OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
How is a Camaro not a sports car but a m2 is? They compete in the same market, well kinda, cause the Camaro is the better "sports car".

https://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/92kjsealgb72
Size is why I consider the Camaro and Mustang to be more of "grand tourers" or "muscle cars" than sports cars. Hot take - they're big cars.
Admittedly it's a somewhat arbitrary definition but I'm sure I am not the only person who would classify these cars this way.
Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Size is why I consider the Camaro and Mustang to be more of "grand tourers" or "muscle cars" than sports cars. Hot take - they're big cars.
Admittedly it's a somewhat arbitrary definition but I'm sure I am not the only person who would classify these cars this way.
I guess, they are basically the same width but the m2 is shorter which makes it look stubby and ugly

Interesting metric, by your logic that Corvette is a muscle car too I guess. I would say the m2 is less capable than all of the above mentioned cars so weird to play the "sports car" card.

And not to mention how much more you pay for the m2, doesn't seem worth it all to me. I've driven all the m cars and found them all lackluster but to each their own.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I guess, they are basically the same width but the m2 is shorter which makes it look stubby and ugly

Interesting metric, by your logic that Corvette is a muscle car too I guess. I would say the m2 is less capable than all of the above mentioned cars so weird to play the "sports car" card.

And not to mention how much more you pay for the m2, doesn't seem worth it all to me. I've driven all the m cars and found them all lackluster but to each their own.
I normally donā€™t get in on these pissing contests but if you have driven ā€œallā€ the M cars then your 2015 must be blistering fast. I donā€™t see mods butā€¦Really? The M4 and M5 are more than capable. My lowly M240i is pushing 435hp and I think it is just as much fun as my GT. Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS

wow you got me, guess Chevrolet is the best auto maker of all time
/s

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I normally donā€™t get in on these pissing contests but if you have driven ā€œallā€ the M cars then your 2015 must be blistering fast. I donā€™t see mods butā€¦Really? The M4 and M5 are more than capable. My lowly M240i is pushing 435hp and I think it is just as much fun as my GT. Just my thoughts.

Ths sports
wow you got me, guess Chevrolet is the best auto maker of all time
/s
To have a Camaro fan tell you your car is ugly is funny.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nice, M2C is just a well sorted car, the kind that doesn't come along often. I'd enjoy having one. It would be high on my list of cars in that price range to try.

Makes me wish the M1 would come back. I want one but they've appreciated through the roof.

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Great read. I'm in a very similar situation. I previously sold my "expensive" car at the height of the market, bought a 21' GT PP to replace it for summer daily and road course duty. Extremely happy with the car for those purposes, but I am shopping for another summer car for a "sunday driver" and keep mustang for track use.

My short list is a 991.2 Carerra T, (have deposit on C8 allocation, like everyone lol), or possibly a Gen 2 R8. However, I have been looking a lot at the M2C like yourself. Considered getting one, but it seems like it would be silly to have both as they are both pretty similar, thoughts?

OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Great read. I'm in a very similar situation. I previously sold my "expensive" car at the height of the market, bought a 21' GT PP to replace it for summer daily and road course duty. Extremely happy with the car for those purposes, but I am shopping for another summer car for a "sunday driver" and keep mustang for track use.

My short list is a 991.2 Carerra T, (have deposit on C8 allocation, like everyone lol), or possibly a Gen 2 R8. However, I have been looking a lot at the M2C like yourself. Considered getting one, but it seems like it would be silly to have both as they are both pretty similar, thoughts?
The 991 is about the only car I could imagine replacing my M2C with. Either Carerra T or S would be exactly what I choose (unless I stumble into GT3 money lol). C8 also is nuts; so much performance!

I would say yes to your question; the Mustang and M2C are quite similar in many aspects. They have roughly the same interior space for the 2+2, perform similarly (big torque with an excellent building powerband), and can do daily driver duty just as well as each other (M2C is a little stiffer, but the smaller package is nice for DD duty). For me it was one or the other.

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Interesting observations for sure. Im still very much attracted to the M2C, I might just replace the mustang with one as i grow bored of it. Seems like a great platform

Sponsored

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
How did you find the fit in the two cars compared to eachother? Im 6'1" and about 210

OP
OP
Zissou

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
How did you find the fit in the two cars compared to eachother? Im 6'1" and about 210
About the same, but being 5'10" and 170 I find that every vehicle fits me fine - perks of being average!
The seats on the M2C have adjustable bolsters so you could make them wide or squeeze you tight.
I have the sunroof on mine which lowers headroom a bit, but I think even with that it's roughly the same as the mustang. No sunroof would give you a couple inches more.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It is, thanks for asking.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ths sports

To have a Camaro fan tell you your car is ugly is funny.
If you think a ZL1 is ugly, then you're a flat retard. The m2 is ugly and the new M cars look horrendous. Sorry to break it to you.

The last good M car was the E36 lol
Sponsored