Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
This story is not a surprise, but an amusing occurrence.

My 500 is my only car, but I work remote. It's stock for now, but I have some mods in the mail, and some sitting in my house waiting to be installed. anyway...

I was enjoying some 'spirited driving' going home after meeting up with a friend. On the highway an older guy in a white c7 grand sport goes around me and gives me a look that I can tell he feels his corvette is much better than my 500.

... We had like 6 'rolls' ...

It was the must amusing and satisfying thing seeing his behavior/mood swing from smug, to shock, to excuse-rationalization, to disbelief, and finally defeat.

Side-bit: I dusted a c7 grandsport in my 2019 a10 GT with exhaust only, months prior to this. I know full well from first hand experience he stood no chance. I just wanted to kind of "bully" him in the first place.

Eventually it came time that I had to stop putting football fields on him. I got off the highway to get gas and turn around to go home as I had long passed my exit.

The whole time he never noticed the snake or knew what it represented. I still remember laughing at him after the third football field I put on him, when he was yelling "You're not stock!!! I'm stock!!!" ... yeah buddy, almost there.

I just know he went home broken seeing his dream car get torched so badly by ... some young guy in a mustang. (I'm in my 20s and look even younger)
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was cruising on I-20 west bound on a Sunday drive and had a C-7 practically the same color as mine (blue) with a Texas plate pulling up on me.

I heard him gear down as he was pulling along side I barely had enough time to put mine in Sport+.

Would not have made any difference, I immediately gapped him and put about 6 - 7 car lengths on him in no time.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Dang looks like a lot of people are beating Hellcats, C7s and C8s. Just wondering How many of you are taking it to the dragstrips and seeing the same results?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Dang looks like a lot of people are beating Hellcats, C7s and C8s. Just wondering How many of you are taking it to the dragstrips and seeing the same results?
I do.. :) I haven't raced a C8 yet but I've seen a few. At the track they are 11.5's on a good night. I see Hellcats run 12's all the time here. I'm just happy that I actually *go* to the strip. I know how to tree people when I'm there. Also helps that when I *roll* race, my car can gap most of those models.

Raced a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost tonight. He wanted to go so I put the exhaust in *noise* and gapped him. He was all smiles when he finally got next to us. Was a good time.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see, things I've beat.

997 GT3 Cup S
991 GT3
C5 Z06
C6 Z06
C7 Z06
C7 ZR1
C8
E46 M3
E92 M3
F82 M4
GT4
Viper ACR Competition
Viper ACR-E
ZL1 1LE

So the person waved us all on, and then we did an out lap, and then they waved a green flag, so we pushed the gas really, really hard. Then we drove like crazy fast, and made lots of noise, taking turns running each other off the road until the fastest car was in the front. I guess it went pretty good, I went by some guy like really fast and at the driver's meeting, he was like "whoa, dude, that's a fast Mustang!" and I was like "yeah, it is a fast Mustang, thanks!"

10/10, would race again in my Mustang... might even do it this upcoming weekend.

Sponsored

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
I had a few races last week. The first one was a masserati ghibli s4. The first run He stayed with me through first and second gear almost dead even but from 3rd I started pulling away pretty hard, second race was exactly the same.

I finally lined up with a hellcat (challenger) and from a stop he didn't want to race, which sucks because i prefer to race from a stop never a roll. I kept going slow trying to reel him in to see if he wanted to race and he finally hit the gas in second, he was pulling on me but surprisingly slowly. I always thought I couldn't be competitive with a hellcat due to the power difference but it was close enough that I was happy even though I lost lol.

The same night I raced a 2019 mustang gt, the first race was from a roll and I was pulling on him but not too bad. The second race was from a stop and the drag radials probably came into play here, we took off at the same time and my car shot out in front of his by a car and kept pulling as we went. I Wound up maybe a car and a half ahead of him. He complimented me on my shifting and we say bye. The mustang guy was nice, the guy in the masserati was cussing loudly for some reason lol. :angel:
Was that Maserati stock?

RazorRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack 1
lol, raced a random lamborghini on the Hwy (maybe it was a 2020-21 ) and got smoked in like 3 seconds.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Was that Maserati stock?

I don't know, it was just some guy I ran across. He didn't seem like he was in the mood to chit chat about the cars afterward lol.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
20 something SS Camaro convertible chased me down and managed to be right next to me at a light. He took off like a bat out of hell. Probably got to 30mph before I realized he was serious. Oops. Took him to gapplebees

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I pulled onto I-20 today and a 392 Scatpack in dark gray (love that color) was right there in the inside lane. I thought, hey, if' he's game, I'm game.

He guns it front of me a few times and after a short distance I get along side. We hit it at the same time and much to my shock, he pulled me about a fender length from the get go. I managed to ease by him, but it was pretty close.

This particular 392 was definitely not stock. I ran a Hellcat a few weeks back and handily distanced it.

This 392 was much faster than that Hellcat.
Probably a turbo kit, there's a few out there. The engines won't last with them, but they are fast for a while lol

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ice445,

I think you may be right. When I glanced in my rear view as he was pulling along side I thought he's got a really low air dam. Could have been an intercooler, but I can't say for sure.

One thing's for sure, it was fast since I didn't pull him by much.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Got spanked by some fancy 4 door car called LUCID while In a relatives Z06 Corvette. It was embarrassingly not even close.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Got spanked by some fancy 4 door car called LUCID while In a relatives Z06 Corvette. It was embarrassingly not even close.
I didn't realize they are 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. 520 mile range... 20 minutes for 300 mile charge (I don't know much about EV world, but that sounds good to me).

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I didn't realize they are 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. 520 mile range... 20 minutes for 300 mile charge (I don't know much about EV world, but that sounds good to me).
Nearly anything can be achieved if you throw enough money at it.
Sponsored