Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Roush guy could face charges for that I would think. Lucky no one was hurt. Maybe next time Roush guy won't be a douche leaving C and C.

If I were Roush guy, I wouldn't be answering any unexpected knocks at the door.
Roush guy doing something stupid doesn't also give the right for the cop to do something stupid and unsafe.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Roush guy was ostensibly breaking the law and his act started the chain of events that led to the accident.

You bet they can charge him. He could reasonably be charged for the reckless driving, causing an accident, fleeing the scene of an accident, etc. Damn lucky no one was hurt (that we know of) or they will pile all sorts of other charges on top.

I dunno, maybe it is different in Canada, but in the US, I would be damned worried about the knock at the door.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Nope. No lights. Means he didn't actually see anything that he could ticket for. He wanted to follow the guy to see if he did something with a high dollar amount attached to it. This wasn't about safety, It was about racking up charges.
Well, that is a different scenario. I don't think it is what happened here.

How about this: Someone in a high performance car leaving a gathering of other HP cars engages in an exhibition of speed by leaving hard at a light (breaking the law). A cop sees this and makes a quick turn (before hitting the lights) and is involved in an accident. The person leaving in the HP car is at fault for the accident and has the potential to face real charges. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Sure, the cop messed up too, but for the guy showing off the accident would not have occurred.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, that is a different scenario. I don't think it is what happened here.

How about this: Someone in a high performance car leaving a gathering of other HP cars engages in an exhibition of speed by leaving hard at a light (breaking the law). A cop sees this and makes a quick turn (before hitting the lights) and is involved in an accident. The person leaving in the HP car is at fault for the accident and has the potential to face real charges. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Sure, the cop messed up too, but for the guy showing off the accident would not have occurred.
Not so sure. I don't think courts give much weight to self serving testimony from anyone including cops if they have personal reasons to lie. So, those jurisdictions don't generally let cops write tickets for things they were involved in. And even courts are leery of testimony from other cops who say they saw something. Not dissing cops, just saying they are human and therefore some will stretch the truth to shift blame from themselves or help a buddy.

A cop rammed my new '89 5.0 in a parking lot. I wasn't even in the car. Another cop said he witnessed it and that I was speeding thru the parking lot. I demanded a supervisor who arrived, interrogated the cops and me and then asked me if I had a rope. I asked why and he said so he could string those two up. I'm sure mostly in the hopes I would be satisfied with them just fixing my car.

Point being, unless they have credible independent witnesses I doubt they would even issue a ticket for showing off.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The cop should have flipped his lights on immediately. They make U-turns all the time, so on the part of the driver there is no reasonable expectation that it was an attempted traffic stop. What if the Roush had simply been doing 5-7 over, then cop decides to make a stop and gets himself t-boned?

I have a friend who was driving his family around in their minivan and almost got taken out by a cop trying to stop a speeder. Had my friend not stood on his brakes they would have been in a major accident. So the cop almost took out a family just to make a traffic stop. I mean really, was the risk warranted?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That Corvette is sure consistent-but at least you got him. The rumored flat-plane/twin turbo upcoming Corvette should run in the 10's from the factory.

Maybe then Ford will finally offer the Coyote Ecoboost(twin turbo Coyote)

Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
That Corvette is sure consistent-but at least you got him. The rumored flat-plane/twin turbo upcoming Corvette should run in the 10's from the factory.

Maybe then Ford will finally offer the Coyote Ecoboost(twin turbo Coyote)
Or a Ford GT people can actually purchase....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see how long it will be before you can actually purchase one, given the supply issues they are having with the current Stingray.
Seems like a great car but after all their issues with their "Chevy shake" i would have trouble trusting Chevy enough to lay down that much money on a new one. Im just glad I didn't buy a auto c7

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am definitely with you in not buying an auto c7. I haven't had any problems with the manual, other than not trusting the wheels wouldn't crack.

Seems like a great car but after all their issues with their "Chevy shake" i would have trouble trusting Chevy enough to lay down that much money on a new one. Im just glad I didn't buy a auto c7
Sponsored