposed to. This is also a prototype that is 2 years out from production so they have some time to correct.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Including that ugly ass body style. :puke:
Yea... I commend them for being different. But it might be just a bit too different...
Sponsored