Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Funny thing about the GTR. My first day cruising with the car I had my buddy talking about how I could probably smoke everyone nearby when a GTR comes around the corner. We both started laughing as I thought how short lived that comment was. I didn't even bother trying.
The GTR is so damn fast its crazy. When I say I got eaten alive I mean it was like a kid on a bicycle racing a train at full tilt.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The GTR is so damn fast its crazy. When I say I got eaten alive I mean it was like a kid on a bicycle racing a train at full tilt.
I was cross shopping my Mustang with a GTR and was able to secure a test drive this car is out of this world insane. Mustang is fast but GTR is on another level completely.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
The GTR is a great car for sure and the all wheel drive gives it a big advantage, but it's acceleration can easily matched with a boosted Mustang or a 18-19 NA tuned. All able to break into the 10's.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Every man and his dog that pulls up next to me what to race. Granted, I am pretty sure they think my car is just stock unless they know who TickFord is.

But the look on thier faces when I am not really pushing hard and keeping up or pulling away is priceless.

We have different annoying drivers down here in Oz, mainly the VW Golf R crew and Commodores (now opels) The Occasional Euro will show off with their GF in the car when I let them take off like a bat out of hell, then destroy them when we meet up at the next set of lights.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I love racing S197 guys. They can't stand that my S550 is faster & quicker, and more 'Mustang' then there cars. Best one was against a gotta have it green s197. BOSS intake, BDS throttle body, air raid CAI, longtubes, x-pipe, pizza cutter front runners, 60 series reads on 15's. Use to be friends, after that he unfriended me from facebook, and no more chit chats at the meets LOL.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well I can ad a Hellcat redeye to the list for this year. They run 10.6s@131 with drag radials in +1500DA. I wasn't impressed.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Never seen a hellcat run faster than an 11.5 up in my neck of the woods. What do you guys use for traction juice? Superglue?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty damn impressed with a 10.6@131.
Its all what your used to. Todays fast street cars are all running 9s. Back in the 90s. If you had a 10 second car. You ruled the streets. Now bolt on camaros and Mustangs run that.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Its all what your used to. Todays fast street cars are all running 9s. Back in the 90s. If you had a 10 second car. You ruled the streets. Now bolt on camaros and Mustangs run that.
I get that, but mid 10s in a big heavy, fully equipped car is amazing to me. Not much you're going to come across on the street that will be able to compete.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I get that, but mid 10s in a big heavy, fully equipped car is amazing to me. Not much you're going to come across on the street that will be able to compete.
Again I disagree. That car is currently 100 grand. That kind of Cheddar buys a lot of go fast. If you want to talk about that kind of speed and warranties. That’ll muddy the waters a little. Collectibility comes into the conversation. That muddied it more. But from a pure go fast prospective. Naw. On a side note. Here’s a video of my wife racing a 9 second stage 2. 2018 Mustang from the same night. She’s getting good at the lights! The stage 2 ran a 9.9 to her 10.2. But she killed him at the tree.

Last edited:
Reactions: A7X

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
On a side note. Here’s a video of my wife racing a 9 second stage 2. 2018 Mustang from the same night. She’s getting good at the lights!
Not seeing the video.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Again I disagree. That car is currently 100 grand. That kind of Cheddar buys a lot of go fast. If you want to talk about that kind of speed and warranties. That’ll muddy the waters a little. Collectibility comes into the conversation. That muddied it more. But from a pure go fast prospective. Naw.
Dang, I didn't realize they were so expensive. I still thought they were 60 to 70k. Maybe I'm just easily impressed, but anything running 10s in my book is pretty damn fast.
Sponsored