Sponsored

Mustang Hybrid Teased, Shows V8-Engine

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Evolving is not necessarily synonymous with improving. Think "New Coke".
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Just can't get excited about an EV mustang even if it is higher performance, less maintenance...whatever. I see no way to have character in such a car. I have seen plenty of Teslas at car shows...despite decent looks they just seem sterile and boring. Fake noise would be completely stupid. If you take it on a track to do 0-60 in a second ok, but it won't be Track ready at any reasonable price. For normal DD...might as well just drive a damn Leaf. GT500s will probably sell like crazy as it might be the last real Mustang.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
as long as it screams bloody murder like an american v8 should then maybe i'll accept it...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'm pretty sure the V8 is shown for the S550, since you see the S550 grille and the V8 behind it - Before the picture changes to the electric model that has a completely different frontend without the open frontgrille (electric cars don't need it)

I made the pic a bit brighter, to me it looks way too much like the Audi e-tron.
Audi-e-tron-2020-1600-27.jpg
electricmustang_lighter.jpg

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The part I liked best about the commercial was Bryan Cranston being in it.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Just can't get excited about an EV mustang even if it is higher performance, less maintenance...whatever. I see no way to have character in such a car. I have seen plenty of Teslas at car shows...despite decent looks they just seem sterile and boring. Fake noise would be completely stupid. If you take it on a track to do 0-60 in a second ok, but it won't be Track ready at any reasonable price. For normal DD...might as well just drive a damn Leaf. GT500s will probably sell like crazy as it might be the last real Mustang.

Cars are inanimate objects. You are the one that gives it character- if you want to. Interesting times ahead as this is the first time Ford let it out of the bag that they have an EV Mustang! I had a gag order on me during development of the Ford GT back in the day so I know how this works. From now on expect trickles about this car. But now I’m still more interested in the hybrid specs...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this in the New Ford Proud Videos

next-gen-ford-mustang-2-1539955908.jpg

Ford Mustang Hybrid Shown in New Bryan Cranston–Led Ad Campaign

Ford has been talking about the idea of a hybrid version of the Mustang for years now—and we finally have our first glimpse at what this new model will look like. The quick teaser comes as part of Ford's new ad campaign, called "Built Ford Proud," in a spot called "The Future Is Built" that features actor Bryan Cranston.

The crucial part of the ad is a brief moment when a cutaway of an engine congeals into a futuristic-looking front end emblazoned with a Mustang logo. This tells us a fair amount about the the new electrified Mustang. The engine's two cylinder banks and four injectors mean that it will be powered by a V-8 engine, with some sort of electric motor supplanting it, while the headlights, closed-off front end, and different mirrors denote this new model as a next-generation Mustang, rather than just a version of the current car.

ford-hybrid-mustang-1539957030.jpg

Another shot in the new ad might also suggest that Ford is planning to apply the Mach 1 nameplate to this new gas-electric Mustang. A quick cut of the original Mach 1 Mustang appears just before the teaser of the upcoming car, and we know Ford has shelved that iconic name for its upcoming all-electric crossover, which will now wear a different badge.

When will this new Stang arrive? Ford has previously stated that the Mustang hybrid would arrive "by 2020," meaning that the car is likely to make its debut that year as a 2021 model. That would make sense given the current-generation Mustang's timeline; it debuted for the 2014 model year and received a refresh for 2018. We know very little about the next-generation car other than the fact that it will offer this hybrid model and that it will continue to ride on a rear-wheel-drive unibody platform.

Very cool commercials :sunglasses: :rockon:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
To me this teaser is more for the Mustang inspired EV SUV and not the hybrid S550. There is nothing in the video that points to it being the hybrid S550 IMO. Also nothing that points to a V8 hybrid.... The engine bay was that of a 15-17 GT.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
To me this teaser is more for the Mustang inspired EV SUV and not the hybrid S550. There is nothing in the video that points to it being the hybrid S550 IMO. Also nothing that points to a V8 hybrid.... The engine bay was that of a 15-17 GT.

Yup. The Hybrid should look just like a regular S550 with maybe a chrome badge on the fender saying it’s a hybrid. This is a full on EV and not the suv. That guy Levine from Ford North America was asked about that and said it was a look into the future. That does not sound like a year to two years in the future. New front and hood without heat vents. Covered grill front with only a possible low opening scream full EV. That blazing electric blue Mustang would be really, really, really rich for just a hybrid.

Other news sources state they threw in the EV teaser to show they can compete with Tesla because the stock has dropped and they need to create some excitement.

Car and Driver called it a hybrid but Autoweek played it safe and called it a Hybrid/EV. The other news sources took on a more investigative tone and sided with the EV possibility.

It’s an EV.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Yup. The Hybrid should look just like a regular S550 with maybe a chrome badge on the fender saying it’s a hybrid. This is a full on EV and not the suv. That guy Levine from Ford North America was asked about that and said it was a look into the future. That does not sound like a year to two years in the future. New front and hood without heat vents. Covered grill front with only a possible low opening scream full EV. That blazing electric blue Mustang would be really, really, really rich for just a hybrid.

Other news sources state they threw in the EV teaser to show they can compete with Tesla because the stock has dropped and they need to create some excitement.

Car and Driver called it a hybrid but Autoweek played it safe and called it a Hybrid/EV. The other news sources took on a more investigative tone and sided with the EV possibility.

It’s an EV.
6CB8D4EE-0C4C-4D31-92B6-551E66C4DBAD.jpeg

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Um...

Doubled up square Headlights look like 1980’s

Logo on solid grille cover looks like new camaro.

Profile is too high as well. Like a truck not a car.

...scare
Sponsored