Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
P
And................

its the SAME news being reported over and over and over - just on a different date and out of context from the original...

Like I said before - post up factual numbers from Ford’s ledgers; then we’ll talk about how poorly (or well) another egg-shaped, misnamed, compliance SUV is doing at SALES.

Currently NOTHING has been SOLD; it’s reservations, reservations that can be refunded.

No hard data or facts - just regurgitation of old news.
Probably so, but the article was posted as of today.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably so, but the article was posted as of today.
Marketing probably made some calls and said "hey, we need to keep our new whizbang CUV in the public's eye. Could you run a new story with month-old datapoints since it's a new year? Maybe if you could find some pull quotes to make it feel more real."

I smell desperation.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Marketing probably made some calls and said "hey, we need to keep our new whizbang CUV in the public's eye. Could you run a new story with month-old datapoints since it's a new year? Maybe if you could find some pull quotes to make it feel more real."

I smell desperation.
I would not doubt that at all. Marketing sells things before they exist, then they get a bonus on orders taken on "Vapor-E" and smile on the way to the bank driving their company car.

Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Ford is KILLING IT with the Mach-E. They may just quit making the petrol Mustang and "clean up" the air with the E. All of those people that would never buy the gas guzzler Mustang will get the E.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brooke...r-2020-fight-with-tesla-model-y/#1af5c6aa6eff

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...response-at-dealerships/ar-BBYDBNo?li=BBnb4R5
And they all would have bought it no matter what it was called. Why piss off multiple generations of Fords most diehard fans.
A lot of mustang guys are the one in the family (friends, coworkers, even friends of friends) that most turn to for advice on cars (fixing, buying etc...),
you don't want to annoy that guy for no reason whatsoever, if you are a car company.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
if you are a car company
you didn't get the memo! Ford is now an 'autonomous mobility' company. "car" is such a narrow-minded, non-inclusive word. Not to mention Ford doesn't make those anymore - just trucks and SUVs. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
you didn't get the memo! Ford is now an 'autonomous mobility' company. "car" is such a narrow-minded, non-inclusive word. Not to mention Ford doesn't make those anymore - just trucks and SUVs. :)
Fun fact. “Car” was never in their name..

upload_2020-1-6_19-43-32.jpeg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You just like to post that hahahaha

Fits all the crying going on. I set back and think we're a little blessed this thing was almost the Mustang Mach 1, now that would have been really bad.
tenor-gif.gif

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
nobody is expecting the ICE versions of the Mustang to necessarily trounce the Mach-E. 0-60 or quarter mile times have little/nothing to do with wanting (or despising) the Mach-E.

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
And you'll really be pissed when the new Mach E blows the doors off your ICE Mustang as well. With a couple tweaks the MachE will be faster 0-60 then the 2020 GT500!
No i won't. Couldn't give a farck about how much faster it will be. I got mine because of how it makes ME feel. Couldn't care less about the tosser next to me.
Sponsored