Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I am sure he would have waxed my grill.
If it was a 2015 and down R8 4.2 you woulda "waxed his grill" no problem. But if it was a 2016+ etron or 5.2 R8, He'll send you/me and most others a postcard when he gets there haha.
Sponsored

That427Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
C6Z06
Way more fun though. And I like competing against the A10s. Check out my video of me racing the FBO ported blower A10 ZL1 making 630/680. I like the excitement of knowing if I miss a shift I lose. I will admit that the new automatic transmissions are amazing though. When I road in my buddies A10 ZL1 the linear feel was awesome. His car felt faster than mine with the butt dyno but our races proved otherwise.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
If it was a 2015 and down R8 4.2 you woulda "waxed his grill" no problem. But if it was a 2016+ etron or 5.2 R8, He'll send you/me and most others a postcard when he gets there haha.
I found a really nice deal on a 2012 R8 V10 manual Spyder and was disappointed... it's slower than I expected. It certainly created an awkward moment having to tell the owner "It's a great car, but it's too slow". Pity, I really like the was the 2011 - 2012 models look. I bought the Mustang GT instead.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Too bad it wasn't a newer one :)

I found a really nice deal on a 2012 R8 V10 manual Spyder and was disappointed... it's slower than I expected. It certainly created an awkward moment having to tell the owner "It's a great car, but it's too slow". Pity, I really like the was the 2011 - 2012 models look. I bought the Mustang GT instead.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got into a quick run with a Hellcat charger and most likely a Modded one from the sound of the exhaust. Didn’t get a chance to do the whole 3 honks. He flies past me and slows back down to get beside me to race so I take off and he takes off, He starts to come up on me but the A10 and less weight got him. Traffic was ahead so I had let off he was at my back wheels.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
2020 BMW M850i Gran Coupe with temp tags. It is actually a 4600 pound awd 4 door sedan with 523/553 twin turbo 4.4 v8. Older gent with 2 passengers does fly by around me entering the hwy. I follow him until road clears up a bit and come up along the side pacing him 78-80 mph. After exchanging looks I drop the hammer from 80-120 mph. He appeared to start then let off quickly as I gapped him pretty quick taking the hit a tad early. By the time I hit the brakes he was 5-6 bus lengths. They only trap 116 ish (sea level) so he was not going to catch me. I’m sure from a dig up to 115 it would be a better race. Felt good to walk a 120k car none-the-less. ;).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
A Charger R/T tried to jump me at a multi-lane freeway entrance ramp from the dig. My A10 GT convertible may not be that fast, but that Charger was no trouble after about 30 feet.

ETAGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium
I've been looking for a validation race, putting 6 cars on an ecoboost F150 makes me happy but its not a validation race I've been looking for since I've been tuned. I walked away pretty easily 14/15 Camaro SS from 40, and 5.7 hemi's have no chance that I've run into, but I haven't run into anything in a month till the other day. I was behind a newer 17/18/19 (unsure) grand sport vette, it was an auto with exhaust(sounded good) on the express way, traffic cleared some got next to him, we were already doing 85ish so I manually in sport mode shifted down to 4th and let it rev out (A6 3.55) he gently pulled a car on me as I expected, I was happy but I know I had more to give from a slower roll. After we get by some traffic he slowed to 75 (70-75 my best roll) , no need for me to manually shift, I just let the car do its thing...I pulled a car on him almost immediately and kept him there till I let off at 140..Slowed we each waved and thumbs up....I was patting my car on the dashboard high fiving the steering wheel, he probably thought I was nuts ...SO pleased.

Stock, those vettes are 12.00 cars at 116. My car is very simple SVE catback, MMR light weight water pump pulley, Steeda light weight idler and tensioner pulley, AFE drop in, 19 GT CAI, and Livernois 93 race tune. Livernois has this 93 tune so dialed in...I cant say enough ...I've got less than $1300 into these mods and I cant believe the straight line performance and how well these parts work together. I raced one of these when I was completely stock and got gapped pretty bad same roll, revenge is nice.

Still looking for a 392 to run..

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My wife was surprised when a Hellcat (non-widebody Challenger) couldn't keep up with her.
Hellcats on the street are also easy pickins. At the track I watched 2 that could get out of the 14's in street trim lol.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I hate to say this but it doesn't sound like people are running up against cars that also have a tune and mods. Where I am at, there is a drag strip close by so you know that means a lot of modded cars in the area. The other thing is that once you start getting around the 100 mph zone, the brain kicks in and reminds you that it is a night stay in jail and a confiscated car, so many people will lift off and of course that means the other person wins :) Just something to think about.

I only run the ones that I think are attempting to do me harm and I need to run off and leave them in a safe place :)

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I've been looking for a validation race, putting 6 cars on an ecoboost F150 makes me happy but its not a validation race I've been looking for since I've been tuned. I walked away pretty easily 14/15 Camaro SS from 40, and 5.7 hemi's have no chance that I've run into, but I haven't run into anything in a month till the other day. I was behind a newer 17/18/19 (unsure) grand sport vette, it was an auto with exhaust(sounded good) on the express way, traffic cleared some got next to him, we were already doing 85ish so I manually in sport mode shifted down to 4th and let it rev out (A6 3.55) he gently pulled a car on me as I expected, I was happy but I know I had more to give from a slower roll. After we get by some traffic he slowed to 75 (70-75 my best roll) , no need for me to manually shift, I just let the car do its thing...I pulled a car on him almost immediately and kept him there till I let off at 140..Slowed we each waved and thumbs up....I was patting my car on the dashboard high fiving the steering wheel, he probably thought I was nuts ...SO pleased.

Stock, those vettes are 12.00 cars at 116. My car is very simple SVE catback, MMR light weight water pump pulley, Steeda light weight idler and tensioner pulley, AFE drop in, 19 GT CAI, and Livernois 93 race tune. Livernois has this 93 tune so dialed in...I cant say enough ...I've got less than $1300 into these mods and I cant believe the straight line performance and how well these parts work together. I raced one of these when I was completely stock and got gapped pretty bad same roll, revenge is nice.

Still looking for a 392 to run..
It's funny because I also like to run cars that outclass mine - Hellcats, 911 Turbo S, Z06s, twin turbo Viper GTS(!), etc., to see how I stack up. Most of the time it's only playing, as the majority of the times there hasn't been enough room to actually run. Last weekend I tried to run a turbocharged C5 Z06, but he would only play, wouldn't actually run me. I'm sure he would have walloped me, but it would have been cool to see where my bolt on A10 stacked up.

I also have yet to run a 392 Charger/Challenger.

Did you happen to weigh the Steeda light weight idler and tensioner pulley and compare them to the stock pulleys? I know the MMR water pump pulley is about 3/4 lbs lighter than factory...tough to swallow for $80 but I realize the rotational inertia gain is more like 2-3 times the actual weight of the rotating part since it spins so fast.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly how I feel. Raced a McLaren the other day. Wasn't to win, it was to see the McLaren run. Same thing with a GT3RS. I've had some conversations with guys afterwards who are surprised by how well the Mustang hangs.
Yep. Ran one of those newer Porsche GT-3 (?) Same result, he was surprised that I could at least keep up without him pulling on me like a freight train. BUT you beat one supercharged 3-valve and you get fucking slammed by all those 3-valve nutriders haha.
Sponsored