Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i havent read through all 53 pages but y is it every old clapped out silverado always trying to race? lol... i usually dont cause my kids in car but damn..it happens almost every time i drive... Tn thing? idk...
not a TN thing. the cars that are most aggressive around me are pickups, chargers, and low budget rice. not the ricers that are actually done well, stylistically and likely power wise, but the idiot with an altima or something with a can muffler and an unpainted body kit. they love to show me how their 119 hp fart can sounds :cwl:

• Haha
Reactions: Ock

RedBased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Base
I like your honesty. A lot of people don't give the M cars the credit they deserve. I am sure there will be people that will say no way the M4 could walk your car but I think most of those people have never run up against an M driver that will really race the car. Us manuals, have to be careful with those M cars. Now from a roll, it can be a different story.
Saw a M5 today with a tag "V10PWR" (can't remember exactly). He started stalking me in evening traffic. Idk the year, but generally what are the specs?

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Oh wow. Interesting
They can fly but need to be wound up. And the V10 can sound like a F1 race car with the right exhaust work. The SMG transmissions are epically awesome but cost easily 25k to fix. Just another great BMW car you lease to avoid repair bills when close to 100k miles.

Sponsored

RedBased

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Base
They can fly but need to be wound up. And the V10 can sound like a F1 race car with the right exhaust work. The SMG transmissions are epically awesome but cost easily 25k to fix. Just another great BMW car you lease to avoid repair bills when close to 100k miles.
That is insane.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Was taking my weekend Sunday drive this morning and spotted a red SS Camaro with a huge wing on the trunk. I pulled alongside and it was one of those guys with lots of decals on the windows (signifying his upgrades I presume). It sounded really good and I must say it was pretty fast.

I gave him the jump (about a car length) and I pretty quickly reeled him in and gapped him by 2+ car lengths. We gave each other the thumbs up after we scrubbed off some speed.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
not sure why but i had some dude in a toyota camry TRD riding my ass the other day. i was going 48 in a 35 so moved over and let him by but before passing he matched my speed and then downshifted. i look over to give him the wtf look and he took off. just confirms what TRD is short for.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
not sure why but i had some dude in a toyota camry TRD riding my ass the other day. i was going 48 in a 35 so moved over and let him by but before passing he matched my speed and then downshifted. i look over to give him the wtf look and he took off. just confirms what TRD is short for.
He wanted to hit the NOS hahaha!

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
The old M5 BMWs are a maintenance nightmare. That is one BMW I would avoid. They are pretty quick for their time.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The old M5 BMWs are a maintenance nightmare. That is one BMW I would avoid. They are pretty quick for their time.
A good friend got one because it was his dream car. Not 8 months of ownership and it started falling apart on him. He nearly spent what he bought it for before giving up and moving on. Was a great 6 or so months though.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
A good friend got one because it was his dream car. Not 8 months of ownership and it started falling apart on him. He nearly spent what he bought it for before giving up and moving on. Was a great 6 or so months though.
I wouldn't hesitate to take my n54 335 to 200k+ miles without worrying about it. The V10 M5s were only good to 50k miles when the warranty expired. lol. That's why you can get them pretty cheap now even though they were around 90k new.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I wouldn't hesitate to take my n54 335 to 200k+ miles without worrying about it. The V10 M5s were only good to 50k miles when the warranty expired. lol. That's why you can get them pretty cheap now even though they were around 90k new.
I wish you all the luck and trouble free miles with your BMW. In my experience, from Mini to M5 to another friend's E30, all fall apart around 100k miles.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
took me a minute to figure out wtf i actually came across a few days ago. at first from far behind i thought it was a VW sporty sedan of some sort, but didnt recognize it as i got closer. then i saw the badge and didnt recognize it. had a carbon fiber hood and almost looked like a subaru for a minute too. but the exhaust sure as shit let me know it was a v8. i was thoroughly confused. finally figured out what i think it is, this Holden Commodore. i know of Holden, the monaro/GTO, and some of the other holden and GM cars but i had never seen this one. the badge was definitely Holden, and not Chevy SS.

pretty cool guy driving, just cruised a bit and finally had a go at it. pulled on him pretty well but i was more focused on figuring out just what in the hell i came up on. have to admit it looked and sounded really nice in person. same color orange as in the article linked. looked to have aftermarket exhaust, and the brakes were gigantic brembos, not sure if they were factory or aftermarket. car also had a great stance, looked lowered. definitely something you dont see every day!

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...oser-with-reveal-of-new-holden-commodore-ss-v
I'm more amused at your determination to figure out what it is. I can safely say I relate 😄

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Off the light with a Tesla model X (not sure pack/motor) the other day. I didn't launch hard but DANG. Them boys are quick. He let off around 75 MPH. I feel like If we ran to 130 maybe you could come around but I have a slow manual and some regard for public safety. Fun to see those grocery getters move out. Kinda makes me want a Mach E for a daily.
Eh, idk if the Mach E is quite there yet. The GTs are in the wild and the trap speed I saw posted was 100 mph. That's... idk what happened but that's really low. There's some odd gearing going on with those. I was hoping for a bit more from a 60k vehicle with the Mustang, Mach, and GT badge stamped on it.
Sponsored