Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I bought more shares today because I’m expecting a rally next week - the opinions here represent very little of the typical target market for that car.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Anyone seen this video yet?

Seem pretty confident of the Mach 1 (the true mach 1) is returning in 2021 to replace the bullitt.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I’d be interested in seeing the opinion on this Mach E based on age range

First5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 cadillac ATS 2.0, '95 wrangler, '11 5.0 Mustang
For all of you that are pi$$ed off about this, there might be another part of the announcement that will make you feel a little better. Still under embargo so all I’ll say is, wait for the other shoe to drop.
The new Mach 1? Seems like CJ spilled the beans in their video above

Davy_Baby9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRD
I think electric is the future, I just don't get the name. Why use Mustang if it's not a Mustang?

Could have used pretty much anything else. Maybe they are just using the name to hopefully help boost sales.

When I saw the name I assumed it was literally an electric Mustang.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Anyone seen this video yet?

Seem pretty confident of the Mach 1 (the true mach 1) is returning in 2021 to replace the bullitt.

Thank you for the link. Perhaps the SVO is coming too...

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
FORD SHOW US AN ELECTRIC MUSTANG IN CAR MODE NOT THIS FAKE POS MUSTANG. MIGHT AS WELL PUT A HORSE ON EVERY SUV. WHAT A SHAM. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.STEVE MCQUEEN AND CAROL SHELBY ARE ROLLING AROUND IN THEIR GRAVES TO THIS.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
You guys just don’t get it. The ICE is going the way of the horse drawn carriage. Future Mustangs will be electric. Just look at the Lithium car for SEMA. Ford doesn’t want to abandon the Mustang name, for good reason. Too much cache attached to it. Too much invested in the brand. But they have to convert it to electric. This is the first step. Actually it’s pretty smart from a marketing and branding perspective. Get people to accept this Mach E EV as a part of the Mustang family, and then it won’t be such a shock when the real Mustang goes electric. Keep your ICE Mustangs..they will be classics before long.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
It’s amazing how offended everyone is getting over this vehicle.

Ford is a for profit company. Their job isn’t to listen to what a fraction of their customer base (ie; us the enthusiasts) tell them to build or not build, or what they’ll buy or not buy.

In order for them to survive they need to follow market trends and future speculation of what’s new and hot. I’m happy the Mustang is the one car platform they kept for the USDM. I would be pissed if they killed it off, but not pissed they’re bringing in a hot market vehicle to target the market currently occupied by Tesla.

Mach is a Mustang throwback. Designating an Explorer or Edge as an ST model is a marketing ploy to a niche group who want a performance oriented vehicle that still checks a lot of boxes. All ST’s have a big grill and edgy styling, but it doesn’t mean the Fiesta/Focus ST never existed.

Using the Mustang or Mach moniker on a crossover is doing the same thing. Taking styling cues from the Mustang? Cool, Ford knows what works. Imagine being the 40 something Dad with 3 kids that couldn’t fit a “real” Mustang into the budget or practicality checkbox. This is an option for that customer.

Ford didn’t stop building the Mustang for this car.
They should have went with a Bronco theme instead.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
I bought more shares today because I’m expecting a rally next week - the opinions here represent very little of the typical target market for that car.
I'll bite.....just who is that market?
All other forums that are car oriented show this decision in a very negative light.
I'm being polite by not quoting the feed back.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
Ford management has really been making some bad business moves lately. Hope they can get their act straightened out. It’s not looking pretty for Ford shareholders as it is. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to put the Mustang name on an SUV clearly hasn’t studied Ford’s history. Hope the “Mustang Mach E” dies a quick death and not a slow one.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
You guys just don’t get it.
No, apparently you don't. Very few cars on the planet with this large a number of people, that have a
historical and emotional attachment too them. Many times it's not even rational, but so goes the human condition.
So stop telling us how to feel about ruining the Mustang name.............

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Ford management has really been making some bad business moves lately. Hope they can get their act straightened out. It’s not looking pretty for Ford shareholders as it is. Also, whoever thought it was a good idea to put the Mustang name on an SUV clearly hasn’t studied Ford’s history. Hope the “Mustang Mach E” dies a quick death and not a slow one.
One of the worst was getting rid of entry level cars. Cars are still cheaper than SUV's and
if you don't get the young into your brand early, you lose even the slightest chance of a person buying
the next level, because that is what they had previously. You now gave that away to many other brands.

Reactions: nrc

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Until quality comes back to my brand, I'm done buying their new vehicles. Add to that my distaste for electric vehicles and its looking like my '18 GT is the last new Ford I buy in a very long time...if ever. If I wanted a truck or SUV I'd of course look at Ford, but I'm a car buyer with no need for huge vehicles with huge price tags.
Sponsored