Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Blownmach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
19gt
Had an 80 roll with a second gen ctsv supposively had an intake pulley and exhaust......19gt stock with 10r80...stayed ahead until 135 when it shifted into 7th(315's) and he went sailing by....
Sponsored

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Ran a mustang, Dodge Challenger with a shaker hood, and a c7 corvette yesterday.
First run was with the challenger and the corvette. I didn’t know the corvette wanted to run as I was lining up next to the challenger and took off about two seconds before me and the challenger. So I am leaving the challenger in the dust and chasing the corvette down but had to let off due to the speed. He had about a 4-6 car length on me from the start and when I let off I was about two lengths behind him.
I think the dodge was stock but the corvette had at least a exhaust. And a lot of body modifications not that it would help him.
Second run was with a 2018+ mustang with a manual trans and sounded like a full exhaust not sure what else though. We were on a back road to start and he couldn’t pull on me. We ended up on the big road and got lined up and I put about 2-3 lengths on him. We gave our thumbs up and parted ways.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What are you driving? Your signature says S10 and soon to be 2019 Mustang.

Ran a mustang, Dodge Challenger with a shaker hood, and a c7 corvette yesterday.
First run was with the challenger and the corvette. I didn’t know the corvette wanted to run as I was lining up next to the challenger and took off about two seconds before me and the challenger. So I am leaving the challenger in the dust and chasing the corvette down but had to let off due to the speed. He had about a 4-6 car length on me from the start and when I let off I was about two lengths behind him.
I think the dodge was stock but the corvette had at least a exhaust. And a lot of body modifications not that it would help him.
Second run was with a 2018+ mustang with a manual trans and sounded like a full exhaust not sure what else though. We were on a back road to start and he couldn’t pull on me. We ended up on the big road and got lined up and I put about 2-3 lengths on him. We gave our thumbs up and parted ways.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
My bad I guess I should update that (signature doesn’t show up on my mobile). I have a 2018 pp1 auto with Lund e85 tune, injen cai and a Xpipe. Dynoed at 470hp and 440tq. Best 1/4 was 11.56@122 and stock tires spinning bad 1st through 3rd at a 2100da

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My bad I guess I should update that (signature doesn’t show up on my mobile). I have a 2018 pp1 auto with Lund e85 tune, injen cai and a Xpipe. Dynoed at 470hp and 440tq. Best 1/4 was 11.56@122 and stock tires spinning bad 1st through 3rd at a 2100da
planning in headers?

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I want the LTH brand catted. I’m ordering the mbrp street cat back today. I just don’t want my car to be too loud so I got to figure that out first.
For Christmas I’m going to get a drag pack setup of some sort.
little bullet resonators.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Got smoked by a Tesla coupe. Man she was fast (Yep, mid aged woman with fingerless driving gloves. I knew I was in trouble!).

Long entrance onto the interstate where two lanes merge into one at the end. Good half mile at least. She wanted to run and jumped a little and then held back for me to catch up. I didn't wait and mashed the throttle (first redline pull in the GT/CS for me). Got about 3/4 past her and she just floated away. Looked like a movie special effect.

I've only been scared of the speed of a car twice. Once was a 68 Chevelle and my first wet shot of nitrous and once in a Tesla on Ludicrous setting. I'd do the wet shot again in a heartbeat, that 'lectric car? Nope (not on the street anyway).

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Got smoked by a Tesla coupe. Man she was fast (Yep, mid aged woman with fingerless driving gloves. I knew I was in trouble!).

Long entrance onto the interstate where two lanes merge into one at the end. Good half mile at least. She wanted to run and jumped a little and then held back for me to catch up. I didn't wait and mashed the throttle (first redline pull in the GT/CS for me). Got about 3/4 past her and she just floated away. Looked like a movie special effect.

I've only been scared of the speed of a car twice. Once was a 68 Chevelle and my first wet shot of nitrous and once in a Tesla on Ludicrous setting. I'd do the wet shot again in a heartbeat, that 'lectric car? Nope (not on the street anyway).
You can always reel a Tesla in though, after 90/100 they start running out of steam while a GT really doesn't until well into the triples.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I had a few runs yesterday. First one was a Aston Martin vantage. It looked awesome. I tried to get him to run a couple of times but it was a no go. Then he was getting off at the next exit and I seen him coming up fast on me. I was about 10 cars ahead so I get on it and he never made it around me. I would have loved to got beside him and done it right but I didn’t get the chance. e gave me the thumbs up and parted ways.
About 10 mins later I ended up next to a Porsche Macan turbo. I passed him not thinking any thing and noticed he was pacing me about 4 cars back. So I hit it about 45mph and throw the back end out alittle bit. So he comes up beside me. We get on it and it wasn’t much of a race but it was fun he ended up behind me about 5 cars before I let out. Then we end up at a red light and he’s laughing and giving thumbs up. He looked young like 17 young. We go from a dig and he gets out on me about a car length or more cause I was just spinning(29 degrees at the time) but I come around him around 60. We wave and head our different ways.
And then the last races(about 5 times) was with a challenger scat pack. We lined up and I honk it off from around 65 and I had about a car and a half on him at 130. This went on a few times before he finally gave up. I gave him the hit the last 4 times with the same outcome but only a car between us. I’m not sure what he had done to it but he did a lot better than my friend who has the same car but with just a hellcat airbox and muffler delete. I usually put 2-3 lengths on him in the same type race.
It was a merry Christmas. 🎄👍🏻

Sponsored

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Was driving on the freeway and I see this Zl1-1le on the road, didnt think anything of it just thought it looked like a nice car. He pulls up next to me with his girl and guns it, I let him have his fun then he slows down for me to get up to him at normal highway speeds. Well now this MF asked for it, so i put my boost controller to 11 psi opened up the cutouts and dropped a gear and i see in my rear view mirror his girl laughing at him as i pull bus lengths on him. Didnt think this lil black 5.0 mustang had a lil somthin under the hood. Never saw him again he got off the next exit.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Was driving on the freeway and I see this Zl1-1le on the road, didnt think anything of it just thought it looked like a nice car. He pulls up next to me with his girl and guns it, I let him have his fun then he slows down for me to get up to him at normal highway speeds. Well now this MF asked for it, so i put my boost controller to 11 psi opened up the cutouts and dropped a gear and i see in my rear view mirror his girl laughing at him as i pull bus lengths on him. Didnt think this lil black 5.0 mustang had a lil somthin under the hood. Never saw him again he got off the next exit.
lol... How cute with his factory stock zl1.

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
This is awesome

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Had a really clean 90s V6 Camaro start toying with me the other day. Unfortunately the kid driving it, hat on sideways, looked like he just inherited it from an aunt or something. That car is going to end up in a junk yard in a couple years I think. I mean, it is just a V6 Camaro, but someone, somewhere, at sometime, really cared for this car because it was the cleanest F body Camaro I've seen in years. After he acted like a total idiot at every stop light doing mini burnouts, cutting people off, etc, I finally blew his doors off getting on the highway and left him to find someone else to screw with.
Sponsored