Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Has anyone driven both? what is your take on this?

The only thing which attracts me to the Charger Scatpack is that is has more torque but looks-wise I feel it needs a refresh badly as they all look the same since God knows when

Thoughts about performance, acceleration, handling, interior, exhaust note (stock)?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
If your talking charger and not challenger then you get 4 doors and the ability to fit 5 people relatively comfortable. I’ve driven both back to back, the charger was more comfortable but obviously didn’t handle as well. The engine with all its low end grunt was very nice in town.
the mustangs newer styling inside and out was slightly nicer.
that being said i am on the prowl for a 5 seater fun car.
I don’t really think you can go wrong either way. If you plan on track days then the mustang would probably be an easier option to get it setup for that. If you just want big comfortable cruiser then the charger might be better.
I did take my Bullitt on a 1600 ish mile trip and it was very comfortable though, so I’m in no way saying the mustang isn’t a good cruiser. Just the overall size and plusher suspension of the charger helps in that regards.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
If your talking charger and not challenger then you get 4 doors and the ability to fit 5 people relatively comfortable. I’ve driven both back to back, the charger was more comfortable but obviously didn’t handle as well. The engine with all its low end grunt was very nice in town.
the mustangs newer styling inside and out was slightly nicer.
that being said i am on the prowl for a 5 seater fun car.
I don’t really think you can go wrong either way. If you plan on track days then the mustang would probably be an easier option to get it setup for that. If you just want big comfortable cruiser then the charger might be better.
I did take my Bullitt on a 1600 ish mile trip and it was very comfortable though, so I’m in no way saying the mustang isn’t a good cruiser. Just the overall size and plusher suspension of the charger helps in that regards.
I meant the Charger. The Challenger here has lost its image, you find them more than you find Toyota Yaris on the road and it's always a douchebag driving a used one.

I have 0 plans to track the car. What I care about the most is 0-60 acceleration, to feel that I am thrown back in my seat every time, and a wild exhaust note stock, I don't plan on modding the car plus here in Dubai if you install an aftermarket exhaust you'll get into a lot of trouble.

I never thought about the Charger until I was looking at the specs and saw that it has more torque than the Mach 1

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The challenger/charger feels like driving a lowered truck in comparison to the Mustang. The torque at stoplights is intoxicating, but it kinda just dies after a point vs the Mustang wanting to be revved out all the way to redline.

Extra space in the challenger/charger is nice to have. Interior quality in the Mustang is a little nicer overall. Coyote exhaust sounds better too imo.

If I needed the extra practicality, I might have considered the Charger, but the Mustang is just more fun to drive imo. I think for the money, I’d probably get a m340i if 4 doors was a requirement.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah 5000 RPM and the 6.4 is basically done. The Challenger/Charger WB is the only one to look at if you want the barge to have any semblance of handling at all. The Challenger is BIG and drives even bigger. The Mustang drives small.

The Dodge is (should be) MUCH cheaper than the M1 or else you're paying WAY too much.

Sponsored

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
Both of these cars are not that fast stock or 0-60 especially compared to Turbo or EV cars. The engine /exhaust sound and styling are main reasons to buy these.
The Mach 1 is definitely the sportier of these 2 and would be my choice.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Thanks a lot for the comments, I'll scrap the Charger idea then. I do think the Mustang looks way better than the outdated charger look but was just wanting to get some ideas about the overall feel and driving of the car. Cheers.

lieu910

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #7638
The Charger still looks good to me, especially in wide body trim. The 6.4 is torque monster, and pulls hard all the way through redline, never feels out of breath. However, if you don't really need 4 doors, I would look elsewhere.

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
FWIW, Motortrend has them both at 4.2 for 0 to 60. IMO though, unless you need the extra space, it's the Mach 1 all day. You know what they say about opinions though.

Crossi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’ve owned a 2018 ScatPack Charger. Stock, it is a pretty crazy car. I added a Whipple to it so it became even crazier. I have a GT350 now. I miss the Charger on the highways and for long trips, four doors, seats 5….. but on the track, it was a big, heavy block in the corners. The mustang is the way to go for short spirited trips and track use and it only seats 2 comfortably. Just my opinion…..

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was contemplating buying a Scat Pack before I ordered my GT. Test drove a new Scat Pack and a new GT back to back to help decide. That 6.4L Hemi is a monster but as others have said, it’s a big car and it feels big when driving it. Although the Mustang isn’t small, it feels smaller and more nimble than the Scat did. Driving them back to back really helped me feel the difference.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
M1 all the way in this case.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
Im also liking the Challenger scat pack widebody. I test drove one and a GT350 and it did feel bigger but handled well, maybe not as well at the 350…loved both but not willing to pay the used car premiums right now on the 350. Love the exterior and engine/trans combo in that scat pack tho. Its a blunt force weapon, Mustang is more precision, just cant decide between the two but good problems to have.
Sponsored