Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Looks great in twister orange , are you getting one ?
Only in my dreams @MUS550 My new Twister FN is barely run-in thanks to the lockdown here in Victoria, and the car is likely to be a keeper.

I might copy the stripes on the Mach 1, or a design in a similar vein. I have been decidedly indecisive on stripes!

Not sure how feasible to cut and apply either of these two concepts of mine would be:

Side Boss 8-6-20 9.38pm.jpg

Side Boss half grey 22-6-20 9.52pm.jpg

It might be a clear film tearing off the badge/decal on that 1970 Red Mach 1 @GT 550. The chrome on the side/sill panels is a bit much on that car, even for me!

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Great looking red FN there.
Really wanted those Handling Option wheels and the wheel guard lip. Maybe not legal here.
Think it’ll be a pass from me.
Get a nice hardtop like the red one above. Already acquired those same wheels.
Afford to keep my vert as well.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Great looking red FN there.
Really wanted those Handling Option wheels and the wheel guard lip. Maybe not legal here.
Think it’ll be a pass from me.
Get a nice hardtop like the red one above. Already acquired those same wheels.
Afford to keep my vert as well.
My view, is wait until car production and then pick up the wheels, tyre pressure sensors and Pilot Cup Sport 2 tyres and magic happens. Ditto rear spoiler and front lip spoiller (although that makes driveways more difficult so you'd really have to want that extra).

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I love the look of those 4.5 inch exhaust tips. I guess you would have to buy the active mufflers with the tips and most likely the valance to suit for fitment to an FN.

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Did anyone see the video posted by that raving madman "autoexpert" John Codogan.

What are your thoughts.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone see the video posted by that raving madman "autoexpert" John Codogan.

What are your thoughts.
I can imagine what he would have to say but I am not going to click the link; it would only encourage him...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm tipping the front facia will be a popular aftermarket item for 2018+ cars. Still not sure what to think about the blind fog light holes.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm tipping the front facia will be a popular aftermarket item for 2018+ cars. Still not sure what to think about the blind fog light holes.
Clearly Ford is expecting you to buy and install the lights to fill the holes.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
For sure, and some dude from Ford said as much with an accompanying nod of expectation to the aftermarket. But 'as sold' they're effectively a try hard plastic cut out on a 90k+ car. I'm not actually hating on it but it seems a little strange that there's no alternative on a car of that value if you don't want driving lights or the cut outs which, IMHO, have an unfinished look about them. And I can't imagine Ford is currently incapable of installing fogs.

It's analogous to Ford selling the S550 with holes in the boot lid filled with grommets because 'the aftermarket will provide spoilers'.

Anyway I'd still like to have one :like:

Sponsored

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)

What are your thoughts.
If you want a Mach 1 then should take up his offer to source a car for less bucks, unfortunately I didn't go that way, preferring to go with my trusted dealer and relationship to avoid the BS...

John C does talk some crap but also has some gems along the way that are either helpful or at least funny to hear... :cool:

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
For sure, and some dude from Ford said as much with an accompanying nod of expectation to the aftermarket. But 'as sold' they're effectively a try hard plastic cut out on a 90k+ car. I'm not actually hating on it but it seems a little strange that there's no alternative on a car of that value if you don't want driving lights or the cut outs which, IMHO, have an unfinished look about them. And I can't imagine Ford is currently incapable of installing fogs.

It's analogous to Ford selling the S550 with holes in the boot lid filled with grommets because 'the aftermarket will provide spoilers'.

Anyway I'd still like to have one :like:
If it was my car, I would fit discs over the holes, Ă  la Allan Moffat's Mustang:

offat%20Trans-Am%20Mustang%20Sandown%20ATCC%201971.jpg

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
...and Minilites. Best looking touring car ever invented. Interesting story too about how they reprofiled the front metal to drop the nose.
I went to Goodwood Festival of Speed to see the Coke Mustang do the driveway and to see the car very! close up. Just after the Bowden's purchased it I think 2009 or thereabouts. Did see it back in the early seventies at Warick Farm when Moffat was campaigning it.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Sadly I never saw it race. Went to GFOS last year, had a blast.
Sponsored