Mustang GT way too loud now

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Hey so here we are I had a Corsa Double Helix H-pipe and needed something more but now i got Steeda Axle-backs and now i think its a tad bit too loud now is there something i need to do maybe it needs to be broken in or maybe adding the resonator back idk its just 10x louder lol or maybe adding some block off plates with holes somewhere. Ideas?
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Hey so here we are I had a Corsa Double Helix H-pipe and needed something more but now i got Steeda Axle-backs and now i think its a tad bit too loud now is there something i need to do maybe it needs to be broken in or maybe adding the resonator back idk its just 10x louder lol or maybe adding some block off plates with holes somewhere. Ideas?
Corsa Touring axleback. Better, more refined tone and no drone :)

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Do you have longtubes or stock headers with cats?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I wouldn't think that combination is too loud. Pull up beside someone running the Roush H or X pipe and the Roush Axle-backs and you will hear what loud can sound like. I would suggest trying to add the resonator back and see if that tones it down enough for you. Are you saying it is too loud in the car, or from the outside?

Sponsored

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't think that combination is too loud. Pull up beside someone running the Roush H or X pipe and the Roush Axle-backs and you will hear what loud can sound like. I would suggest trying to add the resonator back and see if that tones it down enough for you. Are you saying it is too loud in the car, or from the outside?
yeah maybe adding the resonator back will help but personally it sounds like I’m asking to get pulled over

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm running the Steeda H-pipe and axle-backs and I haven't had any cops say anything to me. I have had people young and old, say it sounds good and have become a conversation piece with the older folks telling me how it reminds them of some 1960's this or that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
I'm running the Steeda H-pipe and axle-backs and I haven't had any cops say anything to me. I have had people young and old, say it sounds good and have become a conversation piece with the older folks telling me how it reminds them of some 1960's this or that.
mind sending me a video some how lol maybe having the corsa h pipe makes it a lot louder what you think

4leghorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
yeah maybe adding the resonator back will help but personally it sounds like I’m asking to get pulled over
If a cop pulls you over tell them it’s the sound of freedom but realistically can’t u just control the throttle I’ve got the atak and it normal mode it’s not loud in sport and track it’s louder. I’ve heard cars louder than mine and driven pass plenty of police and no problems.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah..my roush setup is pretty loud. Gets a lot of compliments though.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a Steeda H Pipe w/ Roush AB. It is loud but I get compliments from young and old about how good it sounds.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
I personally rock the Corsa Touring/Sport's and love the refined, clean sound. It's just an all around smooth, burbly crispness that doesn't have the harshness of many of the other systems. I had Roush before which was nearly as refined sounding but definitely rowdier.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...gt-coyote/exhaust/axlebacks/corsa-performance
Sponsored