• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang in Dark Horse trim vs the rest of the world...

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
More practical yes? Slower, yes. I love racing 6sp Scats on the street. Gap city. The ZF 8sp is the shit. No one can shift as fast, or smooth. The shift logic is perfect, or you can shift when you want with the paddles. As far as the widebody, looks like they are glued on. Suspension and brakes anyone can do themselves. You know the Dynamics pkg (brakes and suspension) was available before the wide body came out, right? Wheels and tires, I got those.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I am surprised none of the Mustangs guys chime in and discuss the videos that are pretty interesting...As far as the ZF-8 speed no doubt faster and better for drag racing but a electric car is even faster...Thats my point.Nothing beats the sound of a real V8 with a crossplane crank and rowing your own gears...F.U.N. !!! And yes you cauld order and put the stuff on your narrow body but still you were missing the stiffer than even Hellcat front springs and thicker hollow sway bars that are part of the secret sauce that made the WB-Scat so good...Too bad the none of the magazines ever made a Mach 1 - SS 1LE - Scat WB/6-spd comparo ! I guess back than the scamdemic took the headlines and the Redeye overshadowed the sweet spot of the Challenger line as even the Youtubers overlooked this more than interesting comparison when all 3 musclecars/ponycars could be bought new...

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
I am surprised none of the Mustangs guys chime in and discuss the videos that are pretty interesting...As far as the ZF-8 speed no doubt faster and better for drag racing but a electric car is even faster...Thats my point.Nothing beats the sound of a real V8 with a crossplane crank and rowing your own gears...F.U.N. !!! And yes you cauld order and put the stuff on your narrow body but still you were missing the stiffer than even Hellcat front springs and thicker hollow sway bars that are part of the secret sauce that made the WB-Scat so good...Too bad the none of the magazines ever made a Mach 1 - SS 1LE - Scat WB/6-spd comparo ! I guess back than the scamdemic took the headlines and the Redeye overshadowed the sweet spot of the Challenger line as even the Youtubers overlooked this more than interesting comparison when all 3 musclecars/ponycars could be bought new...
90% of them have you on block for your repetitive pointless drivel

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
A short review of a test drive is a tad different than living with a daily.

OP
OP

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A short review of a test drive is a tad different than living with a daily.
Agreed ! So whats your point as these reviews where not taken on a track like TH or SG mostly do ? These reviews both mentioned the tramlining which is no good on any daily where lack of steering feel really only matters when you do trackdays thatonly a very small minority of people who buy these cars do...Anyways dont understand the reaction of the usual suspects who were offended by posting some interesting car reviews...

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed ! So whats your point as these reviews where not taken on a track like TH or SG mostly do ? These reviews both mentioned the tramlining which is no good on any daily where lack of steering feel really only matters when you do trackdays thatonly a very small minority of people who buy these cars do...Anyways dont understand the reaction of the usual suspects who were offended by posting some interesting car reviews...
Tbh I havenā€™t finished watching all you posted. Some items of concern become non issues when experienced daily. As an example, steering feel. Iā€™ll try to finish watching and then see what i can come up with. Although when comparing a boosted car to a na car is kinda like, well, just wait until big burly hits the gym.

OP
OP

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbh I havenā€™t finished watching all you posted. Some items of concern become non issues when experienced daily. As an example, steering feel. Iā€™ll try to finish watching and then see what i can come up with. Although when comparing a boosted car to a na car is kinda like, well, just wait until big burly hits the gym.
I agree steering feel is only a concern as weight is only a concern if you do track days and are fast enough to push the car...For a daily driver good sound , a manual and agile handling/rotation make a car fun as also Torque in combination with short gears make a car feel powerful without getting to crazy creating smoke because you dont have the traction (lack of AWD) to actually put the power down...Also one factor these guys never mention is what Randy Pobst always says he does not like cars that are tail happy and kick out the tail suddenly without much warning...Snap oversteer is not your friend...LOLThat is why he never liked Corvettes.Cars that dont do this are much more predictable and more fun to drive especially when you push it on a track...Its an rich mans hobby to do that when you look at what tires cost so all I do now is doing that on motorcycles which are more fun to ride anyways...LOL Hope you enjoy the videos...I wish some of these Youtubers would put them all together , the 3 american V8's , and include the M2 and maybe even a 911...That would be cool !

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Because we don't give a shit about Challengers or Camaros ... or your trolling posts.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree steering feel is only a concern as weight is only a concern if you do track days and are fast enough to push the car...For a daily driver good sound , a manual and agile handling/rotation make a car fun as also Torque in combination with short gears make a car feel powerful without getting to crazy creating smoke because you dont have the traction (lack of AWD) to actually put the power down...Also one factor these guys never mention is what Randy Pobst always says he does not like cars that are tail happy and kick out the tail suddenly without much warning...Snap oversteer is not your friend...LOLThat is why he never liked Corvettes.Cars that dont do this are much more predictable and more fun to drive especially when you push it on a track...Its an rich mans hobby to do that when you look at what tires cost so all I do now is doing that on motorcycles which are more fun to ride anyways...LOL Hope you enjoy the videos...I wish some of these Youtubers would put them all together , the 3 american V8's , and include the M2 and maybe even a 911...That would be cool !
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
The EVERYDAY-DRIVER video they complain about the weight of the Mustang, but forget that it has back row seats unlike the others and larger interior. If interior space is important in a sports car then the Mustang wins.

OP
OP

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The EVERYDAY-DRIVER video they complain about the weight of the Mustang, but forget that it has back row seats unlike the others and larger interior. If interior space is important in a sports car then the Mustang wins.
What is the weight of back seats or weight savings of a back seat delete ? Not much ! And who wants or can sit on these back seats with the little legroom they offer...I think the back seats are there to keep the insurance rates down...LOL

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the weight of back seats or weight savings of a back seat delete ? Not much ! And who wants or can sit on these back seats with the little legroom they offer...I think the back seats are there to keep the insurance rates down...LOL
And groceries you donā€™t want sliding around, a little human (baby) also fits well, start ā€˜em young and when they grow motor is already running through the veins.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do they handle so well but communicate so poorly?
Sponsored