Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely with you in not buying an auto c7. I haven't had any problems with the manual, other than not trusting the wheels wouldn't crack.
I like the chevy manuals a lot better than mt-82 for sure. But my concerns extend to the chevy dct. I mean shit even their 6 speed autos have problems along with the 9 speed autos. AS lifelong chevy buyer I can say with confidence anything they produce that is somewhat advanced is troublesome,. My truck (just one example of many) is great in regards to the powertrain but pretty much every piece of tech is broken.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That's exactly why I will be in wait and see what happens mode for awhile.

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Although I am a Ford man, I keep track of the competition. The ZO6 is the flat plane version NA. The ZR1 is supposed to be a flat plane with twin turbos(or that 's what the rumors said). I have to admit that the C8 is the first Corvette I have seriously considered owning as a Ford GT will never happen for me. But seeing as you are on a months-long waiting list for a C8, it's not like I would wait that long if I was in the market.

I have seen a few Ford GT's in public(the Heritage edition is the best looking version), and it is an impressive car. I just wish it had a twin turbo V8 instead of the V6.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I like the chevy manuals a lot better than mt-82 for sure. But my concerns extend to the chevy dct. I mean shit even their 6 speed autos have problems along with the 9 speed autos. AS lifelong chevy buyer I can say with confidence anything they produce that is somewhat advanced is troublesome,. My truck (just one example of many) is great in regards to the powertrain but pretty much every piece of tech is broken.
It's a Tremec DCT, not a GM transmission. I don't know the history of Chevy transmissions well so I'm not disputing your experience with them, just clarifying the manufacturer of the C8 DCT.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Roush guy was ostensibly breaking the law and his act started the chain of events that led to the accident.

You bet they can charge him. He could reasonably be charged for the reckless driving, causing an accident, fleeing the scene of an accident, etc. Damn lucky no one was hurt (that we know of) or they will pile all sorts of other charges on top.

I dunno, maybe it is different in Canada, but in the US, I would be damned worried about the knock at the door.
That's ridiculous to say the Mustang started a chain of events that caused the accident. The mustang isn't responsible for the cops actions which caused an accident. Only the cop is at fault for that. You also can charge someone for simply leaving the scene of an accident. Fleeing the scene is when you were actually involved in the accident.

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Well, that is a different scenario. I don't think it is what happened here.

How about this: Someone in a high performance car leaving a gathering of other HP cars engages in an exhibition of speed by leaving hard at a light (breaking the law). A cop sees this and makes a quick turn (before hitting the lights) and is involved in an accident. The person leaving in the HP car is at fault for the accident and has the potential to face real charges. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Sure, the cop messed up too, but for the guy showing off the accident would not have occurred.
No, the officer has a duty to act in a responsible and safe manner. Just because you do something illegal and he decides to come after you doesn't make you responsible for his negligent actions, especially if it's only a traffic violation to begin with. Once you get into violent crimes, serious safety risks to the public etc., then you start getting into more grey areas, particularly during pursuits.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well guys, I done messed up. A few months ago I traded in my '18 GT with 10 speed auto for a '20 Tesla Model 3 Performance. First of all, there is no replacement for a rumbling v8 with a Borla catback setup. Alarming pedestrians and setting off car alarms is fond memory. Secondly, the M3P only has a single gear and does not pull like a GT stang past about 85mph. All that being said, this thing pulls from a dig like a slingshot. Launch reactions from my passengers have ranged from joy to laughter and even a panic attack. Nothing that has lined up so far has been able to keep up. Well til past 100+ lol. Silent but deadly.

My plan is to play with this toy for a while 'til we get more details on the S650 and I can get my hands on another V8. That or I'm getting a truck.

But remember street racing isn't legal. :crackup:

tenor.gif

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Had a Model 3 try to go the other day at the track. He ran an 11.5 but was never in the lead. Gapped him with a 10.9.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Came up on a new Audi R0 V10 and when he saw me in his rear view he started hitting the throttle and squirting in and out of traffic, something I won't do (not safe).

After a mile or so I was able to pull up in the next lane and get just in front of him. My license plate is custom (XLR ATE) and I have plate holder that says (SUPERCHARGED).

There was never a time when it was remotely safe to do anything, and I was not about to drive like a maniac in traffic. He crossed over the got off at the next exit.

He may have ripped me a new one, it would have been fun to find out, but I'll never know.

I guesstimate is my Stage II Pro-C is running around 625 at the wheels with my mods and I'm probably at 4100 pounds.

Weight of the R8 V10 is listed at 3900+ pounds and either makes 532 or 607 HP at the crank depending on how it's configured.

Hope to see him again some day.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Came up on a new Audi R0 V10 and when he saw me in his rear view he started hitting the throttle and squirting in and out of traffic, something I won't do (not safe).

After a mile or so I was able to pull up in the next lane and get just in front of him. My license plate is custom (XLR ATE) and I have plate holder that says (SUPERCHARGED).

There was never a time when it was remotely safe to do anything, and I was not about to drive like a maniac in traffic. He crossed over the got off at the next exit.

He may have ripped me a new one, it would have been fun to find out, but I'll never know.

I guesstimate is my Stage II Pro-C is running around 625 at the wheels with my mods and I'm probably at 4100 pounds.

Weight of the R8 V10 is listed at 3900+ pounds and either makes 532 or 607 HP at the crank depending on how it's configured.

Hope to see him again some day.
lol, you would smoke him

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol Audi claims 3.2 0-60 times, magazines say Audi is being conservative and are getting 2.9 0-60. I still bet it would be fun listening to it scream to that 8700 rpm redline, regardless if he is behind you or in front of you.

lol, you would smoke him

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
lol Audi claims 3.2 0-60 times, magazines say Audi is being conservative and are getting 2.9 0-60. I still bet it would be fun listening to it scream to that 8700 rpm redline, regardless if he is behind you or in front of you.
Those are skip to the roll race times...

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. 1 foot rollouts. Gay. Just like roll racing.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I saw an R8, V8 several months ago, and now I spot this R8 V10. I can't believe these cars are even in my area.

Would love to try them both one day.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.. 1 foot rollouts. Gay. Just like roll racing.
I don't see the correlation. Does someone get spanked after a roll race? I don't get it?
Sponsored