Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
2500hp.

I can't even imagine that . . . . . . :rockon:
Right?! WTF. Car has 3k miles and was $225k from what I understand.
Sponsored

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't usually race people but... when the clapped out mitsubishi eclipse is asking for it, you give him the beans. A lesson in modern v8 tech.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Went through the tunnel today and like normal I put it in track mode and revved the shit out of it. Poor Hellcat thought I wanted to race so he floored it. I was like oh, moparts wants to play. As I passed him I realized he had a big vinyl cat on his car that went from a snarl to a whimper.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To keep this thread going, here is what happened in the last 2 days:

I would guess a Charger with a V6 tried to run me from a red light. I never broke 4K and I did not generate any boost. Just for giggles, I held him by about a fender.

9-1-22 went for drive to gas up and made my usual loop. A late model vette got behind me at a LH turn lane to get on the Interstate.

We cruised pretty close together for a few miles until the road safely opened up. He pulled up on the left and we both hit it at about the same time.

I pulled him, but only by about a car length, which I am not used to. I figured out pretty quick he was not stock. We both backed down to cruise speed and he pulled along side and gave me a "thumbs up".

Wish I knew who he was, great guy!

Right now, I am at 18 and -0-. A boosted coyote is just plain incredible.

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Had the chance to do some highway pulls with a few buddies on our way to Woodward. We did our pulls from about 80km/h which for me translated to a 3rd and 4th gear pull. First car was a 2020 Corvette C8, completely stock. Man these cars can haul ass, even with the blower I was only able to pull maybe a bumper so to me that was a pretty even match.

Next was my buddy with his 2008 Shelby GT500, long tube headers, VMP High-Flow Elbow and custom tune. This was also a very close race and could have gone either way, we were bumper to bumper on all our pulls.

Last was my buddies 2008 Saleen S281, stock with all the Saleen goodies good for about 465hp, this was not even a close race as I pulled real hard and just kept getting further and further away.

My biggest challenge right now is launching the car off the line.... I need at least 1st and 2nd gear before I can catch up and pull on anything.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Had the chance to do some highway pulls with a few buddies on our way to Woodward. We did our pulls from about 80km/h which for me translated to a 3rd and 4th gear pull. First car was a 2020 Corvette C8, completely stock. Man these cars can haul ass, even with the blower I was only able to pull maybe a bumper so to me that was a pretty even match.

Next was my buddy with his 2008 Shelby GT500, long tube headers, VMP High-Flow Elbow and custom tune. This was also a very close race and could have gone either way, we were bumper to bumper on all our pulls.

Last was my buddies 2008 Saleen S281, stock with all the Saleen goodies good for about 465hp, this was not even a close race as I pulled real hard and just kept getting further and further away.

My biggest challenge right now is launching the car off the line.... I need at least 1st and 2nd gear before I can catch up and pull on anything.
Indeed those vettes are fast!

I was in Mexico and had a new C8 pull up beside me; the old guy had just as much grey in his beard as I did so when he asked "You want to go?" I figured why not?!?!

He pulled away on the line but once he got a 1/4 car length ahead I got some grip and started to walk past him. Those cars are very quick and light however in the end I was able to get him by about half a car length and he never made up the difference.

At the next light the guy rolled up both his windows on me and didn't even look over to say "Hey, nice ride" or anything. Guess he was a little upset at not walking a GT. I don't have any badges or anything that says "hey, it's Forced Induction time!" on my car other than the GT500 hood and GT500 spoiler; none of the Dodge guys even seem to notice that stuff so I guess the Chevy guys don't either.

One car that I really ate up was a white Audi R8. The older 550hp V10 model. You should have seen the look on those kids' faces when Daddy's beautiful white R8 got eaten by a Mustang! Priceless!!!! That car did sound glorious though. I could hear it over my own FI V8, with my windows up and it being a car length+ behind me; those things are loud AF.
Sponsored

Last edited: