Mustang GT vs GT-R

OP
OP

djeayzonne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2010 ford escape
Well, it's a decent 50 degrees today so I finally went for a test drive. The only GT on the lot actually has the ford racing exhaust installed. The performance and sound is just amazing and more than enough. I'm going to need to learn how to drive better for there to be any reason to want more. Will be ordering one very soon.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I drive an old 2003 cobra.

And I've beaten my fair share of GT Rs from a roll. And gotten whooped pretty badly exactly one time.
But from a dig, the AWD tilts the odds decidedly in that cars favor... At first.

The GT r is a consistent, refined, track car that will make you look like a good driver. Props to the car. It is an amazing machine. You can definitely mod your GT to beat it. But it depends on what you want in a car.

To me, the price of a GT with factory warranty, the exterior and interior design, and mod potential down the line make this decision a no brainer (for me). But I've also had enough trouble with used vehicles that I'll never go down that road again if I can help it.

Used for used, get the gtr. But in this comparison...

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
However, I much prefer owning a GT for a few reasons. Cost is one, less attention is another, and a few more. I will own another GT-R one day, but right now, for 70k (Canadian pricing) less than my GT-R I can enjoy a car that is about 90% as fun to drive, so it is a no brainer really.
This post made me laugh since its exactly how i felt. Cant yet compare gtr with the gt since we dont yet have the gt here, but looking forward to a test drive
Gtr was the fastest car i have ever owned, but it was boring and it attracted stupid amount of attention. It also felt heavy and very cramped inside.
Prefer a cheaper, more fun, more mechanically connected car for my future.
My suggestion would be GT with PP and Recaros, plus some modifying money then the used R35.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
I just stumble across this thread and it made me laugh... I get you guys love your GT but im sorry you can't compare it to the Nissan GT-R.. these cars are not even in the same league..Lol that 6 cylinder Turbo will rape a GT.. They can be tuned for monster power and they have AWD which is a huge advantage. This car is one of the cars that is living proof that there is replacment for displacement. It will beat even a supercharged GT because of its major AWD grip advantage.. That being said its extremely expensive to own, Insurance rate is through the roof and the maintenance cost can be very expensive as well..

Fisticuffs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Tri Coat Yellow
Kobe Bryant paid serious money about 5 years back to put a 6-speed manual in a Lamborghini I heard.
He also put a 6 speed auto in a lambo or Ferrari for his wife. I'm looking for more info on the web.

Sponsored

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the last two times I saw a GT-R it was on a tow truck. both times I asked the guy, what happened? he replies "transmission problems". I love the GT-R. it is out of my price range.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
The GTR and the Corvette are a marvel of engineering. But I love to hate both. Maybe its the ppl that drive them or that every youtube racer features one destroying everything on the road or quite possibly that I like to see the underdogs win. lol

RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby GT 5.0 Premium Fastback
As much as I would love to own a GTR I really could not opt to spend 65k or better on a used one. And the only real solid MY car to purchase is a 2012 or newer being all the latest updates have been done to that year car. And I see a lot of them in my area. Prob run into at least 1 a day so it not a rare car to say the least, also coming from 2 Lexus ISF's the more recent was a 2013 a lot of the baller F owners take the leap into a GTR. I could not see myself going that route and thought the new GT would make a great replacement along with ultimately lowering my car payment $100 per month along w insurance at almost $50 a month to boot.

Fisticuffs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Tri Coat Yellow
As much as I hate to say it the 2015 Nismo GTR would annilate a 15 GT. If I was in the GTR and a GT wanted to race I wouldn't waste the gas......were talking about a car that goes to 60 in 2.5 seconds and the quarter in the 10s stock all day. Not to mention in the turns it would be a bloodbath from a mustangs blood.

2faststang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989/2015 mustang
As much as I hate to say it the 2015 Nismo GTR would annilate a 15 GT. If I was in the GTR and a GT wanted to race I wouldn't waste the gas......were talking about a car that goes to 60 in 2.5 seconds and the quarter in the 10s stock all day. Not to mention in the turns it would be a bloodbath from a mustangs blood.
ehhhh i gotta say....

Once more people get FI on their 2015 mustangs "600 to 1000hp systems" and the videos get on youtube of the GTR's getting stomped on......they wont be worried about wasting gas they will be worring about loosing to a car 1/2 the price :ford:

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
ehhhh i gotta say....

Once more people get FI on their 2015 mustangs "600 to 1000hp systems" and the videos get on youtube of the GTR's getting stomped on......they wont be worried about wasting gas they will be worring about loosing to a car 1/2 the price :ford:
Blown and turbo Coyote powered Mustangs have been running around for 4 years. If there were a plethora of videos we would have seen them by now. GTR is an absolute animal and there is no denying that.

DarthLepard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I dont think they are a dying breed, but I just think they're going to be less and less available, especially in more expensive cars. Lets face it, most people that can afford one of those cars you listed are rich/old/and too busy fondling that hot blonde gold digger in the passenger seat to be concerned with clutching and shifting. haha
I would respectfully disagree, the manual trans box is on its way out. Modern day auto's are not only super reliable but they offer better performance, especially when considering the monstrous numbers modern cars are capable of putting out.....

That being said, I still think the manual is a better "feel" to driving, which is why I ordered one. But if I was really going to tweak for max performance, I would have ordered an Auto.....better launch, faster shifts, can take more power, more consistent runs down the lane, and get one with good paddle sifters and it can do just as good around a road course as well........damn it, maybe I should have ordered and Auto :(

ElLeon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
The
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Evolution IX
I had decided to buy the 2015 GT as soon as it got just a little warmer, but after reading all these other versus threads, I decided to take a quick look at what a used GT-R would cost.

Seems like you can get one with really low miles and already conservatively modded for around 65K.
A topic so done to death, even Jalopnik has written an entire article about the pitfalls of a used (cheap GT-R)

http://jalopnik.com/should-i-buy-a-cheap-used-nissan-gt-r-1686976802

OP
OP

djeayzonne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2010 ford escape