Twister Orange 2020 FN GT

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
It is starting to look promising that it will arrive in Australia, but nothing officially announced @POJ 1 Hopefully NZ too, although I guess production is limited.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-spotted-in-right-hand-drive
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-spotted-in-right-hand-drive
hope you're right but it scares me when yanks use the word "global" which to a land locked ford exec in Michigan may just mean Canada, Alaska & Hawaii???
I have a mate here whose Mach 1 deposit is burning a hole in his pocket
Here's hoping!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
hope you're right but it scares me when yanks use the word "global" which to a land locked ford exec in Michigan may just mean Canada, Alaska & Hawaii???
I have a mate here whose Mach 1 deposit is burning a hole in his pocket
Here's hoping!
"Global" was exactly the same term Ford used when describing their plans for the S550 - 2015-6 Mustang migration to Australia, UK, Japan (also RHD), and Europe. So we can be reasonably confident of getting it - eventually.

We in Australia are also by far the largest "Global" RHD Market for the Mustang, which would also give us some leverage.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Great news. I guess Ford’s plan all along was to keep the news up their sleeve until Bathurst week. I am guessing they will have an example at The Mount for the announcement.

Should look at home on Mount Panorama if this Nurburgring footage is any indication: Nurburgring

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Patrol, CBR1000rr and ordering a 20** GT
100k or thereabouts given limited numbers
I am hoping for around $80k once optioned. R-spec was just over $100k and that came with the supercharger and was limited edition.

Still waiting on information coming back, I requested to order so should be getting prices back from my dealer.

paulb351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT,Everest,FocusRS,MustangMach1
Mach 1 looks good, if they bring in the optioned with Handling Package will be a case of "shut up and take my money..." Jetfighter grey like the hero car in the images looks sweet, with GT350 now out of production. Why they don't do RHD in the GT350/GT500 mystery of the ages (along with Bronco not RHD despite running on Ranger platform that we all get to use in RHD). AUD$100k seems inappropriate given Mach 1 base is USD$51k but who knows with limited supply.

Not much news in dealer land, at least at my dealer except available 2021 as a 2021.25 model but no details on specs or pricing yet, all tba from the dealer bulletin issued by FoA recently. FoA have a web page with a signup to get marketing material as it becomes available.

Sponsored

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone been able to put in a proper order yet? All I’ve got is the “give us $1,000 and we’ll write your name on this piece of paper” nonsense... I’m not convinced that will secure a car to be honest...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Yeah but if it does...happy days.

You're not really putting anything on the line because it'll be pending price etc. Cheeky of them instead of just taking your eoi but it probably weeds out some time wasters.

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just dropped into my dealers, $2k deposit with pricing coming out 22nd October, roughly $80k+, orders officially go in 23-28

1-2 units allocated per dealer. With delivery slated for April.

JWM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Just dropped into my dealers, $2k deposit with pricing coming out 22nd October, roughly $80k+, orders officially go in 23-28

1-2 units allocated per dealer. With delivery slated for April.
Nice. I talked to one earlier on the week, maybe things are a bit better sorted now. Did they tell you whether the Handling Package will be available?

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I talked to one earlier on the week, maybe things are a bit better sorted now. Did they tell you whether the Handling Package will be available?
pretty much no other info till next week. Deposit down ASAP, 100% refundable, and can spec all details later on
Sponsored