Sponsored

Mustang GT Premium vs Mustang GT PP1

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Based off your list do not think you are saving anything adding all those parts $$ up. That is easy 6-8k with labor and alignment. Plus you still will not have a torsion irs, larger radiator (add that in), pp1 gauge pack, rear spoiler and pp1 front spoiler. Most people can negotiate a nice discount off retail so the pp1 pack is not costing the actual retail $ anyway. If you like adding stuff to base car knock yourself out. Plenty of vendors here will take your money. In the end there is no right or wrong answer for your particular situation.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
In my opinion, Magneride is so good, it's worth the nearly $7k upcharge with the mandatory PP1 box ticked. Especially if this car will be a daily driver for you, or if you will have passengers regularly.
You will (secretly) enjoy the great ride and (openly) revel in the superior handling on varying road surfaces. And, in normal mode, you'll never have to apologize to your passengers for a flinty ride— it'll save your marriage.
(Yes, I'm excited about my new car :D)

Absolutely, in fact, I'd suggest it's __undervalued__. So when I think about Magride + PP1 for $6890 (@ MSRP), the total price vs. everything that adds, is just outstanding.

Also keep in mind, those are MSRP, so consider the typical discounts to the whole car (and how that affects option pricing).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ok gonna lay down some truth here LOL. People have to justify their purchases plain and simple. you are not gonna find a pp1 owner thats gonna say yup waste of money cause they aren't gonna admit that to themselves.
Hahaha, you act like I stumbled into a dealer drunk, signed a contract for a car I didn't want, and then woke up the next morning thinking, "Oh damn, now I have to support my alcohol fueled mistake".

No, many of us made a precise, calculated decision, after assessing all the options.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hahaha, you act like I stumbled into a dealer drunk, signed a contract for a car I didn't want, and then woke up the next morning thinking, "Oh damn, now I have to support my alcohol fueled mistake".

No, many of us made a precise, calculated decision, after assessing all the options.
But do you drive a non pp1 car daily that's same model? What's your bases for comparison to 100% say it's better? A 5 min test drive if a non pp1. Or your older model you traded in? I drive regularly both a pp1 and non pp1 same year same model same everything. I can tell you there ain't 5k of difference.

ah I bow out LOL this is no different then the 87 93 octane debate. you can show people proof all day long but unless its what cost the most then its all crap with car people LOL. 7k is a deal? man i wish i had the throw away income some of you seem to have. I remember when a whole damn car was only 7k. now some bits and pieces are 7k and people are oh its a deal even though the same exact thing just 3 years ago was 2k. wish I had yalls money to blow.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I can tell you there ain't 5k of difference.
Not in the daily driver that 99% of people on this forum do. No disrespect to anyone, but while Brembos feel nice, most buys PP for the label on the caliper. All the Mustang modders also spend mine because they enjoy having modded car, not because they will actually take advantage of it ("what's the best first mod" is a classic example of modifying the car to modify it, not to solve a problem).
However I'd say that Magneride is one of the options that does make a difference in daily driving. Whether it is worth the money - that's completely different story.

That's my slightly distorted (by how I mostly use this car) opinion.

Sponsored

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If the PP1 will be driving 100% on the street, I totally agree there won't be a difference.

Take a PP1 and Non-PP1 to a road course and let an instructor drive both. It will become apparent there is a huge difference after 10-15 laps with hard braking and constant high RPM. Used to be a High Performance Driving Experience Instructor and never compared the these two, but have compared other models.

So you don't think I'm an Internet armchair HPDE rider: 2012 GT500 Texas World Speedway

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
If the PP1 will be driving 100% on the street, I totally agree there won't be a difference.

Take a PP1 and Non-PP1 to a road course and let an instructor drive both. It will become apparent there is a huge difference after 10-15 laps with hard braking and constant high RPM. Used to be a High Performance Driving Experience Instructor and never compared the these two, but have compared other models.

So you don't think I'm an Internet armchair HPDE rider: 2012 GT500 Texas World Speedway
this i can agree with mostly just because of the brakes. But you sorta back my point up.. sorta. for the daily driver this is a nothing package just upsell. Cause I can tell you most these people are not instructors driving their cars hard for 15 laps around a track LOL. If so then by all means buy the pp1 :) but everyday street driving you are not gonna see much to no difference.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Very simple in fact, if you intend to regularly track your car you NEED the PP1 as base to built upon
Even if you end up changing wheels, tires and suspension
Anyone that say otherwise know squat about what pushing a car on a race track is

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
However I'd say that Magneride is one of the options that does make a difference in daily driving. Whether it is worth the money - that's completely different story.
The biggest driver for me getting the PP1 was to get the MagneRide. Then again, for the 2019, the PP1/MR combination was $5700 MSRP, not $7000, and I was dealing the price down from there.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I know im gonna hear shit for this but Im telling you I saw with my own eyes and i called and verified it with the dealer. But when I was looking for my car in 19 I saw a window sticker for a gt premium with magna ride and NO PP1 or 2. I know I know what your gonna say there is no way. But I tell you I saw it. I called the dealer and they verified it had magna ride and did NOT have the performance pack. I have no idea how or why but I saw it, it was on the sticker and I had it verified so I know there is at least one gt out there with magnaride and they didnt have to buy any Performance pack. wish I knew how the car got it. I considered buying it but I didnt want black and it didnt have the other options I wanted so I passed on it.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That the point I am trying to get at. I could use that extra $5000 on other modifications whether they are exterior or not.
IN my opinion i think you would be happier and it would cost less.

OP
OP

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
this i can agree with mostly just because of the brakes. But you sorta back my point up.. sorta. for the daily driver this is a nothing package just upsell. Cause I can tell you most these people are not instructors driving their cars hard for 15 laps around a track LOL. If so then by all means buy the pp1 :) but everyday street driving you are not gonna see much to no difference.
This is the point I was trying to get at. As even though there are parts that make the PP1 different from a regular premium I won't be to tell a difference probably from a daily driver. I figured that putting coilers on with a nice wheel set will already transform the car just as much if not better than the PP1. Not saying the performance car is not capable, but in my opinion, I think making your car your own with the additions you make will make it that much special. The reason why I put that set up in there is because I really want to make this a daily driver and weekend carving car.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
But do you drive a non pp1 car daily that's same model? What's your bases for comparison to 100% say it's better? A 5 min test drive if a non pp1. Or your older model you traded in? I drive regularly both a pp1 and non pp1 same year same model same everything. I can tell you there ain't 5k of difference.

ah I bow out LOL this is no different then the 87 93 octane debate. you can show people proof all day long but unless its what cost the most then its all crap with car people LOL. 7k is a deal? man i wish i had the throw away income some of you seem to have. I remember when a whole damn car was only 7k. now some bits and pieces are 7k and people are oh its a deal even though the same exact thing just 3 years ago was 2k. wish I had yalls money to blow.

Yep, drove a MY18+ base (well, Premium/401a/Ebony package), PP1 w/o MR and PP1 w/ MR, and based my purchasing decision on several factors: my review of S550.2 vehicles, my ownership of a '2016 PP1 car (and the previous tests of non-PP1 cars in the S550 flavor, as well as considering and driving a few '13/'14 GT500s), my ownership of several performance cars including a number of Vettes, and other moderately to extensively modified performance models from various manufacturers (including my 750 HP Supra that was a near ground up build).

I tested a number of other cars before both GT purchases including vehicles like an M3/M4. I also have close to 100 track events under my belt over a couple of decades, including road course, A/X and a couple of sanctioned top end runs (including DIY'ing all the required prep for said events), and a decent amount of wheel time with other makes/models at those events for comparison (Vipers, GT-R, P-cars).

So yeah, I feel like I made a pretty qualified choice, informed by a reasonable amount of experience.

I know im gonna hear shit for this but Im telling you I saw with my own eyes and i called and verified it with the dealer. But when I was looking for my car in 19 I saw a window sticker for a gt premium with magna ride and NO PP1 or 2.
Pics or it didn't happen. It doesn't exist in any documentation anywhere, not on the official Ford configurator, not in any literature - you can start a thread here and solicit owners of non-PPx cars that have OEM Magneride and you won't get a single confirmation.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
This is the point I was trying to get at. As even though there are parts that make the PP1 different from a regular premium I won't be to tell a difference probably from a daily driver. I figured that putting coilers on with a nice wheel set will already transform the car just as much if not better than the PP1. Not saying the performance car is not capable, but in my opinion, I think making your car your own with the additions you make will make it that much special. The reason why I put that set up in there is because I really want to make this a daily driver and weekend carving car.
you are correct. Ill put this another way. My buddy which i have mention several times. just recently put a supercharger on his. we still go race and spirited driving and all. we will hit the interstate and he will nail it. Does he leave me in the dust...ehhhh not so much. so between the pp1 and the super charger hes got almost 13k more performance then i do and still he cant just leave me in the dust hes gotta walk it away. My point of all this is yeah performance stuff is cool and all but the 5.0 460hp gt mustang is already so capable that when you add this high dollar stuff to it , it only adds a little bit to it not a whole lot. if you are just a oem gotta have a warrenty guy then sure by all means cause its one of your only way to add to the car. but if you are a modder and plan on changing the car to your own. skip the pp1 stuff.
Sponsored