Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

Billy1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That Corvette is sure consistent-but at least you got him. The rumored flat-plane/twin turbo upcoming Corvette should run in the 10's from the factory.

Maybe then Ford will finally offer the Coyote Ecoboost(twin turbo Coyote)

JasinEdward

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
That Corvette is sure consistent-but at least you got him. The rumored flat-plane/twin turbo upcoming Corvette should run in the 10's from the factory.

Maybe then Ford will finally offer the Coyote Ecoboost(twin turbo Coyote)
Or a Ford GT people can actually purchase....

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

m3incorp

Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Let's see how long it will be before you can actually purchase one, given the supply issues they are having with the current Stingray.
Seems like a great car but after all their issues with their "Chevy shake" i would have trouble trusting Chevy enough to lay down that much money on a new one. Im just glad I didn't buy a auto c7

m3incorp

Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am definitely with you in not buying an auto c7. I haven't had any problems with the manual, other than not trusting the wheels wouldn't crack.

Seems like a great car but after all their issues with their "Chevy shake" i would have trouble trusting Chevy enough to lay down that much money on a new one. Im just glad I didn't buy a auto c7

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely with you in not buying an auto c7. I haven't had any problems with the manual, other than not trusting the wheels wouldn't crack.
I like the chevy manuals a lot better than mt-82 for sure. But my concerns extend to the chevy dct. I mean shit even their 6 speed autos have problems along with the 9 speed autos. AS lifelong chevy buyer I can say with confidence anything they produce that is somewhat advanced is troublesome,. My truck (just one example of many) is great in regards to the powertrain but pretty much every piece of tech is broken.

m3incorp

Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly why I will be in wait and see what happens mode for awhile.

Billy1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Although I am a Ford man, I keep track of the competition. The ZO6 is the flat plane version NA. The ZR1 is supposed to be a flat plane with twin turbos(or that 's what the rumors said). I have to admit that the C8 is the first Corvette I have seriously considered owning as a Ford GT will never happen for me. But seeing as you are on a months-long waiting list for a C8, it's not like I would wait that long if I was in the market.

I have seen a few Ford GT's in public(the Heritage edition is the best looking version), and it is an impressive car. I just wish it had a twin turbo V8 instead of the V6.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I like the chevy manuals a lot better than mt-82 for sure. But my concerns extend to the chevy dct. I mean shit even their 6 speed autos have problems along with the 9 speed autos. AS lifelong chevy buyer I can say with confidence anything they produce that is somewhat advanced is troublesome,. My truck (just one example of many) is great in regards to the powertrain but pretty much every piece of tech is broken.
It's a Tremec DCT, not a GM transmission. I don't know the history of Chevy transmissions well so I'm not disputing your experience with them, just clarifying the manufacturer of the C8 DCT.

beetle6986

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Roush guy was ostensibly breaking the law and his act started the chain of events that led to the accident.

You bet they can charge him. He could reasonably be charged for the reckless driving, causing an accident, fleeing the scene of an accident, etc. Damn lucky no one was hurt (that we know of) or they will pile all sorts of other charges on top.

I dunno, maybe it is different in Canada, but in the US, I would be damned worried about the knock at the door.
That's ridiculous to say the Mustang started a chain of events that caused the accident. The mustang isn't responsible for the cops actions which caused an accident. Only the cop is at fault for that. You also can charge someone for simply leaving the scene of an accident. Fleeing the scene is when you were actually involved in the accident.

Advertisement

16 - CJ Pony Parts - 1

Advertisement