Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
obspsd....you got it almost right......this is the next Ford to get the Mustang name......not sure why people will hate on it either....looks great and is good for Ford to capitalize on the Mustang name.

ford-semi-3.jpg
And I bet it makes a LOT of TORQUE!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
obspsd....you got it almost right......this is the next Ford to get the Mustang name......not sure why people will hate on it either....looks great and is good for Ford to capitalize on the Mustang name.

ford-semi-3.jpg
Mustank

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
And I bet it makes a LOT of TORQUE!
And AWD and goes 1000 miles on a charge - that takes 2 hours - unless you tow/haul something then you get about 200 unless it is in the winter and then maybe 130. You don't need to maintain it though as it comes with little nanites that perform self healing. It only costs 3x more than an ICE version, but no worries we need more people in debt. Also, in the future it allows for better autonomous driving so you can be killed by a vehicle (lawyers are going to get richer!) Oh yeah, it is good for the environment....I think.....well maybe....I guess we need to wait and see what happens to all the batteries. The one good thing is that it will be really easy to put in the 32in screen that everyone is wanting with all the extra room.

On a more serious note, I would have been interested in a Mach E if that is what the name was and it did not have that ridiculously sized screen. Pretty much everything else about it is fairly cool. Ah well, maybe GM will come out with a better designed interior than Tesla or Ford has (and not call it a Corvette or Camaro).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why all the hate? Seems like anything good for Ford would be good for Mustang owners, and it seems kind of cool that a Mustang would be the first main stream American muscle car to go electric.

Admittedly I'm not a traditionalist, but i think the car looks good too.
Most of the hate is not for the vehicle itself, it's for Ford insisting on calling this thing a Mustang when it's basically the opposite of what Mustangs have always been.

Yeah, you can make this thing fast, just like you could make a stretch limo fast. Just throw humongous torque (over a wide enough rpm range) at it. Mindless.

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Norm some people just don't get it. They will accept just about anything if it is marketed right. Look at Mp3's. People loved them (many still do) because you could sfuff a lot of them in a small portable space. They overlooked the fact that they did not sound as good and you paid more for them. Yes they were the next gen of digital, but not better or cheaper. With the right branding anything can be "better"....sad, but true.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Mustang name on a pig.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are so funny hate it all you want it's not going to change a thing move on to the next subject and give your blood pressure a rest.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Reasonable people know it’s #notamustang

I still can’t get over SUV (mustangs) at a Mustang meet. Such a disgrace.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
They say pictures are worth a thousand words so I’ll use pictures and a few words.

THIS IS MUSTANG!
932E768C-8322-46D2-A935-D14E2B4687ED.jpeg

C9BC6F38-7B1B-41E6-94CB-7372621A2C4A.jpeg

The name has come to mean something. Sexy, cool, sporty, good looking, sure mustangs have failed at times to live up to the name, however the idea has more or less be the same since 1964. They muscled up in the late 60s got really slow in the mid 70s and have gone full on sports car with Shelby’s like the 2015+ gt350. My point is mustang has always meant more or less the same things to fans and owners, millions of people all over the globe.

Now the Mach E. Here is the only girl I could find in front of one.

B935870A-DEB7-4F9D-AC60-E00D16E328EF.jpeg

Not quite the same is it. The Mach E is a travesty and a blatant insult to the history of mustang. Not just because you won’t be finding pin up girls in front of them, but because it spits in the face of everything mustang has come to represent. Ford show a little respect to the car that has made you billions of dollars and ushered in a whole new era of cars.

The above obspsd is 100% correct.
91E596D4-EBA2-4790-87DF-2F5A81530B45.jpeg

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
You guys are so funny hate it all you want it's not going to change a thing move on to the next subject and give your blood pressure a rest.
I think I heard where this thing has been pushed out into next year, so maybe there still is time for Ford to override Farley's joke.

Popular opinion saved the Mustang from FWD fate in the past, but the strength of popular opinion may be in trouble today if too many of the existing Mustang base consign themselves into being OK with the naming mess that Ford is throwing at us.

Norm

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You make it seem like it takes a lot of energy to dislike the naming. For me at least I used about 5 minutes of my life to determine if I liked it or not. Now it takes as much effort or thought as breathing, it is just there. Also, hate is a strong word. I would not use that here. I don't hate it. I find it stupid. You mind as well call a house a camper or a aircraft a ship. Sure you can do stupid stuff like that, but like it or not, most people won't know it is stupid....well because they don't know any better or just don't care. I understand why Ford did stupid here, they are desperate for sales and probably nothing is off the table to try to generate more. Maybe it will work and maybe not. For the companies sake and those that work there I hope it works, I just will not be helping. The Bronco though has some promise so maybe I will help Ford by getting one of those. We'll see.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think I heard where this thing has been pushed out into next year, so maybe there still is time for Ford to override Farley's joke.

Popular opinion saved the Mustang from FWD fate in the past, but the strength of popular opinion may be in trouble today if too many of the existing Mustang base consign themselves into being OK with the naming mess that Ford is throwing at us.

Norm
This.

I signed the petition that was created, asking for Ford to reconsider the name.............why? Because it worked when 1000s of loyal Mustang fans learned about the FWD Mustang (which as we all know became the Probe). You'd have thought they heard it loud and clear when enough of us smashed our keyboards in desperation this time around.

I can only assume they've ignored us because the success of the Mach E is vitally important to Ford's bottom line........and the only way this one was going to stand out in a sea of SUVs was to badge it a Mustang.

There's been "talk" of a family of Mustangs. If this were to mean a 4-door saloon and a 5-door sportwagon based off the S650 platform, perhaps a SUV Mustang wouldn't stick out quite so much. But Ford have walked away from sedans, so I'd be shocked if they suddenly decided to build one off the S650 architecture.

But, for now, Mach E goes against everything Mustang has stood for for 56 years. That cool 2-door that was a rather indulgent purchase that stood out from being the same as mom's station wagon or pop's boring saloon.......but now that badge is on exactly that sort of appliance automobile.

Will Ford change their minds? Unlikely. But at least they will know it doesn't sit well with 1000s of Mustang loyalists.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I actually had a chat with a Probe owner the other day. They're neat cars, but also not a Mustang.
I know this quite well. We owned one of the Probe's country-cousins (a Mazda 626, V6, 5MT) - for almost 19.5 years. Toward the end of our ownership, it actually got a set of Probe springs to support its then autocross function.

Norm

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I actually had a chat with a Probe owner the other day. They're neat cars, but also not a Mustang.
This.

I signed the petition that was created, asking for Ford to reconsider the name.............why? Because it worked when 1000s of loyal Mustang fans learned about the FWD Mustang (which as we all know became the Probe). You'd have thought they heard it loud and clear when enough of us smashed our keyboards in desperation this time around.

I can only assume they've ignored us because the success of the Mach E is vitally important to Ford's bottom line........and the only way this one was going to stand out in a sea of SUVs was to badge it a Mustang.

There's been "talk" of a family of Mustangs. If this were to mean a 4-door saloon and a 5-door sportwagon based off the S650 platform, perhaps a SUV Mustang wouldn't stick out quite so much. But Ford have walked away from sedans, so I'd be shocked if they suddenly decided to build one off the S650 architecture.

But, for now, Mach E goes against everything Mustang has stood for for 56 years. That cool 2-door that was a rather indulgent purchase that stood out from being the same as mom's station wagon or pop's boring saloon.......but now that badge is on exactly that sort of appliance automobile.

Will Ford change their minds? Unlikely. But at least they will know it doesn't sit well with 1000s of Mustang loyalists.
There’s one major difference between the Probe era and the Mach E era. The FWD Probe was originally intended to replace the RWD Mustang. The Mustang as we knew it was going to transform forever, or just flat out disappear. Going forward, the Mustang Coupe and Convertible will be able to exist because the Mach E exists. Could they have named it something else? Probably. But they didn’t and they own the trademark, so it’s their decision to make. But if the Mach E, under whatever name you want to call it doesn’t exist, the Mustang Coupe and Convertible die. That simple.

Car CAFE and Truck CAFE are managed separately. Each fleet must be compliant, with some amount of transferral of “extra” credits from the Car fleet to the Truck fleet or vice versa. Ford’s Car Fleet, for CAFE purposes, is Mustang and 2WD Escape. When Mach E hits the market, 2WD Mach E will also likely fall under the Car Fleet. That will help Ford’s Car Fleet CAFE immensely. AWD will likely fall under the Truck Fleet. Without Mach E, Mustang doesn’t stand a chance of balancing the Car CAFE requirements, even if every single one of them was an EcoBoost.
Sponsored