Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Merged......
it’s far easier and better if you delete all MACHe links and the sub-forum that links to the website as well... it will pretty this place back up...

:like::cwl::crackup::crackup:
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have no pony in this race (pun intended), I'm just curious what people think. I also know this has not much to do with 6th gen, but there's no other forums AFAIK. Sorry for opening up this can of worms, am really curious what this community (arguably very heated and emotive about the Mustang) thinks of this borrowing the nametag.
The last 144 pages should answer that question, lol.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The Mach E is like a hand job, it's not what you really want but you'll take one. The next SUV, CUV or POS that comes out with the Mustang name attached to it should be called the Ford Mustang Hand Job. Or HJ for short.
Maybe the next version will "go all the way" the right way so to speak. :cwl:

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Jim, I'm curious what your research may indicate about Millennial car buying habits, both current and future? If you don't mind sharing, as I imagine it's a big industry topic. I have seen articles that state that the 3 most Millennial owned models are the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima, and Honda Civic, ironically, all sedans. Do you think Millennials would rather have CUV's as a whole, but sedans are just the cheap used cars at the moment and they buy them b/c of price? Will Millennials be able to afford and can they be convinced to spend $40k+ on brand new cars (especially "American" cars) in the near future, as it seems their generation is buried in school debt and more frugal with certain purchases (like cars)? Curious of your insights. Thanks.
Obviously I'm stupid behind on the relevance of your comment, but I recently created a new Mach-E thread (didn't know one existed, should've looked) and mod merged them.
I'm a millenial (28yo) with a full-time job, me and my wife are DINK, so I got a couple of nice cars recently.
My very first new car was a 2018 Honda Accord 2.0t 6spd, much to follow the stats that you mentioned I guess. Had it for 20months, awesome car, but for 2 people kind of large. Also, the turbo with 252 ponies (but always spinning out and torque-steering) made me more power hungry and I traded it in for my current 2019 Bullitt.

I agree with you, to me sedans and coupes are still the way to go. I haven't sat in many SUVs/CUVs that I really like, they're boring. Exception are my wife's Niro and a 2020 Escape hybrid I just had as a loaner 2 weeks ago. There the only saving grace is the little game you can play with yourself seeing how much/far you can go on electric only.

I look for vehicles with a stick and as a Czech (now living in the US for a few years), I'm sad to see how many vehicles are just boring, slow, auto SUVs. I get it. Take rates for sticks are low. But if manufacturers offered a better spec than the pleb/stripped down, no options 5spd, I'd hope take rate would be higher. Even in Europe the same models I've driven as auto I've driven there in 6spd variants and boy, even a slow farty SUV is way more fun to drive. Not sporty. Just more engaing.

Sponsored