Sponsored

Mustang "Lithium" Battery Electric Prototype Signals Future With 900+ HP / 1000 FT-LBS Torque!

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So basically ICE and EV put out very similar amounts of emissions with EV's really not being that much less.
Did you watch the whole thing? That's really not what I took away from it.
Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
If you ride bicycles around here people think your a meth head
In WV, you might be a meth head if on a bike lol -- I try to take my bike to the metro when the weather is good -- fold it up, and take it on the Metro to the central business district in D.C. I mostly drive my Mustang on the weekend -- I also love my chocolate chip cookies -- but I don't eat them for every meal.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So basically ICE and EV put out very similar amounts of emissions with EV's really not being that much less.
I didn't hear that. EV's start out much higher when you factor in battery manufacturing. Then depending on what state you live in and what size battery you have there is an amount of time for the EV to catch up. There would be no catch up time if both power sources had the same emissions. In SC a mid range EV would pass my ICE within 2-3 years. After that the EV would be way ahead. This will of course change as manufacturing emissions go down as well as States electric production. In time EV's and ICE's will start on a level playing surface. At that point the EV's advantage will start from day 1.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
You can go 400 miles in your Mustang? Ecoboost? There's no friggin' way my GT will do more than around 340 before running bone dry!
At 30mpg highway, you would need to have a tank with just over 13 gallon capacity.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You can go 400 miles in your Mustang? Ecoboost? There's no friggin' way my GT will do more than around 340 before running bone dry!
Oh, hahaha, holy hell, no that's in our DD/RT, which is still pretty amazing (it's got a 25 gallon tank to back up that Hemi :D)

OK, we get it. You travel down to one of the most beautiful places in the world and have a great time doing it. :)
Hahaha, how about a pic!

:D

IMG_5469.jpg

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
At 30mpg highway, you would need to have a tank with just over 13 gallon capacity.
Exactly. I'm pretty sure the Mustang has a 16 gallon tank -- seems to be the case, though I can't remember exactly. When I'm running low, It will take around 14 gallons. I average around 18mpg -- mostly highway. I like to play.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Exactly. I'm pretty sure the Mustang has a 16 gallon tank -- seems to be the case, though I can't remember exactly. When I'm running low, It will take around 14 gallons. I average around 18mpg -- mostly highway. I like to play.

Kind of off topic, but when I was getting ready to switch over to my FlexTune, I wanted to run it down as low as possible. I was about 1-2 miles from the station that sells E85, sitting at one of the worst/busiest intersections in town (i.e., a BAD place to run out of gas ...), and it dropped to 0 MILES TILL EMPTY, indicator turned red, light was still red, hahaha, I was freaking-the-F-out :D

Then I caught every light, I thought for sure I was not going to make it (I did, and the new tune is killer), seems like there's at least a couple of gallons past E.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled programming.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Kind of off topic, but when I was getting ready to switch over to my FlexTune, I wanted to run it down as low as possible. I was about 1-2 miles from the station that sells E85, sitting at one of the worst/busiest intersections in town (i.e., a BAD place to run out of gas ...), and it dropped to 0 MILES TILL EMPTY, indicator turned red, light was still red, hahaha, I was freaking-the-F-out :D

Then I caught every light, I thought for sure I was not going to make it (I did, and the new tune is killer), seems like there's at least a couple of gallons past E.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled programming.
That's good information -- I'm not going to push my luck...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That's good information -- I'm not going to push my luck...

I __never__ do, I'm a stickler for keeping the gas topped off, never let it get much under a 1/4 tank - but I was on a mission :D I thought I had it pretty figured out, based on where I needed to drive that day, and how much would be left, missed it by a few miles.

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I __never__ do, I'm a stickler for keeping the gas topped off, never let it get much under a 1/4 tank - but I was on a mission :D I thought I had it pretty figured out, based on where I needed to drive that day, and how much would be left, missed it by a few miles.
I'm glad it worked out for you -- would have been a massive pain to have run out then...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP