Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I don't like it. I don't want it. But I'm sure going to test drive it.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I have less interest in this than I do an 80's non-turbo 2.3.
Id rather drive an automatic lima powered foxbody than this Infiniti with a Mustang Badge.

That turd on wheels is a disgrace

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Different perspective maybe?

Your dad makes something from the ground up, invented it himself. You take over his company when it's time and for a few years keep improving the product and keep making lots of money. You now get your hands on some new tech that will revolutionize your product and maybe make you even more money but like everything, it's not certain. So you make this new product while keeping most of the former line. It's entirely up to you to name and market this new product. No matter the decision you go with, people will love it, hate it, and not even care. How do you deal with those that hate it? Do you even care about them? If the new product line will likely make you money, ef the haters right?

Is there writing on the wall that the mustang as we know it might be going away? Sure, for years now. But it hasn't happened yet and it may not go away for another 50 years. Like has been said many times previously, it's not YOUR company, Ford can do whatever they want with any of it's products including name plates. Personally, I completely dislike what they're doing but there's also zero I can do about it. And because I purchased my Mustang last year, there isn't anything I need to do about it either.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Different perspective maybe?

Your dad makes something from the ground up, invented it himself. You take over his company when it's time and for a few years keep improving the product and keep making lots of money. You now get your hands on some new tech that will revolutionize your product and maybe make you even more money but like everything, it's not certain. So you make this new product while keeping most of the former line. It's entirely up to you to name and market this new product. No matter the decision you go with, people will love it, hate it, and not even care. How do you deal with those that hate it? Do you even care about them? If the new product line will likely make you money, ef the haters right?

Is there writing on the wall that the mustang as we know it might be going away? Sure, for years now. But it hasn't happened yet and it may not go away for another 50 years. Like has been said many times previously, it's not YOUR company, Ford can do whatever they want with any of it's products including name plates. Personally, I completely dislike what they're doing but there's also zero I can do about it. And because I purchased my Mustang last year, there isn't anything I need to do about it either.
Ford has already made it quite clear that if you're not shopping for a pickup truck, an SUV, or at best a CUV, they've essentially thrown you away as a preferred customer already.

It's not quite as bad yet as a century or so ago, when HF's stated position was "any color you want, so long as it's black".

Norm

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Ford has already made it quite clear that if you're not shopping for a pickup truck, an SUV, or at best a CUV, they've essentially thrown you away as a preferred customer already.

It's not quite as bad yet as a century or so ago, when HF's stated position was "any color you want, so long as it's black".

Norm
It sucks but it's also fine. That means my next car will be a different make. It will only really suck if that car I want is only available a specific way and priced specific as well. If 100 years from now all vehicles are powered by dreams and look the same, it wont matter to us...being dead and all. I just turned 40 and hopefully the end of my driving career wont be impacted too much by the decline of vehicles I desire.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure we will all eventually relent and buy something electric. I myself will have a 60/70's era muscle car or truck with a 502 or 540 crate engine in the garage waiting to ruin everyone's Saturday/Sunday's peace and quiet. So it's all good..

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'm sure we will all eventually relent and buy something electric. I myself will have a 60/70's era muscle car or truck with a 502 or 540 crate engine in the garage waiting to ruin everyone's Saturday/Sunday's peace and quiet. So it's all good..
My dad drives a Prius most although he's retired so not that often. But he also has a 69 Nova in the garage with a 572 for those quiet Sundays lol

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My dad drives a Prius most although he's retired so not that often. But he also has a 69 Nova in the garage with a 572 for those quiet Sundays lol
that's how you do it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It sucks but it's also fine. That means my next car will be a different make.
That's all an individual can do.

We've "jumped ship" three times out of only eight new car purchases because the company we bought the previous car from stopped building what we were shopping for in the configuration that we wanted.

Norm

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
that's how you do it.
There is nothing like the sound and smell of a car from that era. A little before my time but I've always wanted my own "muscle car". Drove a 69 Camaro before and that was a blast. Someday...

You just can't get any of that from a modern car especially an EV. I drove a Tesla and it was cool for about 3.2 seconds, then it was soooo boring till I was stopped and got to accelerate again. The sounds or lack of don't bother me, the whine of the motors is kinda cool. From what I've seen EV's seem to have less creature comforts than modern ICE cars because you're buying your piece of "planet saving" tech.

MustangorCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Only ONE mustang PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
Once the CAFE laws are returned to Obama era levels and most likely become more stringent than Europe in about 5-10 years, the ICE Mustang we know now will begin to be phased out and morphed/replaced by the Mach E or a close variant. At that point you will have only one vehicle with the Mustang name. Hope it's one you can enjoy. Until there is no Mustang. That day will come as well.

It's nearly comical hearing Ford or any other manufacturer try to talk about any ICE platform/vehicle 10 years out now. SO much is going to change in that time frame, their heads are going to spin. And yes, many ICE vehicles will either go 4cyl w/Hybrid or all electric to exist. You can bet your ass the Corvette will go the same route, most likely all electric. Or just go away. It surely won't be the vehicle sold in 2020.

And to think there is a 6.8 engine thread. That is a joke.
Only ONE mustang PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: kz

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Our next ride - i.e., the car that will replace our DD/RT (coming off lease next May) - will almost for sure be a BEV.
Sponsored