Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
You keep saying this. Slips or it didn't happen. A Whipple is a "bolt-on" for the Coyote. A Hellion kit requires no fabrication, and includes everything you need to install it. That's a "bolt-on", ladies and gentlemen. What exactly constitutes a "bolt on and tune F80"? My money (or rather their money) says its a hell of a lot more in the car than anyone would consider "bolt-on". What kind of PSI are we talking here? How many supporting mods need to go in to keep everything from exploding. The myth of "German Engineering" needs to die. I say it dies today, right here, right now.
I've seen manual e85 gen 3 cars slap down tuned M4's. No idea what you need to do to get 600hp or what "bolt ons" will make you untouchable with the BMW, but I'm just sharing what I've seen. It's not like I'm implying they're slow either, the gen 3 coyote is just really good for an NA engine. Throw on a turbo and its game over.
Guys.... FBO for a BMW is actually pretty basic and fairly cheap . Whether it's a M3, 335, 550, X5 50i, etc. You can go full bolt on with any of these cars for around $2,000. It consists of intake, tune, down pipes, intercooler. That's it! This will take a 2015 M3 from 425 crank HP to 600 WHP and put it in the 10s. I'm not sure the boost numbers on the M3, but this setup raised my boost on my 335 from 8Lbs (stock) to 20 LBs tuned. It gave my 335 150+ Hp in gains and over 200 ft LBs. 600 WHP is going to be more than a Bolt on 5.0 is going to be able to handle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly know you talk out of your ass lmao, and you get beat by v6 mustangs with cold air intakes 😂
Lotta talk for some random. Let's see if you measure from behind ur balls & show your slip skippy.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Guys.... FBO for a BMW is actually pretty basic and fairly cheap . Whether it's a M3, 335, 550, X5 50i, etc. You can go full bolt on with any of these cars for around $2,000. It consists of intake, tune, down pipes, intercooler. That's it! This will take a 2015 M3 from 425 crank HP to 600 WHP and put it in the 10s. I'm not sure the boost numbers on the M3, but this setup raised my boost on my 335 from 8Lbs (stock) to 20 LBs tuned. It gave my 335 150+ Hp in gains and over 200 ft LBs. 600 WHP is going to be more than a Bolt on 5.0 is going to be able to handle.
Are you seriously trying to present a VALUE argument for a car that costs literally double that of a Mustang GT? Put down the crack pipe, lol. You seem so hung up on this "600whp with bolt ons" hype for the BMW like it's in any way equivalent to an NA Coyote with bolt ons. Then you don't want to include an FI comparison because it's "too expensive" while completely ignoring the base cost of the car you're praising. No offense but this is just nonsensical.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
FWIW my car is manual and all bolt on and I haven't lost yet to a bmw of any kind lol. I've only owned 1 bmw and it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. 2 weeks after purchase an oil leak caused the belts in the engine to shred. Fortunately I didn't have to pay the damages and I immediately got rid of it. This was after everyone told me not to buy one because they aren't reliable. But of course I thought I knew better lol.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Somehow this thread always loops back to BMWs.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
FWIW my car is manual and all bolt on and I haven't lost yet to a bmw of any kind lol. I've only owned 1 bmw and it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. 2 weeks after purchase an oil leak caused the belts in the engine to shred. Fortunately I didn't have to pay the damages and I immediately got rid of it. This was after everyone told me not to buy one because they aren't reliable. But of course I thought I knew better lol.
Yeah, you just haven't ran the right ones lol. I used to say the same when I was randomly running up on stock ones. Theres plenty here that come out that will run over any FBO E85 10r80 car. A 15-17 would have no shot. Reliability wise though, I agree.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
lmao your a funny guy ass talker
Who gets beat by v6
Yup. Those 3000 horse GTR's beat up on me all day. I gotta feeling you're that butthurt dork I put in his place on FB. Go play somewhere else chevette girl.

Last edited:

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
lol...I don’t think there ARE any BMWs in Modesto :cwl:

Then you clearly haven't been anywhere near California lol. I would use the term infested. The guy across the street has 4 of them.

Yeah, you just haven't ran the right ones lol. I used to say the same when I was randomly running up on stock ones. Theres plenty here that come out that will run over any FBO E85 10r80 car. A 15-17 would have no shot. Reliability wise though, I agree.

And I know people with supercharged stangs that would mow them over lol. It's all about who you come across. Its like a honda guy saying that a civic can beat a gt then proceeds to show you a youtube video of some full blown race civic from some guy he doesn't know beating a stock gt. My supercharger will be coming before the end of the year so eventually my car will be up there with the rest. :party:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Then you clearly haven't been anywhere near California lol. I would use the term infested. The guy across the street has 4 of them.
au contraire mon frere...I have spent my share of time in Molesto, used to lived just down the road in Tracy from 2004-2012 :wink:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Years ago in my 2011 GT500 I did a freeway pull with a random BMW. It was a 5 or 7 series but all custom and no badges. Hilarious to me as I went in to 3rd and took off and got about 1/2 car lead and then this deep purple with lots of metal flake custom BMW thing just slowly walked by me. I was looking at the floored pedal to the tach and speedo to the BMW and back to the pedal. My car was stock and theirs obviously wasn't. Only race I lost the GT500.
Sponsored