Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my car about a month, I have had 3 encounters, might as well share..

Second day I had it, a guy in a newer gen SHO wanted to get some rolls in, so I always agree, we did 2 good ones with me just steadily pulling on him.. I had about a car or car and a half when I let off... after the second one he just mashed the gas and drove off into the sunset.

Another morning I was on my way to work and this blacked out Benz was so loud and obnoxious.. We caught the same light and went for it on green.. he was gone, I never had a chance. Later up the road we tried a roll.. while it went slightly better, he was still gone.. still had no shot. I never was able to see exactly what it was, I am not a Benz fan so I don't know the models, I just know he blew my fu*king doors off.

The other day I was on my way to work again and a clapped out S10 with a giant cowl hood wanted to do a few runs.. it was very loud and sounded mean.. we did two shorter runs, both with me pulling him on the hit and he was sticking right at my rear tire.

Obviously these all took place on a closed course ;)

On a side note, right before I traded in my 2018 WRX w/ just a tune, I had a run in with a s550 5.0.. sounded mean as all hell.. he came up on me and down shifted, I told my GF, get ready for me to get slaughtered.. well I don't know what happened but we went from 2nd to the top of 4th (for me) and we were side by side the whole time. I don't know if he missed a shift or two or what, we came up on the red light and I was looking over to talk to him and see what happened, but he would not look over at me... but I know I should have got smashed on that one, but still made me happy for the day, haha.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Raced a c8 vette, 60-120 mph. Got about 3-4 cars on him in that pull (approximately 4 seconds lol im whippled 770 rwhp). Hella sexy specced vette though, white with black accents etc

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Should I have beaten a 15-17 centri mustang. I met up with a couple of mustangs and one chose to play. Great looking cars and the one that had a blower was the one that came after me. I passed him and gave him a wave and he pulled in behind me. I stomp it and slowly started to pull away, not far or fast but definitely was pulling on him. Does this sound right? I am fbo and trap I. The 123-125 range best pass with good weather was 11.09

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Should I have beaten a 15-17 centri mustang. I met up with a couple of mustangs and one chose to play. Great looking cars and the one that had a blower was the one that came after me. I passed him and gave him a wave and he pulled in behind me. I stomp it and slowly started to pull away, not far or fast but definitely was pulling on him. Does this sound right? I am fbo and trap I. The 123-125 range best pass with good weather was 11.09
You pulled on it so, ya. I beat a TT camaro as an NA GT. We talked later and he said he's having troubles with his tune. I'd say that's the understatement of the year LOL. Anything can be a factor, take the win.

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Raced an auto Stock ScatPack, in a 6 speed 91 bama tune, LTH, and catback; was pretty even from 40, and 60 roll with me barely pulling on him at the top end but I got absolutely dusted from a dig.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
If you are auto and he was manual, that could make sense

Sponsored

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
If you are auto and he was manual, that could make sense
From a dig a FBO A10 is very dangerous to manual FI cars if they don’t get the launch and early shifts right. From a roll, though, for two Mustangs it’s largely a HP contest and the 15-17 centri would have to be lowish power to lose even given the A10 bonus factor. Still, nice kill!

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's been a long dry spell, but, today I merged onto the interstate next what looked like a near new, Porsche 911 Carrera 4-S.

We were in traffic and he was a few car lengths behind when he gassed it shot around me and a line of traffic and I thought, "OK, see ya later".

He got off at my exit onto another highway and I got behind him for a few miles. He kept hitting the throttle and I just stayed back.

As luck would have it, I passed him when he got behind slow traffic. Then the road opened up and low and behold, no traffic, long clear road ahead with wide shoulders.

Saw him run up to me and just as he got even we both hit it.

It was over from the start, I pulled him about 4 lengths before I let out. He pulled up and waved!

Cool guy!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Saw him run up to me and just as he got even we both hit it.

It was over from the start, I pulled him about 4 lengths before I let out. He pulled up and waved!

Cool guy!
These are the best runs. Win or lose just be cool :)

My buddy just bought a 2500hp viper acr. Can’t wait to race him. And go for a ride.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Not at all surprised, my first Mustang was a 2005 GT that I installed a centri blower on making 468rwhp. The car was a beast off the line but lacked a lot of get up and go while rolling. I really detested it to the point of selling it and putting a PD blower on my next Mustang.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2500hp.

I can't even imagine that . . . . . . :rockon:
Sponsored