Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Anyone seen this video yet?

Seem pretty confident of the Mach 1 (the true mach 1) is returning in 2021 to replace the bullitt.

Really? LMAO - if the come back of the real Mach 1 is true - then I called it, see post 133 @ 9:18am yesterday.... hahahahaha.... now only if I could pick winning lottery tickets...

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ve-streamed-reveal.131559/page-9#post-2715335

still doesn’t absolve Ford of creating a new minivan and plastering the Mustang logo on it...
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
In one fell swoop from an idiotic CEO, a heritage is destroyed. A Probe level disaster comes to fruition. There is a great editorial on yahoo about it. I had to sell my GT a year ago due to a job issue and relocation. I plan to buy another one in a year, but this really puts a damper on it. I do want to have one last true GT before electrification takes hold and further damage is done to the nameplate.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
By Ford calling this new CUV a "Mustang" they are only diluting the Mustang brand.

It is a very short sighted Marketing ploy that will only hurt the purity of the Mustang brand.
I honestly can't believe the Ford executives are this short sighted.
For 56 years the Mustang has been a two door coupe with a long hood and short deck. If Ford would of called a new all Electric Mustang the "Mustang Mach-E" that would of been cool! But calling a CUV a Mustang is the WRONG decision.
Electric CUV...AWESOME. Just don't dilute the image of the Mustang brand with a CUV. Call it anything else.

Maybe you can call the next Electric Full size SUV the F-150 or Focus??? :/
Or the new micro car for Europe the Ford GT?

Makes as much sense as GM calling their next electric CUV a Camaro or Corvette? Or maybe just call it the Silvarado? Haha makes zero sense.

Why Ford?!?? I'm so disappointed in this decision. Will make me seriously think twice about buying another Mustang. If Ford doesn't respect the Mustang Heritage, Image & Brand...why should I? Seriously dumb founded over this decision by Ford.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By Ford calling this new CUV a "Mustang" they are only diluting the Mustang brand.

It is a very short sighted Marketing ploy that will only hurt the purity of the Mustang brand.
I honestly can't believe the Ford executives are this short sighted.
For 56 years the Mustang has been a two door coupe with a long hood and short deck. If Ford would of called a new all Electric Mustang the "Mustang Mach-E" that would of been cool! But calling a CUV a Mustang is the WRONG decision.
Electric CUV...AWESOME. Just don't dilute the image of the Mustang brand with a CUV. Call it anything else.

Maybe you can call the next Electric Full size SUV an F-150??? :/
Or the new micro car for Europe the Ford GT?

Makes as much sense as GM calling there next electric CUV a Camaro or Corvette or Silvarado?

Why Ford? I'm so disappointed in this decision. Will make me think twice about buying another Mustang. If Ford doesn't respect the Mustang image & brand...why should I?

Exactly... and the dilution of the heritage Mustang has started...

This is directly from “Eletrek” site narrative:
At this point, it’s clear to me that the Ford Mustang Mach-E will do great in terms of sales based on the specs and price.
linky:

https://electrek.co/2019/11/15/tesla-model-y-vs-ford-mustang-mach-e-specs-comparison/

There you have it - the ill informed are already calling the Mach-E a Mustang... and that’s not the only site referencing to it as such.

So your beloved Heritage Mustang is now lumped in with a battery powered minivan.

I’d like to see the faces of true Mustang Enthusiasts world wide when they take their Heritage Mustang to a car show and it’s beaten out by a Ford Minivan with a Mustang logo stuck to it - because you know that is going to happen.

Will the Mustang Museum also have one of these things displayed as a Mustang??

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dilution of the heritage Mustang has started...

This is directly from “Eletrek” site narrative:
At this point, it’s clear to me that the Ford Mustang Mach-E will do great in terms of sales based on the specs and price.
linky:

https://electrek.co/2019/11/15/tesla-model-y-vs-ford-mustang-mach-e-specs-comparison/

There you have it - the ill informed are already calling the Mach-E a Mustang... and that’s not the only site referencing to it as such.

So your beloved Heritage Mustang is now lumped in with a battery powered minivan.

I’d like to see the faces of true Mustang Enthusiasts world wide when they take their Heritage Mustang to a car show and it’s beaten out by a Ford Minivan with a Mustang logo stuck to it - because you know that is going to happen.

Will the Mustang Museum also have one of these things displayed as a Mustang??

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
It’s probably been said but the one problem with Electric is the range. There is not nearly enough recharging stations nationwide and even when there are it takes time to recharge, thus making a road trip much longer. Driving from Denver to Vegas takes 10-11 hours. We did it in a Tesla and the same trip took 15 hours, thats a big deal!

Take into account I live 258 miles from my Daughter so in most all of the Mach-E models I have to stop and recharge. That’s just not acceptable. I’m interested in the Rivian pickup truck, I ride dirt bikes, but the top of the line model (80K or more) will go only 400 miles and thats without a load, put two bikes in it and it wont get 400 miles. Then when you reach the trail head there is no place to charge.

The charging and range issues have not been resolved and until they do this is just a non-starter for me. Don’t get me wrong I love drive E-Vehicles.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Why would you be at all surprised given that people were up in arms 30 years ago over the plan to turn the Mustang into a FWD sports coupe?

What you're ignoring is the fact that Ford sucks at all of the things that you're talking about and it's an obvious repeating cycle that they've clearly started all over again. They get fixated on a trend and destroy their product lineup and throw away brand equity in pursuit of it. And then one day they wake up and discover that sales have tanked because nobody cares about them because they have no brand identity and no competitive products outside the shiny thing that they've been pursuing like a dog after a squirrel.

And if sales declines accelerate because they've damaged the brand that's assured for how long?
The Probe was slated to end Mustang production. Thankfully Ford was smart enough to launch it as it’s own model before sealing the coffin on the Mustang line. The Mach-E isn’t replacing real Mustang production.

I think the reality is it’s not just Ford that follows those trends. I think it was a smart move for them to knock the car lineup if it’s not adding to the bottom line in the US market. Yeah it sucks I can’t consider a new Focus ST/RS at some point but I rather have Ford crank out trucks and SUV’s than go belly up.

The Mustang survived that cut because its a flagship model. The Mach-E isn’t going to become so popular that it makes good business sense to retire the real Mustang. The Mustang market isn’t looking to replace cheap and easy power in a sharp handling 2 door coupe/vert with a plug in kid hauler.

Again this WILL open the door for some people who want the edgy styling while being able to do family or practical stuff.

Now I don’t agree with using the Mustang name. The Mach name didn’t bother me, but I think it’s dumb to use the Mustang name. However, at the end of the day... I have the real deal parked outside. If Ford is trying to get in the market to dethrone Tesla and import offerings, good for them.

This model may fail, sure. But I don’t see it being the model that pushes Mustang sales into retiring the name.

No one is arguing the fact that Ford is following any market trends or future speculation. The offended are up in arms because Ford has tagged the iconic Mustang Pony to a freaking minivan, jellybean, CUV, or whatever the hell else you want to call it.

Now everyone and their freaking grandmother is gong to call THAT thing their “Mustang”... and it’s NOT in any way, shape or form a freaking Mustang.

I hope the thing tanks.

It is the dumbest idea ever to put the iconic Mustang Pony onto that abomination. Sure it’s called the “MACH-E” (dumbest name ever) - but sticking the running Mustang Pony to it is making everyone think “it’s a Mustang”. Hell, you even have the MACH-E fanboys over on MACH-E calling it a Mustang....

and posts being started now comparing a MACH-E up against a GT500... are you serious?!? The top of the line MACH-E has 333hp... that compares to a GT500 now?

This MACH-E is a joke... it’s not a Mustang, it never was a Mustang and will never be a Mustang. I hope the Mustang Club of America takes a stance and declines it from being accepted into any shows as any heritage relation to a Mustang - its NOT a Mustang.
Yeah I agree - it’s a silly marketing ploy. The good news is you can still walk on the lot and buy a dinosaur burning real Mustang, or the e-car hipsters, or family looking for something cool can opt for the E-Mustang.

Agreed it’s not a real Mustang nor does it make sense to slap the pony badge on it. Something tells me as time passes this arguement will go the way of the Panamera not being a real Porsche. We can’t change it, so I’ll continue to enjoy the real deal and make my judgments about this model once it has some time on the market.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Ford is officially advertising the car as the Mustang Mach E...
Screenshot_20191116-142748_Firefox.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford is officially advertising the car as the Mustang Mach E...
Screenshot_20191116-142748_Firefox.jpg
oh..... well, that’s news because it was not initially addressed as a “Mustang”.... what a damn shame.....

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The Probe was slated to end Mustang production. Thankfully Ford was smart enough to launch it as it’s own model before sealing the coffin on the Mustang line. The Mach-E isn’t replacing real Mustang production.

I think the reality is it’s not just Ford that follows those trends. I think it was a smart move for them to knock the car lineup if it’s not adding to the bottom line in the US market. Yeah it sucks I can’t consider a new Focus ST/RS at some point but I rather have Ford crank out trucks and SUV’s than go belly up.

The Mustang survived that cut because its a flagship model. The Mach-E isn’t going to become so popular that it makes good business sense to retire the real Mustang. The Mustang market isn’t looking to replace cheap and easy power in a sharp handling 2 door coupe/vert with a plug in kid hauler.

Again this WILL open the door for some people who want the edgy styling while being able to do family or practical stuff.

Now I don’t agree with using the Mustang name. The Mach name didn’t bother me, but I think it’s dumb to use the Mustang name. However, at the end of the day... I have the real deal parked outside. If Ford is trying to get in the market to dethrone Tesla and import offerings, good for them.

This model may fail, sure. But I don’t see it being the model that pushes Mustang sales into retiring the name.

Yeah I agree - it’s a silly marketing ploy. The good news is you can still walk on the lot and buy a dinosaur burning real Mustang, or the e-car hipsters, or family looking for something cool can opt for the E-Mustang.

Agreed it’s not a real Mustang nor does it make sense to slap the pony badge on it. Something tells me as time passes this arguement will go the way of the Panamera not being a real Porsche. We can’t change it, so I’ll continue to enjoy the real deal and make my judgments about this model once it has some time on the market.
Tesla has never shown a profit yet. So if you want Ford to follow that model, you are asking them to run deficit spending like our gov't does...its not sustainable, but on the one thing I'll agree with you on, it is the future. Count me out! I'm not sold on over priced millenial mom-mobiles at this point in my life. Ford using the Mustang name for this new bastardized version is essentially like peeing on my shoes while telling me its raining out. No Ford, all you're doing is pissing on our shoes! And pissing a lot of people who buy your new vehicles off in the process!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Maybe the 2021 Mach 1 will be my last mustang...needs a 10 speed option though.
Bill @ CJ just made my day..........and as I said yesterday, if this is done well, I might........might be able to forgive Mach E. I also want a 10-speed Mach 1 though :)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If (big IF) the Mustang Mach E sells well and makes Ford tons of money that they can then pour into making more enthusiast-type vehicles for us types, does it make their decision more palatable? It worked for Porsche when they started selling SUV's and all the Porsche fanatics went crazy. Don't hear anything from them any longer 'cause their getting their various 911 versions, Cayman versions, etc. that they likely wouldn't without the SUV profits.
Of course Ford being successful in the SUV business is a good thing for the future of the Mustang and all the best to them. I don't think anyone opposes this car's existence nor the fact that it's battery powered. The opposition is against putting the Mustang name on it. That is just completely silly and makes Ford look incredibly stupid. Even my 85 year old grandma knows a minivan is not a Mustang.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tesla has never shown a profit yet. So if you want Ford to follow that model, you are asking them to run deficit spending like our gov't does...its not sustainable, but on the one thing I'll agree with you on, it is the future. Count me out! I'm not sold on over priced millenial mom-mobiles at this point in my life. Ford using the Mustang name for this new bastardized version is essentially like peeing on my shoes while telling me its raining out. No Ford, all you're doing is pissing on our shoes! And pissing a lot of people who buy your new vehicles off in the process!
Good analogy, that made me laugh.