Sponsored

Mustang Honeymoon is over...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd go with an Audi if I were you. At least drive one. Something with the letter "S" in the name.

If your complaints were about AWD versus RWD I wouldn't have replied, but since build quality is extremely important to you...

....Audi, not Kia.

And if you can't afford the sporty Audis, buy a cheaper one. You are prioritizing build quality over performance. Just give in to your preferences. You will be happier IMO.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Reading this post really helps me understand the love hate relationship I have for my mustang. In the USA the mustang is a 25 k usd car so cheap as chips and made down to this price for 25 k usd Iā€™m amazed the quality is as good as it is!

The euro equivalent would be an 80ā€™s lada or a Dacia . And in that context the mustang excels as it has shite quality but a great engine.

However when you pay 50k usd or more for a mustang you have a right to expect something screwed together properly then quality controled. I was just looking at the new Kalashnikov electric car with exposed hinges and Huge panel gaps built by gulag workers and thought that would be better quality than a mustang! Ford Europe can do a decent job for more money. Why canā€™t ford US have decent build quality. Are they training the workforce? Is there no pride in doing a proper job? Are they not paying a decent salary?

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
To the OP, I think your squeaks and rattles are a problem with your first-year build. My ā€˜17 has 22,500 miles with not ONE squeak or rattle and itā€™s a convertible at that! My car did fine in wintry conditions with Pirelli Cinturato All-Season tires but roads are plowed quickly here and I never needed the Mustang to be a Jeep. Sounds like you just want a new ride so have fun shopping and test-driving!

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
The wife and I bought a Kia in 2008 brand new ( I know that was ten years ago, not sure how much has changed ) exactly what I said to people when we bought, wow you get a lot of car for the money spent. Well let me tell ya that didnā€™t last long at all 9 months later we were driving a brand ne Mazda......and I vowed never to by that crap again.
In the time we owned it, everything just got loose, the steering all of the interior panels rattled, the driver and passenger power seats stopped working randomly, the passenger air bag seat sensor stopped sensing people sitting in the seat, honestly I couldnā€™t get out fast enough. Took a bath on that car because it didnā€™t hold any value what so ever (maybe that has changed). But having in the service dept 2-3 days out of a 7 day week really was cutting it.
Good luck,

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd go with an Audi if I were you. At least drive one. Something with the letter "S" in the name.

If your complaints were about AWD versus RWD I wouldn't have replied, but since build quality is extremely important to you...

....Audi, not Kia.

And if you can't afford the sporty Audis, buy a cheaper one. You are prioritizing build quality over performance. Just give in to your preferences. You will be happier IMO.
I would like to agree with this sentiment, I really would. I do like the look of the Audi S's. In fact a S3 is plenty big for my needs (I could get away with a 2 seater 99% of the year), but upon scouring the internet, using "rattle" and "Audi S*" I still find a good number of complaints. I'm not sure I'm willing to double down on a finance deal if I don't have utmost faith :S

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Why canā€™t ford US have decent build quality. Are they training the workforce? Is there no pride in doing a proper job? Are they not paying a decent salary?
I have the same thoughts. Panel gap issues and some obvious flaws in rubber seals and the window on mine are evidence of this. It does not take any more time for someone on the assembly line to notice these obvious flaws. It might take a few minutes longer for them to actually care enough to choose not to use that bit of rubber stripping that is damaged, or that scratched glass, or actually align a panel correctly. Do they care enough to build in a little bit of QC? AC evaporator or engine failures are a separate parts issue that needs to be addressed but is not the fault of the build teams.

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The wife and I bought a Kia in 2008 brand new ( I know that was ten years ago, not sure how much has changed ) exactly what I said to people when we bought, wow you get a lot of car for the money spent. Well let me tell ya that didnā€™t last long at all 9 months later we were driving a brand ne Mazda......and I vowed never to by that crap again.
Regarding this, think of most average interiors in 2008, they were all pretty terrible across the board except a few exceptions and probably German cars.

My wife's 2013 Santa Fe literally has broken panels (her friends like to catch their shoes on the lower plastic panels on the seats and break them, not a fault of the car, and even with that I don't notice many if any creaks or rattles in it - now pushing 5 years. That being said, one could say just drive her car, but I don't like driving ANY SUVs lol.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
This threads comments along with so many other posts show how Kia is stepping up their brand. You say Kia Stinger and people come back with Audi S cars, other threads say BMW m cars and AMG and stuff. lol a Kia and people want to recommend german lux cars at some 10-30k more then a stinger. Kia is getting exactly where they want to be

OP
OP
RevvdMedia

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This threads comments along with so many other posts show how Kia is stepping up their brand. You say Kia Stinger and people come back with Audi S cars, other threads say BMW m cars and AMG and stuff. lol a Kia and people want to recommend german lux cars at some 10-30k more then a stinger. Kia is getting exactly where they want to be
You know what, that is funny and true. Sure, the Stinger in it's purest form sits in a somewhere niche spot - 5 door liftback sedan. That aside, under the "Kia stigma" it should be more commonly compared to the Fusion Sport 2.7, Taurus SHO, Buick Regal GS, Dodge Charger R/T AWD. Kudos to the marketing if nothing else...lol

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Everything you stated about the Mustang is nothing new, Its been like that since the fox bodies. Thats why they remain cheap compared to the "great build quality" cars with level of performance you get out of it. If youre so obsessed with chasing down every little creak and rattle instead of driving it then maybe this car was never meant for you to begin with.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
I feel the same way OP. My brother had a 2006 v6 and a 2012 GT. The 2006 would build up water and flood the interior but not until he'd handed the car down to me in 2012. The 2012 GT mechanically flawless with no rattles. Its only problem is people like to drive into it.

2015 GT pp had the ac replaced at 23k miles, wasn't put back together correctly, rattles, the rearview mirror needs to be adjusted from rattling out of place every other time I get in, the rubber around the doors is very poorly done, and I just had to take it in for the AC cutting off in stop and go Houston traffic in what the car said was 101 degree heat. Oh, and the seats are super uncomfortable in comparison to either of the other mustangs.

Is it fun to go fast? Yes. Does it look and sound cool? Uh huh. Have I picked up a ton of chicks in it? You bet your sweet ass I haven't. But, the Kia Stinger looks better and better every day. Also the Genesis G70, Hyundai Veloster turbo/N.

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
I would get a used Audi or even a 320i with AWD.
My friend had a BMW 3xxi. He explained it was junk and one of his greatest regrets in life. Or something slightly less melodramatic but essentially the same.

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
I do want to say lol, you dont use the AC for fear it may go out lolol, thats like those people that put towels over everything so the next owner can enjoy the interior lol.
More than that, not using the AC regularly will cause it to fail. The air needs to be used at least once a month all year long... it doesn't matter where the temperature is set, just as long as you let it run for awhile.
Sponsored