Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I started out with a 69 GTO, back in 79. That was pretty raw, but my son's 2020 Mustang EcoBoost could outrun it.
Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I love those old cars too, but the base Mustang would outrun an original Shelby GT 500. The new GT 500....nothing from the sixties could compare.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
nothing from the sixties could compare.
Ken Miles & his GT40 went 3:33 @ Le Mans with 1960's tires. Imagine with modern tires with nothing else changed.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
I love those old cars too, but the base Mustang would outrun an original Shelby GT 500. The new GT 500....nothing from the sixties could compare.
1965 427 Cobra.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
He could probably have done better than that in a modern Camry
Wow, really ? :rolleyes: The FORD GT at Le mans ran 3:27. Your not giving the old stuff enough credit guy.

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
:yawn:

A Toyota Camry traps faster than most of the "raw horsepower" from the early 60's.
That's good to know.lol I am going to tune my Camry when the new D3 Performance tuner comes out the end of the month. :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
:yawn:

A Toyota Camry traps faster than most of the "raw horsepower" from the early 60's.
I think he meant the golden years because that's when the golden girls were in their prime.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Played with an ML63 AMG. I started out easy in 1st like I often do and then hit it in 2nd but not all the beans, I was just driving and having fun. Next thing I know he was catching up to me and decided to play. I then wound it up and we stayed fender to fender and then we backed out of it. I’m betting he would have taken me had we stayed in it. I thought it might have been something when I saw the AMG badge but some people just slap those on. At the next stop I saw fender badging with “V8 biturbo” then I understood! What a sleeper lol.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Took a "therapy" spin in my Stage II Procharged 2018 A10 GT. In town, at a red light pulled up next to a brand new Mercedes E63, V-8 Twin Biturbo. Awesome looking car.

Light turns green and I give my Mustang a little gas - the E63 responded in kind. I was peddling for traction and I could tell he hooked.

I was nowhere near full throttle, and we stayed dead even for about a football field length. I have no idea if he was all the way in or not.

Hopefully we can cross paths again.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Competition BMW M4 was playing tag with me the other day. After a few miles of cruising in moderate traffic, the road was clear with no cars ahead.

M4 quickly pulled up beside me and I knew what he was looking for. We dropped the hammer at about 70 and it was over from the start.

I was about 5 car lengths ahead and still gapping him when I let off. Guy pulled beside me at 70 and we gave each other the thumbs up.

A Procharged GT is thing of beauty.

Last edited:

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Those BMW M3/M4 guys need to get over themselves. A 2018 GT+(especially the A10) just lays waste to them. Most of the time they don't look my way, and when they do, it doesn't end pretty for them.

I hear the 2022 with the pig nose grill has 503 hp and is 1 or 2 options away from $100k. Unbelievable!!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Those BMW M3/M4 guys need to get over themselves. A 2018 GT+(especially the A10) just lays waste to them. Most of the time they don't look my way, and when they do, it doesn't end pretty for them.

I hear the 2022 with the pig nose grill has 503 hp and is 1 or 2 options away from $100k. Unbelievable!!
Some of those BMW guys are pretty fast on-track. However the "fast" guys are rocking fully stripped down and caged dedicated track cars that are rollin in on trailers.

Completely understand that "some" and "most" or "all" are totally different things no matter what brand of car were talking about.

On a separate note, I could never do the bugs bunny grille no matter what the performance index.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Some of those BMW guys are pretty fast on-track. However the "fast" guys are rocking fully stripped down and caged dedicated track cars that are rollin in on trailers.

Completely understand that "some" and "most" or "all" are totally different things no matter what brand of car were talking about.

On a separate note, I could never do the bugs bunny grille no matter what the performance index.
On my local track there is a M2 Competition that even in stock form was seconds faster than my PP1 2017 GT . Now with slicks and suspension is over 6 seconds faster than me.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

The older m4 is a good match for an A10 GT, the new pig nose is 456hp, should be a bit faster.
On my local track there is a M2 Competition that even in stock form was seconds faster than my PP1 2017 GT . Now with slicks and suspension is over 6 seconds faster than me.
What does that mean though? If you swap cars with him it could be the same result. Driver mod is the #1 determining factor of track lap times lol
Sponsored