Sponsored

Mustang GT Spoiler

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Hello OP, I don't have a spoiler either (delete). It actually grows on me, it actually looks really good (I can't believe I am saying this). I will wait a while until the spoiler bug gets me. I will drill holes, once it is on it stays on.

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT, 21' M4 Comp, 20' Supra
Hello OP, I don't have a spoiler either (delete). It actually grows on me, it actually looks really good (I can't believe I am saying this). I will wait a while until the spoiler bug gets me. I will drill holes, once it is on it stays on.
It’s definitely a clean look. I just want something because I’m a big fan of spoilers (track vibes) until I’d decide to permanently put holes but definitely can’t argue with you

OP
OP
Echo_26

Echo_26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT, 21' M4 Comp, 20' Supra
I put a carbon fiber GT350 wing on my car 6 years ago with 3m tape only. Never has it moved.
Was it a spoiler or like the 350r wing?

most of them have the bolts already on them so unless urs didn’t or I chop some off a used one I’m not sure I have many options 😅😅

Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
I put a carbon fiber GT350 wing on my car 6 years ago with 3m tape only. Never has it moved.
The OEM 350r wing has bolts and needs holes - because it's functional. Did you buy OEM or knockoff? The 350r wing moves a bunch of air and needs to be bolted for safety - which is why the Ford OEM one comes with bolts. The 350/500 "swing" also comes with bolts(I have one). I know that both of these are reproduced by a number of folks, and would bet a dollar that at least a few of them do almost nothing, even if they look cool or are CF. Safety issues get recalled and a spoiler or wing flying off is a safety issue(Which is why Ford bolts). A 1/4" piece of plastic at the right angle(wrong angle) will have little to no drag and could easily be taped on without worries. The same piece shaped a bit different, with a slightly different angle of attack would change up everything and would not look that much different then the one that doesn't do basically anything. Side note you can stand and jump on my splitter without it moving. The fake one that come on most of our cars do nothing, and if they did you would be able to stand on it because it would need to be attached very well so it wouldn't get ripped off at speeds. Checking out AJ Hartman Aero videos was a real eye opener for me. https://ajhartmanaero.com/
However I'm not even sort of an expert - so all of this could be hot air!

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Hey there, I just recently picked up a 2022 Mustang GT and it did not have a spoiler from factory which means no holes in the trunk.

I was looking to get a spoiler to add some touches to the car until I do a wing but I cant find one without bolts on it.

If anyone has any suggestions on a spoiler that is installed with 3M automotive adhesive (no drilling/bolts) I'd really appreciate it!!
Be glad your trunk has no holes. It cost me $200 to have to have my 19 PP1 center trunk holes welded over so I could install a Anderson CF Super Snake Spoiler. Good Luck

Mcgurr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mcgurr
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Hey there, I just recently picked up a 2022 Mustang GT and it did not have a spoiler from factory which means no holes in the trunk.

I was looking to get a spoiler to add some touches to the car until I do a wing but I cant find one without bolts on it.

If anyone has any suggestions on a spoiler that is installed with 3M automotive adhesive (no drilling/bolts) I'd really appreciate it!!
I know you dont want to drill into the trunk, however its not difficult at all. If I can do it, anyone can.

dman918

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
I was given a pp2 spoiler to mess with for my convertible. I got my multi tool out and cut off all the studs that would require drilling. Plan on installing with just 3m tape tomorrow. I have zero concerns on it staying put.
Sponsored