Mustang GT vs 911Turbo

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Recently had a little fun in my stang and decided to accept a challenge from a 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo cabriolet. It was a Friday night I had just cleaned my car earlier for a good 4 hours(first black car), took it for a drive down to st pete FL from Clearwater and on my way the white Porsche was in front of me, I tailed him until we were in front of any traffic and got next to him, he looked over, smirked, and put his peddle to the floor(idk if it was auto or not) but I did the same and redlined the hell out of every shift, we started Rollin at about 40, and yes. Yes I did smoke him:thumbsup: was my first race, so I didn't check the speedo, and maybe he just didn't know how to shift or got scared ... Regardless it was a lot of fun. My ponys also non pp with stock gearing, I've heard people prefer it. No complaints from me!:D

Just thought I'd share a story.

AWD "In non-S trim, the twin-turbocharged flat-six makes 520 horsepower from 6000 to 6500 rpm; maximum torque is 487 lb-ft, available from 1900 to 5000 rpm. Top speed is 195 mph, and the sprint from standstill to 60 mph, Porsche says, takes 3.3 seconds—or 3.1 seconds when the Sport Chrono package is specified."
Sponsored

I M STIG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
The 2014 Turbo only comes in PDK, sadly.

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
He probably wasn't serious about really racing you at all. His car is multiples faster than yours, so its more of just an amusement for a quick minute.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Yeah what... there's no way he was trying.
Yeah I'm thinking that kinda too, but like I said we were already rolling, and was straight line. I've drove the turbo S 2013 it's no joke. He kept up with me just never passed my doors.... We hit at least 90 then there was a light ahead

I M STIG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard GT PP
Haha, he kept up by breathing on the throttle. He was probably thinking, "If we see a cop, the Mustang's size will hide me and he'll get pulled."

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
A supercharged gt or the 911 turbo, which would you bet money on

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
911 turbo

From Car & Driver:

With the one transmission available in all Turbos—the seven-speed dual-clutch PDK—locked into its optional launch control, the ETA for 60 mph should be 2.7 s*econds in the S. Porsche encouraged us to launch the car as many times as we liked, and the perfectly repeatable violence of it is terrifying. If you don’t have your head against the backrest before detonation, you’ll feel it in the morning. More technology: A revised four-wheel-drive system switches from the base Carrera 4’s ball-ramp-activated front-axle coupling to a new *liquid-cooled *Haldex hydraulic device (both are electronically controlled). Engineers say the extra precision offered by hydraulic control allows for better tuning of the torque-vectoring feature

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Probably a supercharged gt from a roll. On the track 1/4 mile with tires a supercharged gt. From a dig on the street a 911 turbo. N it all depends on how much boost the gt is pushing. I'm just going on the standard 8lbs. I walked a 911 turbo pretty easily in my supercharged 2011 on the hwy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Won't a stock supercharged auto do near 10s on the drag strip? Something I've read

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I installed a tvs with 82mm in my buddies 11 auto. With vmp tune, resonator delete, gt500 axle backs and a boost a pump, it went 10.67 at 131 (dynod 620 at wheels) on Mickey Thompson drag radials. 1.6x short time.

Brad34221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT
Why go so fast on US 19 or Bayside Bridge? Cops are there all the time. I agree with everyone else, the 911 wasn't really trying. It WAS nice of that driver to make you feel good though!!! :-)

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Why go so fast on US 19 or Bayside Bridge? Cops are there all the time. I agree with everyone else, the 911 wasn't really trying. It WAS nice of that driver to make you feel good though!!! :-)
Sad part is that it was on curlew, cop galore there. I'm sure he didn't want to WOT with the red light up ahead. I was pullin hard though:lol: felt good at least
Sponsored