corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Which is why I said if someone agrees that talking to a passenger is just as bad or worse than hands/eye free texting or calling, I will respect their opinion but disagree.

I NEVER said texting or calling was not a distraction, I just correctly pointed out that it is less of a distraction than talking to a passenger or listening to the infotainment system. So anyone who opposes hands/eye free calling/texting because its a distraction but ever talks to a passenger is ignorant or a hypocrite. I have no idea what your opinion is.
1) That the business of driving is sadly underestimated by many (probably most). It's not as natural as walking or running, though it kind of gets treated that way.

2) That people have made themselves slaves to instant availability and immediate solutions simply because such access is now possible. Most things really can wait, they always had to.

You're conveniently ignoring the value of that second pair of eyes when talking with a passenger.

What I can tell you about myself is that in-car discussions in my case come to a screeching halt whenever I'm using the brakes, turning a corner, maybe even if an uncertain traffic situation only appears likely. Basically any time there's much more than the minimum going on for the driving part.

Nobody gets a snap-answer - it's just the way I am, and people either figure that out on their own or I will specifically tell them I need to think on whatever it is a bit. Obviously the girl I've been married to these past 47 years accepts this, as did the people I interfaced with back when I was still working (mostly as an engineer in a regional office, retired these days).

Personally, I don't think people should let themselves be held hostage to the sort of rock-and-a-hard-place situation where hesitation is taken as its own direct answer. It's a setup tailor-made to get you taken advantage of.

Norm

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You're conveniently ignoring the value of that second pair of eyes when talking with a passenger.
No, I have not ignored that. That's why I NEVER drive without a passenger, much like yourself, I assume.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Depends.

Today we're leaving for a Track Night in America event for me, that turns into a little get-away for the two of us, so we're taking two cars. She doesn't go to the shooting range or always tag along on hardware-store errands, either. But most other times there's been two of us once she retired.

Norm

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yes please on the twin turbo 8. Hybrids still don't fascinate me yet.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
you could make it real attractive to true fans and only off tt 3.5 ecoboost and a 5.0 na and a ecoboost 5.0. done deal. you keep your hybrid ill keep my hp and fun

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If I could get a hybrid mustang with 40 MPG that was still fun to drive, I'd gladly add that as a commuter car rather than a Prius or similar.

Would be sweet to see an EB engine with 250 or so HP (tuned for higher REV performance) along with an 80 HP electric motor to fill in the low-end torque.

I think it would be more fun that most modern turbos that are tuned for the low end and fall flat up top.

Question is, how can they keep the weight and packaging of the batteries and electric motor reasonable? Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

EDIT:
Or you go the opposite direction and make it a true performance hybrid. Make a small battery system with high power charge and discharge, and use it like a KERS system where you are mainly trying to increase performance rather than fuel efficiency. Would work best with a high-strung engine like the Voodoo, that could use some extra torque down low.

-T

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:cheers:
future.jpg

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Lincoln Coupe: Possible??

Hopefully it will be based on the S650 platform. Not FWD.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Or you go the opposite direction and make it a true performance hybrid. Make a small battery system with high power charge and discharge, and use it like a KERS system where you are mainly trying to increase performance rather than fuel efficiency. Would work best with a high-strung engine like the Voodoo, that could use some extra torque down low.
While I like where your heading wouldn't that price a mustang into the 100k plus territory?

Oh and guys if u want to know when the s650 will be coming just monitor topnotch's sig. He changes it once in a while.

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
MY2021
All new from the ground up
Evolutionary

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Photos? More info? Anything to give us a hint perhaps? Evolutionary is a very broad term. How about all aluminum like the f150's?

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Evolutionary generally means LESS change.

That's interesting. Although all new, I'm guess no major material changes or design changes.

Or perhaps minimal design and mostly material. Lol teasers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.